Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anonymous

Tracking down trolls...
    #195803 - 07/03/00 03:30 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

I wonder if its possible to track down the Internet service provider that the trolls are using. I have heard of cases where trolls have lost access through a certain provider due to their abuse of their account. Why dont we get the IP address of the obvious trolls and contact the webmaster.

We have all these "hacker" types in the shroomery, why dont we track these fools down and cause them some trouble :smile:

Cheers,

Thor.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Tracking down trolls... [Re: Anonymous]
    #195804 - 07/02/00 10:58 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Thor, please catch up with the rest of the Shroomery..it's not nessacary to hunt down trolls, as well as it being a waste of time. Aphex has halted registration and made a screening proscess so that no one can post without his oking it.

Anonymous

#195805 - 07/03/00 11:21 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Catch up with the rest of the shroomery?? OK what I suggest is that if one particular person is persistant in causing trouble then why not contact the ISP, its not that hard from what I hear. And in problem cases its a good idea to report these trolls, because once they get bored of us they will move onto another board to do it all over again.

ISPs do take this stuff seriously, and if they recieve complaints the do act on them.

Hopefully now I have "caught" up with the shroomery, I would hate to put in any helpfull suggestions..

Thor.

Anonymous

#195806 - 07/03/00 11:41 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Indeed..even when the problemis already solved...

InvisibleCaptain Jack
i [heart] you

#195807 - 07/03/00 12:40 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

"catch up with the rest of the shroomery"?

I don't know if any of our solutions to the troll problem can actually be permanent. Thus, all ideas are welcome. Gracias, Thor.

------------------
Listen to Captain Jack
http://www.captainjackmusic.com/
http://www.mp3.com/captainjack99/

--------------------
-
Captain Jack has been hailed as a brilliant scholar, discredited as a brilliant fraud, and mistaken for a much taller man on several occasions.

Anonymous

#195808 - 07/03/00 01:06 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

I don't underestimate Aphex's best judgement. And from his recent plan it sounds like everything is all figured out. Now it just needs to be enforced.

Anonymous

#195809 - 07/03/00 02:18 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks Captain :smile: I think we can both agree that we have to have battle plans if they persist or get worse..

DXMDemon... This is not the first time we?ve seen troll invasions here, so this time around dont mind if we consider further actions then the last time around. Reporting problems to ISPs is not a bad idea, these people need to be held accountible for their actions.

Why you seem so against me posting suggestions to solve what you call a solved problem is beyond me. Trolls are never solved, just dealt with, it doesnt hurt to be ready for the future ones.

Thor.

[This message has been edited by thorvidar (edited July 03, 2000).]

Anonymous

#195810 - 07/03/00 03:05 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

I'm not against you..I feel that for now the problem has been taken care of, and that everyone is making it look like they are still posting crap every day. They havn't in a few days..since Aphex took care of them. So what i'm saying is untill it becomes a problem again (and it's not a problem now), don't worry about it. I'd like to see something ELSE discussed on the shroomery besides trolls..and that's why I may seem so determined to quiet everyone up about this. The Shroomery is collectivly panicking after the problem is over.

[This message has been edited by DXMDemon (edited July 03, 2000).]

Anonymous

#195811 - 07/03/00 11:40 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

This is the "suggestion forum"... I suggested an idea for troublemakers who cause ongoing problems. Just because its quiet now, does not mean this can not happen again. If you dont like reading about this, then dont read the posts concerning it. You are not forced to click on posts that deal with the trolls, its as simple as that.

Thor.

Anonymous

#195812 - 07/03/00 10:40 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Once again, no trolls have posted in the last few days. Let's just wait and see how long Aphex's plan works out.

"I mean you no harm." - Yoda

[This message has been edited by DXMDemon (edited July 04, 2000).]

OfflineSin Bad
Mushroom Man

Loc: Japan
    #195813 - 07/05/00 04:25 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

What are trolls?

Sorry guys, I haven't been here for a while, but I remember you Thor, the man from the land of ice where elves and gnomes (and probably trolls!) roam free.

[This message has been edited by Sin Bad (edited July 05, 2000).]

InvisibleSouthernGent
veteran
    #676756 - 06/13/02 01:26 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

LOL damm Thor you did act like a homo in your early days didnt ya?
thorvidar hahahhahhahahah what a homo nicname

--------------------

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Tracking down trolls... [Re: SouthernGent]
    #676881 - 06/13/02 02:47 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

thorvidar - ??r vi?ar . Its my first and middle name put together, my middle name is not translateable into english.

It wasn't a good nick, but back then I didn't care since I just needed to post a few mushroom hunting questions, but then I got into posting more as I got drawn into this crazy place.

Now being that you probably didn't know my nick was my real name, I will forgive you for calling it stupid, because if someone insulted me for my name in real life they wouldn't be laughing for long.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom