Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offliner05c03
The Slug Scourge
Loc: Indiana, US
Agaricus subrufescens
    #1928280 - 09/18/03 06:13 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

This week I found some almond mushrooms or Agaricus subrufescens. Interesting enough I read in my favrotie ID book, Mushroom Demystified (Arora, 1986) that this species is relatively easy to cultivate in the yard and that when the mushroom industry was young was grown along side with the common button mushroom. Of course, it lost out the button mushroom. This guy tasted really interesting, sweetish, like almond extract. It would be great in a cream of carrot soup. Hopefully I will be able to clone it.

--------------------
Listen! Do you smell something?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefalcon
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Agaricus subrufescens [Re: r05c03]
    #1933816 - 09/19/03 09:48 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

They are great. I found about 25 buttons today. They came back in the same spot as I found them last year in the duff under white pine. I'm thinking about going back and scooping out some of the dirt and mycelium and mixing it with compost.

I started some on agar last year with spores and they grew very slowly. Transfered them to grain but didn't get them to fruit, they contaminated. I may try cloning them. Should the agar be buffered with calcium carbonate and gypsum the way grain is when you are growing Agaricus species?

--------------------
Keep growing.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals