Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineTheMovement
faeirie princess in training
I'm a teapot

Loc: Under your bed.
Roommate had a psychotic breakdown last night..
    #19135292 - 11/14/13 09:19 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

He came home from the library while im watching a movie with this girl, walks in and starts talking to us wayy louder than necessary " HOWS THE MOVIE THEMOVEMENT? HUH YOU LIKE IT?  YOU HADA GOOD DAY HUH?"

the girl basically told him to stfu and he said "Oh you're watching the movie?  You're watching the movie themovement?"  I told him I was and he replied " OH REALLY? doesnt fucking seem like youre watching the movie" then he sat down and started breathing really heavy, the girl told him to breathe normally, he said he cant and went upstairs.

When he came downstairs he sat down and resumed the breathing thing.  He walked into the kitchen and yelled " I wish you'd just stop fucking with me themovement"  I asked him what he was talking about and he started talking very loud but not yelling

" You know what im fucking talking about themovement, dont act like you dont.. stop playing these fucking games with me.  You've been driving me crazy fucking with my head, all day i couldnt concentrate because you wouldnt let me.  I got a fucking 38 on my test...Just get out of my mind stop acting like you dont know what im talking about"

He kept going on and on like that for a little bit, being very hostile towards me, positive that I was in his mind controlling him.  I went to the basement with my other roommate to give him space, he came down a few minutes later and the convo went something like this:

"THEMOVEMENT just let me go dude.  Just let me go already its not a fucking game dude its my life.  Stop treating it like a game " 

After Telling him several times idk what hes talking about, hes working himself up even more " Fine dude im letting you go, bam i let you go dude now go back upstairs"

He replied " SO YOU DO KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT?  RIGHT THERE YOU ADMITTED IT!  Im just gonna wait here until I Feel like myself again ok themovement?  Because I dont feeel Like myself yet.  I dont think you let me go yet, just do it man"

At that point im thinkin its time to GTFO there before he stabs me.  Get the girl and tell her we are leaving.  As we are leaving hes still freaking out about me letting him go, he also said something like " This isnt me, i only sound like this when Themovements in my head.."

Im not sure what the point of this thread is, just needed to get it out.. I have to finish the semester with this kid..  Gonna be doing a lot of couch surfing most likely .

:feelsbadman:

--------------------
Utwiddle.net

In order to act like a king, one need only treat everyone else like one.

BUMP THIS THREAD EVERYTIME YOU SEE IT

Join the Anarchy Camp!  Down with Oppression!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: Roommate had a psychotic breakdown last night.. [Re: TheMovement]
    #19135307 - 11/14/13 09:22 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

That sounds rough. Does he have any family close-by that you can contact? Maybe they can convince him to get the help he needs....

Offlinehidenseek1
Its got all the dinks.
Loc: poop
Re: Roommate had a psychotic breakdown last night.. [Re: TheMovement] * 4
    #19135319 - 11/14/13 09:24 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

After Telling him several times idk what hes talking about, hes working himself up even more " Fine dude im letting you go, bam i let you go dude now go back upstairs"

He replied " SO YOU DO KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT?  RIGHT THERE YOU ADMITTED IT!  Im just gonna wait here until I Feel like myself again ok themovement?  Because I dont feeel Like myself yet.  I dont think you let me go yet, just do it man"

you dont play along with crazy people , even if your being sarcastic

i did that once and someone believed i was frank iero from my chemical romance for like a whole year

definitely sounds schizophrenic

edit, i left out dont derp

--------------------
You can drink at 7 A.M., because the Beastie Boys fought for that right
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
pons asinorum
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
lsd and the vietnam war changed music forever

Edited by hidenseek1 (11/14/13 09:26 AM)

OfflineHeroMike
Curious Conceptionist
 User Gallery

Loc: United Divided
Re: Roommate had a psychotic breakdown last night.. [Re: Le_Canard] * 2
    #19135326 - 11/14/13 09:26 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Stab him first .

/Thread.

Offlinerobbyberto
Water Boy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Netherlands Flag
Re: Roommate had a psychotic breakdown last night.. [Re: Le_Canard]
    #19135330 - 11/14/13 09:26 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Are you sure it wasn't just an amphetamine induced psychosis? That shit can be crazy and then the next day you realize it was just the drugs.

--------------------
“People say having kids is life changing, well that doesn’t necessarily mean a good thing, does it? I could take one of my legs off. That would change my life.” -Karl Pilkington

OfflineTheMovement
I'm a teapot

Re: Roommate had a psychotic breakdown last night.. [Re: Le_Canard]
    #19135340 - 11/14/13 09:30 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

ToiletDuk said:
That sounds rough. Does he have any family close-by that you can contact? Maybe they can convince him to get the help he needs....

I called his parents and they came down and talked to him, he calmed down by that time and they just left after having a chat with him, apparently they suggested the idea of him talking to someone once the semester ends.  His father believes hes BiPolar but I think its something more than that.

It wasnt amphetamine psychosis, he used to use adderal a lot to study but the only drugs he has done in the past few months is caffeine nicotine and alcohol.

--------------------
Utwiddle.net

Offlinemindgnome
Wanderer

Loc: Somewhere
Re: Roommate had a psychotic breakdown last night.. [Re: hidenseek1]
    #19135349 - 11/14/13 09:31 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Had he taken anything like mushrooms. It sounds like he was loopy. It sounds like he might be schizophrenic or something if he hadn't taken a psychedelic.

Edit: He might need to get on some meds if it persists. That sounds like he is schizophrenic. It also could be something that was triggered by drugs. If he had taken a psychedelic and had a really bad trip that could have brought on a latent psychological disorder. There is someone I know who did acid too much and this happened to him. Even if he hasn't taken it in a while if you are prone to that sort of mental condition it can get worse as the months go by. He probably needs some help. I feel bad for him.

--------------------
"As I walk on through troubled times my spirit gets so downhearted sometimes so where are the strong and who are the trusted? And where is the harmony? Sweet harmony. Cause each time I feel it slippin' away, just makes me wanna cry. What's so funny 'bout peace love & understanding?" - Nick Lowe

"Psychedelic drugs don't change you - they don't change your character - unless you want to be changed. They enable change; they can't impose it...” - Sasha Shulgin

Edited by mindgnome (11/14/13 09:38 AM)

OfflinePureless
Crushed it

Loc: Blueridge
Re: Roommate had a psychotic breakdown last night.. [Re: mindgnome]
    #19135376 - 11/14/13 09:38 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

That seems like something much more than bi-polar. Although I guess there are varying degrees of it.

He sounds schizophrenic

OfflineJordank
Dr Feelgood
Male

#19135393 - 11/14/13 09:40 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

I hope you're bigger than him.

CHOKE EM OUT if he gets smart with you

Offlinemindgnome
Wanderer

Re: Roommate had a psychotic breakdown last night.. [Re: Jordank] * 1
    #19135401 - 11/14/13 09:43 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

No way dude. You don't want to hurt him because it will only make him feel worse about himself. It sounds like he needs help. I'm not trying to be nurse ratched here because I hardly ever say someone needs to get on medication.

--------------------
"As I walk on through troubled times my spirit gets so downhearted sometimes so where are the strong and who are the trusted? And where is the harmony? Sweet harmony. Cause each time I feel it slippin' away, just makes me wanna cry. What's so funny 'bout peace love & understanding?" - Nick Lowe

"Psychedelic drugs don't change you - they don't change your character - unless you want to be changed. They enable change; they can't impose it...” - Sasha Shulgin

OfflineHerbologist
Grrratata
I'm a teapot

Loc: Casa Bonita Flag
    #19135403 - 11/14/13 09:44 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Does he actually call you "TheMovement" or are you just putting that in place of your real name?

Id also lock my door at night

--------------------
Shroomery Law:  Don't piss off the leftist mods & their friends! :banhamster:

InvisibleshLong
Male User Gallery

Loc: 'sconsin Flag
Re: Roommate had a psychotic breakdown last night.. [Re: Pureless] * 1
    #19135405 - 11/14/13 09:44 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

I read the OP before I noticed his name here was The Movement.
I thought the being he created in his head was named The Movement. Tweaked me out for a bit....

Offlinemindgnome
Wanderer

Re: Roommate had a psychotic breakdown last night.. [Re: shLong]
    #19135409 - 11/14/13 09:45 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Was this girl you were with someone that he liked? Or was it someone he doesn't even know. It's hard to tell I thought he was calling you the movement because of his psychosis lol. Still the way you make it sound, it seems like he needs to talk with someone before he makes a decision. I am not sure if he is schizophrenic if he was using your name but if he truly thought you were in his head he might be.

--------------------

Edited by mindgnome (11/14/13 09:47 AM)

OfflineTheMovement
I'm a teapot

#19135411 - 11/14/13 09:46 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

I just put it in place of my real name.  I plan on locking my door at night, while avoiding interaction with him as much as possible.  What if next time he freaks out in the middle of the night while im sleeping..?

I'd never hurt him that would probably just make it worse.  He's my friend first and foremost
Quote:

mindgnome said:
Was this girl you were with someone that he liked? Or was it someone he doesn't even know.

Nah not someone he liked, its this chick we chill with all the time shes kind of like one of the dudes.

--------------------
Utwiddle.net

OfflineNotTheDevil
Transhuman

Loc: US Flag
Re: Roommate had a psychotic breakdown last night.. [Re: Pureless]
    #19135419 - 11/14/13 09:48 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Pureless said:
That seems like something much more than bi-polar. Although I guess there are varying degrees of it.

He sounds schizophrenic

Isn't bipolar manic-depressive? This is definitely not that.

Offlinemindgnome
Wanderer

#19135422 - 11/14/13 09:48 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Well how did he act? Was he just angry or was it like scary crazy?

--------------------

OfflineTheMovement
I'm a teapot

#19135428 - 11/14/13 09:50 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Like a combination of scared and mad... He just wanted me out of his head but his body language and tone of voice were very aggressive.

--------------------
Utwiddle.net

OfflinePureless
Crushed it

Loc: Blueridge
Re: Roommate had a psychotic breakdown last night.. [Re: NotTheDevil]
    #19135432 - 11/14/13 09:51 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

NotTheDevil said:
Quote:

Pureless said:

He sounds schizophrenic

Yeah I was saying I doubt it's that, I know lots of people that are bi-polar and they are just so up and down its pretty sad to watch. Never aggressive.

Offlinemindgnome
Wanderer

#19135434 - 11/14/13 09:52 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah dude, it definitely sounds like he wasn't all there. Had he taken psychedelics with you in the past?

--------------------

OfflineNotTheDevil
Transhuman

Loc: US Flag
Re: Roommate had a psychotic breakdown last night.. [Re: Pureless]
    #19135456 - 11/14/13 09:56 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Pureless said:
Quote:

NotTheDevil said:
Quote:

Pureless said:

He sounds schizophrenic

Yeah I was saying I doubt it's that, I know lots of people that are bi-polar and they are just so up and down its pretty sad to watch. Never aggressive.

Schizophrenia seems to fit best from my brief research, op how old is the friend?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale