Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCrisis
Stranger
Question about the dry layer of verm
    #1913423 - 09/13/03 05:46 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I'm starting my second batch now since the first batch didn't go so well, nad I had a question about the dry layer of verm.

It's purpose is supposed to me to keep out contams, but won't it also keep the spores out when you innoculate it?

Shoudl you be trying to push the syringe needle down through the layer of verm, or just drip on top hoping they make their way down? Thankd!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Uncanny Valley
Re: Question about the dry layer of verm [Re: Crisis]
    #1913433 - 09/13/03 05:53 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I don't know if you read the tek carefully, but you are supposed to stick the needle through the dry verm and into the wet verm/brf. Stick the needle as far in as you can get it and put the tip up against the inside of the glass. That is where you want to inject. No wonder your first batch didnt work.

--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

Offlinejba6511
addict
Re: Question about the dry layer of verm [Re: Crisis]
    #1913434 - 09/13/03 05:53 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

you innoculated by sticking the needle past the verm and then releasing the spores down the side of the glass

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
Re: Question about the dry layer of verm [Re: jba6511]
    #1913629 - 09/13/03 07:11 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

go back and read the tek properly.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

Invisiblefungusflip
visionary

Loc: texas
Re: Question about the dry layer of verm [Re: jba6511]
    #1913775 - 09/13/03 07:43 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

jba6511 said:
you innoculated by sticking the needle past the verm and then releasing the spores down the side of the glass 

i'm gonna help you out since it appears you're having trouble. the best way thati have found to make a pf jar is this. fill the jar up leaving 1/2 in not filled. wipe the lip of the jar with alcohol. take a square piece of aluminum foil and create a small resivoir in the 1/2  in. space left in the jar and fill that with dry verm. now put the lid on and then put some foil over the lid. cook the jars and let 'em cool. now when you innoculate put the needle through the verm. layer and the foil into the substrate up next to the glass and inject your spores. the vermiculite layer serves as a filter for keeping out contamination the foil aids in that action. the only way your cake can get contaminated is if you carry the conamination in on the tip of your needle during innoculation. any questions? :tongue: :thumbup: 

--------------------
let it be know, there is a fountain that was not made by the hands of men.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags