Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFlare
journeyman
Re: found lots of shrooms liberty caps :> north scotland
    #1962638 - 09/29/03 12:25 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

hi
just back form a successful trip.... found LOTS of magic mushrooms around the edge of a horse field... the owners of the horses dumped all their horse shit on the edge of a field... prime place to pick them got around a 100 of em. but i saw also lots of other mushrooms looked to me like baby lib caps.. they were kinda white / yellow / brown but they had a wide cap... looked like they were gonna develop into some nice big lib caps... maybe ill check them out to see if they go darker brown and taller in the next few days if they dont kinda mature i dont think ill pick them at all as i dont know if they are magic mushrooms... btw was my 1st time hunting :smile: happy hunting w00t

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: found lots of shrooms liberty caps :> north scotland [Re: Flare]
    #1962953 - 09/29/03 02:21 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

>btw was my 1st time hunting

That's pretty obvious. Your descriptive skills are seriously lacking. Just judging by the contents of your post, I'd say you probably don't have liberty caps. I'm being 100% honest with all judgement aside: out of your 4 posts, none of them so that you are capeable of identifying liberty caps. Please do not eat what you found unless you can get us a much better description and a picture. Read the first three thread in this forum, they'll help you out tremendously.

OfflineFlare
journeyman
    #1963009 - 09/29/03 02:37 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

hey the ones ive found look identical to these: http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Geyser/2508/index2.htm <-- click on identification link the ones in that pic are the ones ive picked... and they match the heights and stuff altho i did pick some really tall ones like 15cm i guess ill throw them away

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan Flag
    #1963103 - 09/29/03 03:04 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

ive said it before and i will say it again and again if i have to, dont go picking mushrooms and try to match them up to pictures of "magic mushrooms" this is how people die.

and liberty caps do not grow on dung, at all, sorry.

they grow in living grass only, and most prolifically on sage grass.

the soil should be moist and well-manured, weather humid and cold.

if the mushrooms you found only grew around dung, then they arent libs, because thats simply not a characteristic and lib ever has. ever.

you have panaeolus sphinctrinus i think judging by your vague description, that makes my call a guess-call, so please dont eat, try to post pics, we CAN help you and you will waste alot less time.

also, try sage grass, it grown in dark green clumps, very spiky, often it ditches, you need to part it with your hands and dig down in the shade for them, i guarentee this is the best way, it is rare to find them in regular grass in quantity.

OfflineFlare
journeyman
Re: found lots of shrooms liberty caps :> north scotland [Re: Gumby]
    #1963129 - 09/29/03 03:13 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

oki i had some guy look at them he knows wat they look like... he picked them lot of times b4 he said some of them were ok others were just shit. tol me to trhwo like 1/2 of them away. most of them have brown cap.. leading from a nipple down to a brown colour till it hits the edge of the cap then its got like white frilled bit all way around the cap then just unde the cap the stem is white then it leads off down to a brown colour. then i got some real tall ones which have a real big cap like 20mm big and are like 100mm high only found about 7 of them.. rest of them were real small.. like half the size of my hand... wat would happen if i ate these ?

OfflineFlare
journeyman
Re: found lots of shrooms liberty caps :> north scotland [Re: Mitchnast]
    #1963189 - 09/29/03 03:32 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

mmm alot of my mushroom look like the Panaeolus sphinctrinus do these contain any Psilocybin ? should i eat them or just throw them away ? altho the underside of the caps look different to the pics ive seen of them who know think ill jus eat them see wat happens i guess the hospital is close by

Edited by Flare (09/29/03 03:34 PM)

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
    #1963220 - 09/29/03 03:39 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

think ill jus eat them see wat happens i guess the hospital is close by

Wow..

--------------------
http://heffter.org

OfflineFlare
journeyman
    #1963231 - 09/29/03 03:41 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

oki looked closely at the srhooms and i asked my picking partner where he picked his ones.. he said he picked his ones next to where the horse shit was in the grass... not actually picking them from the horse shit... but i think we got a mix of them.. will try take some photos tomorrow. but i dont have a digi camera... will b from a samsung photo phone hrhr i got a mix of them so i got some magic ones and oens that look like magic ones.. any of them that look simialr and grown in/near dung potentialy dangerous ? thx for the help so far

InvisibleTremor1127
Mental Member
Male

Loc: In a Van Down By the Rive...
Post deleted by Administrator [Re: Flare]
    #1963242 - 09/29/03 03:45 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

OfflineFlare
journeyman
Re: found lots of shrooms liberty caps :> north scotland [Re: Tremor1127]
    #1963277 - 09/29/03 03:55 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

ok so if i walk into cow / horse / sheep field i see a huge pile of shit... theres mushrooms gorwing outta the shit,, then right next to the shit theres mushrooms in the grass... im guessing the ones in the grass theres a good chance they would b magic mushrooms ya ? and the ones growing in the shit would be more like the Panaeolus sphinctrinus?

OfflineJimBoB
sucky sucky 10dollar

Loc: England.
    #1963417 - 09/29/03 04:47 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

huge piles of shit have no relation to grass growing liberty caps. liberty caps grow in grass and nothing else.

Offlinecaller11
Generallyfrustrated

Loc: Bay Area
    #1963460 - 09/29/03 05:01 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Here's a quote from the same page as your Liberty Cap pic...

"WARNING: Only an experienced mycophile should identify any species of mushrooms. Psilocybe semilanceata is what is known as a LBM - little brown mushroom - there are many thousand lookalike species which could easily be mistaken for this relatively non-toxic (although hallucinogenic) species. All it takes is the consumption of a toxic mis-identified species to end someones liffe. No mushroom should ever be consumed without being 100% sure of its identification."

I guess you missed that part.

Anonymous

#2848373 - 07/01/04 06:00 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

don't be retarded. do some more research before you decide to eat em.

InvisibleDepthToTheCore
JeeBuzz
Male User Gallery
Loc: Australia brah
    #2849637 - 07/02/04 12:06 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah seriously dude what the hell is wrong with you. It's not a joke about properly identifying mushrooms. I think there are a few people on this forum who have accidentally eaten a mushroom they "thought" was active and have had a very unpleasant trip to the emergency room. To put this bluntly, dont fuck around with mushrooms, because one wrong move and your dead.

Peace

--------------------

"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music." - George Carlin

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: found lots of shrooms liberty caps :> north scotland [Re: ]
    #2849999 - 07/02/04 01:39 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

ERhm... This post is nearly a YEAR OLD!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate