Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePhilip
Stranger
Can Reishi increase your mood?
    #1906500 - 09/11/03 04:30 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Hello All,

I am new to this group and was wondering if Reishi mushrooms can be of use in increasing your mood / wellbeing? Can it be useful in treating depression?

Must say, I have never tried any mushrooms other than the ones you have with bacon, eggs and sausage, but have read annecdotal reports on the net saying that reishi does improve your mood.

Has anyone taken reishi for this purpose or found benefit from these mushrooms?

Many thanks

Philip (UK)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMycena
mycoexplorer
Loc: indonesia
Re: Can Reishi increase your mood? [Re: Philip]
    #1909158 - 09/12/03 10:20 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Dont know bout reishi yet but shiitake always makes me feel so much better when i eat it.

InvisibleHongosmeester
old sourdough
Male User Gallery
Loc: East Bay (EAST BAY GREASE...
Re: Can Reishi increase your mood? [Re: Mycena]
    #1909706 - 09/12/03 01:16 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

reishi makes me want to do more work than normal but then I'm normally lazy

--------------------
Don't fuck with me
I'm a postal worker;-)
A zen master once said to me
don't do anything I tell you to do
so i did

<p><a href="http://www.whump.com/dropbox/other/ujname.html">Get yours</a>.</p>

<p>My <a href="http://tinyurl.com/6valr">Unitarian Jihad Name</a> is: <strong>Brother Neutron Bomb of Compassion</strong>.</p>
<p><a href="http://www.whump.com/dropbox/other/ujname.html">Get yours</a>.</p>

Offlinebillbraski
just some dood.

Loc: the woods behind your hou...
    #1911190 - 09/12/03 09:58 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Reishi seems to be very remarkable for speeding up hormone rejuvination, and it is very powerful when infused in green tea.
I would definetly answer yes to your question from experience in taking it this way.

Invisiblefelonious
Stranger

Re: Can Reishi increase your mood? [Re: billbraski]
    #1942910 - 09/22/03 10:55 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

what does this mean:
"speeding up hormone rejuvination"

?

Invisiblewinelover
crimson jedi
 User Gallery
Re: Can Reishi increase your mood? [Re: felonious]
    #1943007 - 09/22/03 11:37 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

yes we my family and I just , drank a tea made from an infusion with a thirty gm dried specimen,tranquility pure thought processes. I think if you had that to yourself it could be very tranquil.

Offlinefalcon
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #1949646 - 09/24/03 09:04 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I agre wtih winelover.

Last year I would of have said no. A couple of days ago I made a quart of rieshi tea and drank a pint. Nothing. I refrigerated the other pint with the chunks still in and drank it about 24 hours later. Tranquility.

Whatever is in it that causes this take a while to come out of the chunks, I may start powdering it.

--------------------
Keep growing.

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
    #1950440 - 09/25/03 05:05 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

what does this mean:

May I suggest you buy a dictionary

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

Offliner05c03
The Slug Scourge
Loc: Indiana, US
Re: Can Reishi increase your mood? [Re: st0nedphucker]
    #1950463 - 09/25/03 05:43 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I just finished making a double extracted Reishi tincutre, and I have only taken it once, thus far. I was really tired and need to keep going, so I took some after reading what Hongo said about it keeping him going. I did not see any effects from the tincture, at least this time. However reishi has a really long history and wide range of uses. I need to go to the woods and find some more and do the tea thing, I think.

--------------------
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offlinebillbraski
just some dood.

Loc: the woods behind your hou...
    #1950679 - 09/25/03 09:15 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

felonious said:
what does this mean:

?

heh, it just means stimulation of hormone production.
but that's just my theory. Ever since i have been taking reishi infused in green tea i have been wanting to have sex more.

OfflinePhilip
Stranger
    #1951463 - 09/25/03 03:03 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for the replies folks.

I got my `annecdotal evidence' from an article on Google Groups.
It was written by Robert Bidleman, and this is part of the article:

Reishi and Ginseng also share the adaptogenic effect
and protect against biological, emotional and
environmental stresses. Reishi contains 112 known
triterpenes which may be the cause of it's
anti-hypertensive action. These triterpenes inhibit ACE,
an enzyme (angiotensin converting enzyme) which
many drugs attempt to control (with side effects). Reishi
alleviates allergies, oxygenates the blood, relieves pain,
reverses liver disease and is one of the most potent
natural mood elevators known to man.

I just wanted to get more insight from others
If anyone knows where I may buy these in the UK i would be very interested.

Cheers

Philip (UK)

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#1957274 - 09/27/03 01:39 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I really want to try reishi mushrooms, but I never know what form to buy it in. I noticed GNC has reishi capsules, but it seems like a lot of supplement companies don't know how to get the best effects from them. Can anyone recommend what brand or where to get them?

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Offlinejarhead
stranger on astrange planet

Re: Can Reishi increase your mood? [Re: Twirling]
    #1957338 - 09/27/03 02:03 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

from what i've been reading yesterday at different sites on reishi extraction , the double extraction is the best way , it is the only way that triterpenes and polysacharrides are extracted maximally , it takes time to get these active substances out of the hard reishi , i've read that even the spores are hard as hell , that might be the reason that it is sold pulverised , so i think just eating the spores wouldn't do much good as they would pass through the body without giving off much active substances
quote :
In terms of manufacturing effective nutriceuticals from medicinal mushrooms, Traditional Chinese Medicine is instructive. In tradi-tional medicine, mushrooms are always prepared with heat and water, as a tea or decoction.Medicinal mushrooms are never used in an un-extracted form (as dried mushroom powder or dried mycelium powder), and almost never prepared as a tincture(soaked in an alcohol-based solution in the absence of heat).Scientists have also recognized the critical role of a heated solution in extracting the active com-pounds from medicinal mushrooms. Every significant study onthe use of medicinal mushroomsfor immune health has been conducted with a hot water or hotwater/alcohol extract. Every form of extraction, including precipitation with alcohol, requires a heated liquid solution to release the polysaccharides from the chitinouscell walls of the mushroom and mushroom mycelium.This is true for all medicinal mushrooms including Reishi,Coriolus versicolor , Maitake,Shiitake, and Agaricus blazei. All of the well known mushroom-based products are extracted with a heated solution including D-Fraction from Maitake, PSK andPSP from Coriolus versicolor, and Lentinan and LEM from Shiitake.However, there are reasons for these manufacturing requirements that go beyond the issue of the chitin-based cell walls . The bio-active compounds in medicinal mushrooms, as compared to the food components, exist in very low concentrations. For therapeutic purposes, eating enough non-extracted mushroom material to obtain sufficient levels of the active compounds is impractical and in some cases impossible. Also, many medicinal mushrooms such as Reishi and Coriolus, because of their tough woody texture, can only be used for medicinal purposes after extraction with hot water or hot water and alcohol.It is important to note that polysaccharides are an internal structural component of the chitin that forms the cell walls. Even when dried medicinal mushrooms or mushroom mycelium are ground to a powder, significant portions of the polysaccharides are still indigestible. Combine this problem with the additional fact that the raw materials contain very low concentrations of active compounds and the need for proper extraction for therapeutic use is clear

InvisibleEffedS
 User Gallery

Loc: Daylight Slavings
Re: Can Reishi increase your mood? [Re: jarhead]
    #1958671 - 09/28/03 12:12 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Great post, that will be very helpful.

Offliner05c03
The Slug Scourge
Loc: Indiana, US
Re: Can Reishi increase your mood? [Re: Effed]
    #1959881 - 09/28/03 02:31 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah the double extraction that I used goes like this. Dilute strong alchol (190 proof) to about 50-60% and soak shredded mushroom into it for a week in the dark, shaking every day and making sure that the alcohol completely covers the fungal material. After a week strain and squeeze out all that you can. Then place it in a pot with about 5x more water than the fungal material and simmer it down for several hours until the water is just over the fungal material. Add this liquid to the alcohol to make a final alchohol concentration of around 30%. This methods gives booth the alcohol and heat extraction.

--------------------
Listen! Do you smell something?

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Can Reishi increase your mood? [Re: r05c03]
    #1962941 - 09/29/03 02:17 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Wow, very interesting. It's amazing that nobody offers a product which is the final result of that process.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Offlinefalcon
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Can Reishi increase your mood? [Re: Twirling]
    #1963606 - 09/29/03 05:57 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I think I've seen something similar in health food stores.

--------------------
Keep growing.

OfflineMirth
`'{*;*}'`
 User Gallery

Re: Can Reishi increase your mood? [Re: falcon]
    #5721940 - 06/07/06 04:05 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

"It's amazing that nobody offers a product which is the final result of that process. " - Twirling .

Actually I have bought it and will say that it is AMAZING - the best reishi medicine ever, you can get it from http://www.purelingzhi.com/ I ordered the powder - makes very bitter tea that is so AWESOME . I now no longer consider myself able to suffer colds/flu - seriously - I just have reishi tea if I begin to feel ill. Although right now I am using cheaper Reishi from www.mountainroseherbs.com not as potent but still great .

--------------------
The ineffable is not always intangible !

Offlinecolimon
DingoDogBoy
Male

#5727786 - 06/08/06 06:11 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I called my mom and asked this question because she was offered shrooms in China. My mom said the lady said to mix it with tea and drink it to make her feel happy. I would say yes, my mom knows stuff about herbs and shrooms...  :thumbup:

--------------------
I believe with the advent of acid we discovered new way to think and it had to
do with piecing together new thoughts of mind. Why is it that people think it's
so evil? What is it about it that there is scares people so deeply? Because
they are afraid that there is more to reality than they have ever confronted.
That there are doors that they're afraid to go in and they don't want us to go
in there either because if we go in, there we might learn something that they
don't know. And that makes us a little out of their control.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale