Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLupuz
It's 4:20Somewhere

Loc: Somewhere
Dry substrate, any advice welcomed
    #1928870 - 09/18/03 12:12 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I was sterilizing my pf jars the other night and fell asleep. I was supposed to shut off the stove at around one and when I woke up at 4 all of the water had evaporated out of the pc. I went ahead and inoculated but I knew I was probably going to have to add water sooner or later. Last night (2 nights after inoculating) I was going to add the water but when I got the jars out I noticed the mycelium was starting to form. After reading the posts regarding dry substrate I decided to wait until the mycelium stops spreading. Am I doing the right thing by waiting or should I bite the bullet and rehydrate them now? Thanks for any light you can shed on this for me.

--------------------
Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one - Thomas Jefferson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebuu
katabatic

Loc: Denver
Re: Dry substrate, any advice welcomed [Re: Lupuz]
    #1929014 - 09/18/03 01:02 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

boy you fucked up

OfflineLupuz

Re: Dry substrate, any advice welcomed [Re: buu]
    #1929105 - 09/18/03 01:29 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Wow, that was helpful.

--------------------
Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one - Thomas Jefferson

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
    #1929311 - 09/18/03 02:15 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

As long as the jars are growing do not mess with them. If in the future they stall you can inject a cc or two of sterile water. The key word here is sterile. Good luck.

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

Offlinecasper702
Ghost

Loc: Learning to fly
Re: Dry substrate, any advice welcomed [Re: dog]
    #1929370 - 09/18/03 02:37 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

INteresting please keep us updated,maybe even a grow log huh

OfflineLupuz

Re: Dry substrate, any advice welcomed [Re: casper702]
    #1929490 - 09/18/03 03:13 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for the advice dog. Also, the next day I sterylized 3 more jars for about an hour and a half, and inoculated them that night. I'm really interested to see how they compare to the dried ones. I feel fairly confident that I'm going to have to add water to the dry cakes but I want to wait until growth has stalled. Whats the best way to sterylize the water before I do this?

--------------------

InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Loc: US, Chicago
    #1929511 - 09/18/03 03:18 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

You didn't screw up at all. The good thing is those jars are most likely sterile. The mycelium is growing using the water that the spores were floating around in. You will soon need to inject some sterile water in. This should be done when you notice things slowing down. And don't over do it.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
    #1929961 - 09/18/03 05:19 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Whats the best way to sterylize the water before I do this?

Start with a sterile syringe if you can. Boil some tap water on the stove for ten minutes and then suck some of the boiling water into the syringe. Cap it and let it cool. You're good to go.  :laugh:

If you are unable to pre-sterilize your syringe then suck the boiling water into the syringe, wait 3 minutes and then squirt the water out into the sink. Repeat this twice more then suck up some boiling water one last time, cap it and let it cool.     

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

OfflineLupuz

Re: Dry substrate, any advice welcomed [Re: dog]
    #1930396 - 09/18/03 08:13 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Dog, you've been so much help. I've been comparing the jars and the ones I dried out have real white mycelum growing but only where I injected while the other jars aren't as white but have mycelum spreading all over. I think I'll sterylize a syringe tonight and add water in the morning. You think one or two ccs will be enough water?

Thanks again for all your help.

--------------------

InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Loc: US, Chicago
    #1930429 - 09/18/03 08:25 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I assume that you are using 1/2 pint jars. I don't think 1 or 2 ccs will be enough, 4 or 5 sounds more reasonable. Also squirt the water all over the surface not just in one spot.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

OfflineLupuz

Re: Dry substrate, any advice welcomed [Re: SixCee]
    #1933669 - 09/19/03 08:27 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Cool, thanks SixCee.

--------------------

OfflineLupuz

#1947132 - 09/24/03 06:37 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

If anyone's still reading this...

I added water to the jars about three days give or take and the dried jars are colonizing as fast as the others (if not faster). The only problem I've encountered is the two creeper jars both became contaminated. I've separated them from the others but I'm not sure what to do with them from here.

--------------------

Offlinepointdexter
Stranger
    #1947137 - 09/24/03 06:43 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

i'd just throw out contaminated jars and make new ones.

OfflineLupuz

Re: Dry substrate, any advice welcomed [Re: pointdexter]
    #1949084 - 09/24/03 06:27 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Just throw them in the garbage? Did you know cops can go through your trash without a warrent? Guess I'm a little paranoid.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck