Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
origins of life
    #1955415 - 09/26/03 06:02 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

the theory that makes the most sense to me at this juncture would be the idea that an asteroid hit the earth creating a catalyst for life by adding some foriegn chemicals and heat...only a theory though...what do you believe is the best theory, or at least throw some interesting theories in here.

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
Re: origins of life [Re: CleverName]
    #1955468 - 09/26/03 06:26 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I think Life on earth could of started because it was bombarded by astroids that contained water and amino acids with maybe some micro-organism at the very beginning of the planets creation.

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

Re: origins of life [Re: EvilGir]
    #1955477 - 09/26/03 06:33 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

where did the micro-organisms come from?

I thought it was the intergalactic spores that brought life here.

I still think it was deep ocean + sulfer vents + millions of years.

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Re: origins of life [Re: mntlfngrs]
    #1955487 - 09/26/03 06:45 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Isnt intergalactic spores the same thing as micro-organism.

--------------------

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

#1955513 - 09/26/03 06:56 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Not neccesarily. So same question. If we are looking for the origin of life then where did the spores/micro-organisms come from?

--------------------

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Loc: New Jersey U.S.
    #1955516 - 09/26/03 06:58 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

WTF! DONT YOU KNOW THE ALL LOVING GOD CREATED LIFE!! HOW DARE YOU QUESTION HIS POWER!!! YOUR ARE GOING TO BURN IN HELL FOR ALL ETERNITY!! BWAHAHAHAAH!!!

:lol: Just kidding, just surprissed no Fundamentalists have stood up and said that yet. Anyway, i found this intresting project
http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn...p;notFound=true

--------------------

OfflineJazzMatazz
addict

Loc: Vienna, Austria
Re: origins of life [Re: Spokesman]
    #1955536 - 09/26/03 07:07 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Life was created , something like this: (I learned it in Biologie, but Iit's only the rough version, as I forgot):
In the first ages of the earth , there where great seas, and finally also land. This consisted of rocks. As the earth-plates moved vulcanos began to form. And also the clouds. The first rainfall , which hit the water made drops come out and dived back in again. These contained primal proteins, having a hydrophil and a lipophil end, which built a ring with all the lipophil ends facing the outside. It was thus a closed capsule, which let no water get in, or out. The first cell-structure was born. Inside it caontained minierals, an other proteins. And in terms of evolution it grew more complex, and finally managed to devide itself.
We are the finally stage (at the moment) of this process.
If anyone has more detailed infos, or corrections please do!

--------------------
Perception is limited to consciousness.Expand it and unfold other realities.

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

#1955543 - 09/26/03 07:11 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Not neccesarily. So same question. If we are looking for the origin of life then where did the spores/micro-organisms come from?

Well the best guess is the heart of a interstella nursery, i guess in the center of one of thoe fusion reactors. Cos it seems this is where our solar systems, suns ect are created. And we have found microbs ect that can sustain life in the harshest of enviroments.

--------------------

Edited by jezu (09/26/03 07:16 PM)

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

#1955545 - 09/26/03 07:12 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Interesting and scarry article.

--------------------

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

#1955560 - 09/26/03 07:27 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

If one analyzes the genetic information in a variety of modern organisms living on Earth, one can begin to group and separate organisms based on their common (or disparate) properties. This type of analyses is intuitive at some levels. For example, most people recognize that mule deer and white tail deer are more closely related than mule deer and grizzly bears. Consequently, in a tree of life, mule deer would appear closer to white tail deer than grizzly bears. This same process can be applied to all organisms and has led to three large domains of life: Bacteria, Archaea, and Eukarya. Humans, as well as other complex mammals, are part of the Eukarya group. If one traces the genetic information in organisms in all three groups, it appears they have a common ancestor or at least ancestors that share a common set of traits. In either case, it appears the earlist form of life in the tree of life were thermophilic or hyperthermophilic organism, which means they lived in systems composed of hot water.

Hot water systems are called hydrothermal systems. These can be found in areas of volcanic activity where hot molten rock beneath the surface heats groundwater. Hydrothermal systems produce hot springs and geysers at the surface. Good examples include Yellowstone on the United States and Rotorua in New Zealand.

and,

lunar cataclysm hypothesis.
Observations of impact craters on the Moon indicate that >1,700 impact craters with diameters >20 km were produced during the cataclysm. This implies that >17,000 impact craters with diameters >20km were produced on the Earth during this same period of time, which lasted from 20 to 200 million years. Each of these impact events is large enough to have produced global effects and some of the largest would have produced impact craters with diameters that exceeded 1,000 km. That is, impact craters the size of continents were being produced on the Earth.

Scientists are now wondering if this cataclysmic bombardment may have affected life on Earth or been involved in life's origins. The earliest isotopic evidence of life we have is from rocks ~3.8 billion years old, immediately after the cataclysm

--------------------

OfflineCleverName

#1955662 - 09/26/03 08:19 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

heres another less known theory i got at this web-site: http://www.chem.duke.edu/~jds/cruise_chem/Exobiology/sites.html

Frozen Ocean
Three billion years ago, the Sun which lights our solar system was thirty percent less luminous than it is today. Mant people believe that if the Earth's atmosphere was the same then as it is today, the oceans would be frozen. But recently, Jeffrey Bada of the Scripps Institution of Oceanography has proposed that the oceans would not completely freeze. Instead, he calculates that only the top 300 meters of the ocean would freeze over.

You might think that icy cold water trapped under hundreds of meters of ice would not be beneficial to life beginning, but in fact it is advantageous in many aspects. One advantage is that the layer of ice would provide a protective shield by preventing ultra-violet light, which enters the earth's atmosphere and destroys organic compounds, from reaching the developing molecules. Another advantage is that it would provide safety from the devestating effects of impact frustration. ( Definition Box -Impact frustration is a theory which says that life may potentially have arisen many times, but was wiped out due to severe bolide impacts) The water beneath the ice would be cold, allowing for organic molecules to survive over much longer periods of time. These organic molecules could have been provided by the hydrothermal vents still prevalent on the ocean floor today. With a sufficient supply of organic molecules safe from ultra-violet radiation and bolide impact frustration, many believe that this was the environment allowing life to get a foothold on a hostile earth.

With a barrier between the atmosphere and the ocean, the debate concerning the composition of the atmosphere becomes much less significant. All of the components needed for organic syntheses such as the Strecker synthesis would be provided and kept stable, while the bottom of the ocean would provide a place for organics to gather and react. Following this reasoning, the atmospheric composition may only be important after life came out of the water, when life had already begun

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #1955752 - 09/26/03 09:06 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1956417 - 09/27/03 02:37 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

"the theory that makes the most sense to me at this juncture would be the idea that an asteroid hit the earth creating a catalyst for life by adding some foriegn chemicals and heat."

I'm sorry but in my opinion THIS IS NOT EXPLANATION OF THE ORIGINS OF LIFE..

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Re: origins of life [Re: Strumpling]
    #1956709 - 09/27/03 06:16 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Heres a more in-deph explination of the article Shroomism posted, http://www.viewzone.com/origins.html
i read this whole thing and all the scriptures do coincide with all the events in the bible. It's really intresting if aproached with an open mind.

--------------------

OfflineCleverName

Re: origins of life [Re: Strumpling]
    #1957213 - 09/27/03 01:05 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

ok...when i started this post i meant life on earth. what theory makes the most sense to you? by the way, my belief on this isnt set in stone...i thought that was clear.

--------------------

this is the purpose

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #1962097 - 09/29/03 06:30 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

life on this planet...
well, panspermia only pushes the "true" origins back another layer or two...
i suspect that most planets with sufficient organic stuff raining down (accretion from "cometstuff" infalling), & temperatures cycling between water freezing & water boiling, are gonna develop living systems...
~
(do check out lynn margulis & dorian sagan's excellent book _microcosmos_ for an overview on moneran utility & ubiquity...)

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Offlinecatalyst777
soul searcher
Male User Gallery

Re: origins of life [Re: gnrm23]
    #1962520 - 09/29/03 11:15 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I like what Albert Einstein said:
The harmony of natural law reveals an intelligence of such superiority that all the systematic thinking of human beings is utterly insignificant.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Since there seems to be so much animosity towards people like myself who believe in creation, I would ask this: Where did the spores come from? Where did the amino acids come from? Where did the proteins that comprise the amino acids come from?

I'm not trying to spark some huge debate. I just think it's strange that people who have witnessed the wonder of the plant this forum is dedicated to cannot allow for the supernatural.

--------------------
Facts do not cease to exist just because they are ignored.

Aldous Huxley

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Re: origins of life [Re: catalyst777]
    #1962819 - 09/29/03 01:24 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

They came from god..... yup.........................god. Humanity's lazy mind has once again solved the mistery of existance.............................

--------------------

OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Loc: Ten feet up
    #1962839 - 09/29/03 01:34 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

They could have. That theory can be proven nor disproven for now. Suppose before the big bang there was an expanded universe, much like the one we live in now. Suppose it collapsed back and created the big bang, in turn recreating all matter anew. If that were the case, wouldn't part of the all-important deterministic trail be completely wiped out?

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: origins of life [Re: Alan Stone]
    #1962889 - 09/29/03 01:55 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

> Where did the amino acids come from?

Amino acids are pretty common and easy to assemble in 'soup form' by putting together a large mix of hydrocarbons along with air and a little bit of energy (lightning, heat, etc). Nothing special here...

> Where did the proteins that comprise the amino acids come from?

This is backwords. Proteins can be very complex machines, built from amino acids, which are farily simply and finite, building blocks. This is where things get difficult to answer.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale