Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineram2453872
Stranger
Unsure with contamination problem
    #1960018 - 09/28/03 03:23 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

This is my 2nd time to try this and i had much better results but still problems. I am using golden teacher spore syringe, with the pk tek using brf which i ground myself. first time i think i did things messy and that was problem. only 2 jars grew anything and both ended up contaminated. The 2nd time this is how i set it up. I used the pk tek agian with the brf. I put 3 sheats of foil over the jars and boil in a pot with lid on for 2 hours. i let them cool for about 6 hours. I then took the jars in a box to a friends house. We first cleaned the kitchen table with disenfectant. Then we went to wash hands in bathroom. first with soap then with rubbing alc. we made sure not to touch anything on way out and let hands air dry after the rubbing acl. we took teh syringe out and with a lighter held over the needle until it was red, we then let it cool for a coupel sec and took the top layer of foil off and put the spores in at 4 diffrent spots. o and we turned ac and all fans off and sprayed the air with the disinfectant before we started. we reburned the needle each time before and put the top foil lid back on as soon as possiable. we finished and noticed growth starting in about 4 days. now at about day nine we see alot of growth, but small spots of the same dark green contamination as before. im unsure what we did wrong this time im thinking of doing it in the oven next time. if anyone has any thing which would help please post i dont want to keep buying syrings without knowing what im doing wrong

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineram2453872
Stranger
Re: Unsure with contamination problem [Re: ram2453872]
    #1960039 - 09/28/03 03:33 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Also to be more spacific with the contamination. it is small spots of dark green. it also is only at certain sides. other spots are thick and pure white. There are only small spots to start with, but im geussing it will grow is there anyway to stop it? if not advice with next try would be helpful.

InvisibleOsker246
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #1960886 - 09/28/03 08:01 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

It could possibly be the syringe being contaminated. Im not sure just keep tryin maybe try steralizing the jar for a bit longer.

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
Re: Unsure with contamination problem [Re: Osker246]
    #1961690 - 09/29/03 01:06 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

get a pressure cooker.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

Offlineram2453872
Stranger
Re: Unsure with contamination problem [Re: Hanky]
    #1962105 - 09/29/03 06:34 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

OK, well i thought i was boiling enough but geuss not. i dont have the money for a pressure cooker at the moment, but next time i think im going to boil for 3 hours 2 or 3 days in a row first. Also my mom has this stemer at her house that i think might work. it will only fit 2 jars at a time, but i asked her what the diffrence between that and a cooker was she said the stemer gets hoter. I was wondering if that would work instead. Only details i know about it is it is a panisonic and that it seems to get pretty damn hot, also has a lid.

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #1962615 - 09/29/03 12:11 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Read the faqs about Fractional sterilization, that will help you get a sterile substrate without a PC. Anyway, a PC is the best you can buy to get the job well done, consider about buying one in the future.
Btw, did you make any holes on the lid ? I don't think so. You did an open air inoculation, that can cost you alot and i seems it did.
Why didn't you punch the foil with the needle, inoculate and then cover the hole with adhesive tape ?
You should also clean the needle with a cotton piece soaked with alcohol after flaming it and before inoculating. You need to flame the needle just between jars and not between inoculations.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Offlineram2453872
Stranger
Re: Unsure with contamination problem [Re: MAIA]
    #1962732 - 09/29/03 12:55 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

i did make the holes with the needle, i had a layer of foil which was on the bottom which was 2 sheats thick and the one i took off was the top layer with no holes in it. i forgot to whip down needle after burning which was a mistake. But i geuss what you saying is that it sounds like the jars where contaminated from the start. Tape works better then seperating a diffrent piece of foil i geuss i will do that next time.and i only cleaned the needle between jars. thanks for the help though spending $20 something of syrings and waiting for them in the mail, with negative results is starting to get annoying. If i had my own spores it wouldnt really bug me much, but i need to get it right to get them. Also if any one knows a good site/place to get a good working presure cooker for low price please tell.

Edited by ram2453872 (09/29/03 01:14 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures