Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineAdustus
Multiple Personalities
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USA Flag
Looking into colorado for college
    #19407217 - 01/12/14 07:34 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

So my lady finally convinced me we should move to colorado for college.

Im curious to see what my fellow shroomers suggest for places to live. We wanna do college but also live a simple life of organicness. So maybe hippy towns or places with many communes or communities. I love me some culture:heart:

Any info really would help. Thanks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesomething super extreme
NIGGA YOU A FUCK NIGGA!
 User Gallery

Loc: TURNT UP!
Re: Looking into colorado for college [Re: Adustus] * 1
    #19407220 - 01/12/14 07:37 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

What's one good reason to pick Colorado over a school in your area? Have you ever relocated, particularly a distance as far as NY to CO?
Do you have realistic expectations of the expenses you'll incur while moving, the cost to establish yourself in a new area, cost of living, job prospects, what school you're going to go to and its requirements?

It's nice to have a vague and uninformed notion of "I want to move here so I can be a hippy", but try to temper your enthusiasm with a little realism.

OfflineAdustus
Multiple Personalities

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Looking into colorado for college [Re: something super extreme]
    #19407234 - 01/12/14 07:44 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

sVs said:
What's one good reason to pick Colorado over a school in your area? Have you ever relocated, particularly a distance as far as NY to CO?
Do you have realistic expectations of the expenses you'll incur while moving, the cost to establish yourself in a new area, cost of living, job prospects, what school you're going to go to and its requirements?

It's nice to have a vague and uninformed notion of "I want to move here so I can be a hippy", but try to temper your enthusiasm with a little realism.

Well I feel as though your throwing down alot of assumptions here guy. I was going to add but was hoping i wouldnt have too "no this isnt a move for the sake of legal pot".

Furthermore Ive made the move from TE to NY just fine. I have over 4k$ saved so far. I cant decide on schools till I decide on where Id like to live.

And to note on the notion of choosing a school here. Have you ever lived in NY? Its a fucking shithole. Everything is unrealistically expensive and jobs are scarce. Also the schooling here is terrible which is why I dropped out of it in the first place. Im looking for the college experience. Not redneck paradise.

Now how about we only post helpful information and not make asses of ourselves okay?:wink:

NIGGA YOU A FUCK NIGGA!
 User Gallery

Re: Looking into colorado for college [Re: Adustus] * 1
    #19407368 - 01/12/14 08:41 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

If you'd like 'helpful' advice, you need to provide us with a little more than a poorly-formed pipe dream that amounts to "hey guys i want to move to colorado". Colorado can be expensive, too. Not New York expensive, but if you're blindly relocating with no job, (assuming) no education, and no idea of what you're looking for, you are setting yourself up for hard times.

I put myself through four years of school in Atlanta just fine, without relocating until after I'd finished my schooling. Moving without a plan is risky and puts you in a potential financial predicament that you could easily avoid by having a better idea of what you're looking for. What do you want to go to school for, where do you want to live, what kind of budget are you looking at? Four thousand dollars is a very tight budget to move on without having some kind of friends or family in the area to assist you. When my wife and I moved from Atlanta to Oregon the first time, I moved on a budget nearing three times what you've saved and still had to maintain a healthy amount of frugality in order not to exceed my budget.

Rather than assume I'm trying to cut you down, try to take a look at your plans from a realistic perspective and provide us with as much information as you can, so that we can better help you. You are, after all, asking us for assistance and there's only so much we can provide with vague information.

OfflineAntiEverything
im not a doctor
Male

Re: Looking into colorado for college [Re: Adustus]
    #19407383 - 01/12/14 08:49 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Adustus said:
Quote:

sVs said:

Well I feel as though your throwing down alot of assumptions here guy. I was going to add but was hoping i wouldnt have too "no this isnt a move for the sake of legal pot".

Furthermore Ive made the move from TE to NY just fine. I have over 4k$ saved so far. I cant decide on schools till I decide on where Id like to live.

And to note on the notion of choosing a school here. Have you ever lived in NY? Its a fucking shithole. Everything is unrealistically expensive and jobs are scarce. Also the schooling here is terrible which is why I dropped out of it in the first place. Im looking for the college experience. Not redneck paradise.

Now how about we only post helpful information and not make asses of ourselves okay?:wink:

why not move to colorado for legal weed if youre a pot smoker?

cmon if you've never been there and you just randomly pulled it out of a hat?
like omg no weed being legal has obviously nothing to do with it
ok so q me this
do you smoke pot?

--------------------
You are at once
both
the quiet
and
the confusion
of my heart.
-Franz Kafka

OfflineJanna
Female User Gallery

Re: Looking into colorado for college [Re: something super extreme] * 2
    #19407401 - 01/12/14 08:56 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Moving to Colorado almost killed me, granted you are already in a much better situation then I was at the time.
$4000 can go by increadably fast when you are trying to support yourself and find a place to live.
But to answer the college question, unless your parents are super loaded, going to a 4 year college is a complete waste of money.
If I were you I would spend at least the first few years at a community college, Front Range Community College (FRCC) is a good one. Most people I knows financial aid pays for all their time at frcc.
Another thing to keep in mind by moving you're making things more expensive on yourself as far as out of state tuition is concerned.
Anyways, best of luck.

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

#19407474 - 01/12/14 09:18 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

obviously OP, you need to start with a budget and consider where you'll need to be georaphicallly (e.g., close to school).  That would narrow it down a bit.

Quote:

Adustus said:

Colleges in NY are just fine.  Outside of Long Island/NYC area/downstate, the cost of living is reasonable.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

OfflineAdustus
Multiple Personalities

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Looking into colorado for college [Re: badchad]
    #19407561 - 01/12/14 09:49 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

badchad said:
obviously OP, you need to start with a budget and consider where you'll need to be georaphicallly (e.g., close to school).  That would narrow it down a bit.

Quote:

Adustus said:

Colleges in NY are just fine.  Outside of Long Island/NYC area/downstate, the cost of living is reasonable.

My ass the cost of living is outrageous! Who the fuck pays 1200$ a month for a one bedroom?

OfflineAdustus
Multiple Personalities

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Looking into colorado for college [Re: AntiEverything] * 1
    #19407591 - 01/12/14 09:56 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

AntiEverything said:
Quote:

Adustus said:

why not move to colorado for legal weed if youre a pot smoker?

cmon if you've never been there and you just randomly pulled it out of a hat?
like omg no weed being legal has obviously nothing to do with it
ok so q me this
do you smoke pot?

Of course I smoke pot. Its great. But she chose CO for her schooling. She has scholarships out the ass and has her ways of doing her college stuff. I intend to only do community as I dont really think its a good spend of time and resources either.

This is her choice and I agree with a change of scenery. Im not going to live here and were going to live there. This entire thread has been directed towards accusing me of being some dumb fuck moving there for pot being legal and has had little to no info reguarding places in Colorado. You fools dont think I know about WA? Stop wasting both of our time in trying to suggest elsewhere or ensure me NY is fine and that CO is only in my head due to MJ.

I made this thread in order to get info on places to live from people who have lived there. Not to sit here and listen too people have an ass headed opinion about what Im doing with my lady and my life.

Now if anyone has a relevant answer to my questions Id love to hear them. Otherwise if your just another asshole here to question me about what im doing with my life then please take your two tons of bullshit elsewhere. your opinions do not serve me nor this thread.

Thank you.

OfflineAdustus
Multiple Personalities

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Looking into colorado for college [Re: Janna]
    #19407629 - 01/12/14 10:06 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Janna said:
Moving to Colorado almost killed me, granted you are already in a much better situation then I was at the time.
$4000 can go by increadably fast when you are trying to support yourself and find a place to live.
But to answer the college question, unless your parents are super loaded, going to a 4 year college is a complete waste of money.
If I were you I would spend at least the first few years at a community college, Front Range Community College (FRCC) is a good one. Most people I knows financial aid pays for all their time at frcc.
Another thing to keep in mind by moving you're making things more expensive on yourself as far as out of state tuition is concerned.
Anyways, best of luck.

Thanks for the helpful info!

OfflineCannabischarlie
Resident badass
 User Gallery

#19407744 - 01/12/14 10:34 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Adustus said:
So my lady finally convinced me we should move to colorado for college.

Im curious to see what my fellow shroomers suggest for places to live. We wanna do college but also live a simple life of organicness. So maybe hippy towns or places with many communes or communities. I love me some culture:heart:

Any info really would help. Thanks!

A friend of mine went to college out here, because it was the only place. I hadn't seen the guy since Middle School and he lives in Texas. He flunked out, but not from F's or anything, it's just really hard and I think flunking is like getting a C or something weird, he may not ever decide to do that sort of engineering, but this was the only place that had it and he lived out here when we where little.

Another Shroomerite a few years back hit me up in real life through here, he was coming out to check out culinary school, which is limited and Colorado has it.

We actually have really good community colleges too, but not sure what that would do for you if you couldn't just take it where you are.

If you like completely legal weed and are over 21, or skiing/snowboarding, or something, yeah of course we got that but that's of course not what you are here for, just a way to relax

--------------------
This section of the signature line has been intentionally left blank.

we could all use a little more sunshine.

:shrug: yeah, she's funny and somewhat interesting.  not a beauty queen, but not bad lookin.  i'd feel quite honored to fuck janine garofalo.
-tiny_rabid_birds

Invisiblepwnasaurus
Stranger

Loc: Canada Flag
    #19407984 - 01/12/14 11:44 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Adustus said:
Quote:

badchad said:

Quote:

Adustus said:

My ass the cost of living is outrageous! Who the fuck pays 1200$ a month for a one bedroom?

I pay that for a bachelor and many of my friends pay a lot more than that for a one bedroom.

Edited by pwnasaurus (01/12/14 02:50 PM)

Offlineteamkiller
ghetto drama whore
 User Gallery

Re: Looking into colorado for college [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #19408088 - 01/12/14 12:10 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

lol

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WEED OKAY.  Just out of the 50 states colorado seemed like a good one.

--------------------

OfflineAdustus
Multiple Personalities

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Looking into colorado for college [Re: teamkiller]
    #19408953 - 01/12/14 04:00 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

teamkiller said:
lol

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WEED OKAY.  Just out of the 50 states colorado seemed like a good one.

Cmon now man theres plenty of states that have medical. Besides not like you cant buy dope in NY. Doesnt anyone get their dope from anywhere but CO? If so then stop going on and on and on and on about how everyone lives there for dope purposes. Its so stupid. I dont know her reasons for choosing what school she is. And not all states are the same. AT ALL. NY is bunk bullshit and so is the schooling. I have my reasons. And thats good enough. Reguardless of what anyone says.

So does anyone know of a town with feel good vibes?

NIGGA YOU A FUCK NIGGA!
 User Gallery

#19408969 - 01/12/14 04:06 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Adustus said:
So does anyone know of a town with feel good vibes?

This is how I know you aren't prepared to undertake such a venture.
If you're contemplating a life-changing decision, try to think beyond "feel good vibes" for just a minute. :rolleyes:

InvisibletheRAPeutic
Hueman
Male

#19408981 - 01/12/14 04:10 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I really agree with everything sVs is saying, but OP seems to ignore it.

NIGGA YOU A FUCK NIGGA!
 User Gallery

Re: Looking into colorado for college [Re: theRAPeutic]
    #19408985 - 01/12/14 04:11 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

He already ignored me. :rofl:

InvisibleMagicman69
All About the Benjamins
Male User Gallery

Re: Looking into colorado for college [Re: theRAPeutic]
    #19408987 - 01/12/14 04:11 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Fort Collins, Colorado State University.

OR

Boulder, University of Colorado.

Both great schools in great locations.

Edited by Magicman69 (01/12/14 04:11 PM)

OfflineJPDancer
Stranger

Re: Looking into colorado for college [Re: Magicman69]
    #19409038 - 01/12/14 04:24 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

LOL sVs didn't even mention pot and he was just trying to drop some reality on the dreamage. He wasn't being a hater or even that pessimistic, just trying to be real. lolz.

Good luck though bro, hope you get all that legal herb into your lungs :cheers:

--------------------

OfflineLord_McLovin
mad scientist on shrooms
Male User Gallery

Loc: infinite dimensional void
Re: Looking into colorado for college [Re: JPDancer] * 3
    #19409048 - 01/12/14 04:28 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I never understood while moving in order not to go to jail is so frowned upon in this community.

--------------------
Stand up. You're not alone.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order