Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleNecroMyce
Mostly Ghostly
I'm a teapot

Ecuador 1/3/14 (log)
    #19383786 - 01/07/14 05:11 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

1/7/14 4:02pmWestern
So im posting this log for my own reasons. Just to remember what i did and share along with keep my data constant, or try or whatever. Its fun.

With every new post i post, ill talk about the pictures in the timeline, but underneath the whole post ill put extra notes and things that were on my mind during the log, experiments i did to overcome problems, etc. personal shit.

So i knocked up 2 master rye jars to do G2G with of Ecuador, then spawn to coir/verm.

Here is some pictures that i could salvage to show its growth. So far i just spawned them on 1/7/14. To a 80% coir, 20% verm mix. About 3-5quarts of rye spawn. Doing an experiment to see how long it takes with less rye.

1 66quart Ecuador Rye Monotub.
  Master injected 11/15/13. G2G 11/25/13ish. Spawned 1/3/14. And today its 1/7/14 and its at 45% colonization.

Notice the orange spot on the bright white myce. I thought it was metabolites from rust. But it turned out to be yeast infection. I tossed the jar because once i shook it after seeing the orange spot. It got way way worse looking. Was not good. Bye bye jar. So I had one master jar that i did G2G to a few quarts of spawn.

----------

1/13/14 7:28pmWestern
Just checked on my tub, about 80-100% Gonna case it in the next day or two :laugh:

---

**LAST UPDATED HERE**
1/17/14 3:33pmWestern
Just dropped the casing on this bad boy. I hope it wasn't too early.
Dropped casing with 50% peat moss 50% vermiculite, 10% gypsum,  1teaspoon lime to 1 cup peat.
12 cups peat, 12 cups verm, 12 teaspoons lime, handful gypsum:D

---

----------
**CONSTANTLY CHANGED UNDER THIS LINE**
1/7/14 4:02pmWestern
So yeah i got yeast infection. Oh whale, Thats why i knock up more than one master jar. Just like with cannabis, even when you try to use feminizing teks, you can still sometimes get males. oh whale. Just a few more days it seems and it will be ready at 100%. One thing i did notice that i expermented with, I've read that you should use 7quarts of spawn in monotubs. But ive also read its not neccesary and or you dont have to and can do with less. If you truly think about it, the mycelium is just slowly growing stronger, as long as there is atleast a quart or two you should be able to colonize in coir/verm. Itll just take longer. My side by side tubs A+/Ecuador are both colonizing fine, yet the A+ has more rye quarts than the ecuador, where as ecuador is at 45% A+ is at 60%+

---

1/17/14 3:33pmWestern
So i hope i didn't drop the casing in on it too early but i think itll be find due to it being very colonized, the myce looked a little cottony but at the same time i was told that it should look a little cottony in the beginning stages of myce growth on coir. I did a 1/4inch layer just a light little layer over it to give it a little boost hopefully :laugh: Using a new casing mixture and recipe so we'll see how it all works out :smile: One thing i do want to mention is there was water droplets chilling on the rye berries like they came outta no where? And i thought it was from the condensation off the lid, dripping water or something but last time i wiped all the water off the lid with a sterile cloth then set it back into consolidation. But i tilted the tub and let the water run down so its all gucci. And i made the casing layer a taaad bit dryer to my likings so that i can suck up some of that moisture. I plan to mist the shit out of the casing layer sometime when i read up a little more tonight on casings. I want to try the wax paper tek to see what i can come out with :laugh:

Edited by NecroMyce (01/17/14 04:44 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Loc: Van Isle Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Ecuador 1/3/14 (log) [Re: NecroMyce]
    #19383794 - 01/07/14 05:12 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
:thumbup:
I'm an AA+ecuador fan.

:popcorn:

--------------------

It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn

I'm tired do me a favor

Offlinetwistedty
Forcefully Retired
Male User Gallery

Loc: Middle
    #19383796 - 01/07/14 05:12 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

nice posts!

id shake those bitches fo sho

InvisibleNecroMyce
Mostly Ghostly
I'm a teapot

Re: Ecuador 1/3/14 (log) [Re: twistedty]
    #19383822 - 01/07/14 05:16 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

twistedty said:
nice posts!

id shake those bitches fo sho

those are outdated pictures. The only ones i have, they are in consolidation right now inside the monotub with the holes all taped up away from light. In a few days they should be ready for a casing layer or to be fruited. I think im gonna attempt a peat casing layer for these guys. I'd post pictures of the colonization right now but i dont want to get too much light in there. plus i light keeping things they way it is.

OfflineBigbadwooof
Trumps Bone Spurs
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #19383859 - 01/07/14 05:22 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Looking forward to the pics! :smile:

I just started some Ecuadors myself!

--------------------
"It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society," - Jiddu Krishnamurti
FARTS
"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." - George Orwell
Every one of you should see this video.
"Facts are chiels that winna ding, and downa be disputed" - Robert Burns

InvisibleNecroMyce
Mostly Ghostly
I'm a teapot

Re: Ecuador 1/3/14 (log) [Re: Bigbadwooof]
    #19383864 - 01/07/14 05:23 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Bigbadwooof said:
Looking forward to the pics! :smile:

I just started some Ecuadors myself!

post some of your pictures of your fruits here, please?!

OfflineBigbadwooof
Trumps Bone Spurs
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #19383978 - 01/07/14 05:41 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Sure, if it all goes well, my last batch contamed fucking TERRIBLE... I had every color in the rainbow of ooze... I did things much differently this time though :smile:

--------------------
"It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society," - Jiddu Krishnamurti
FARTS
"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." - George Orwell
Every one of you should see this video.
"Facts are chiels that winna ding, and downa be disputed" - Robert Burns

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals