Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Loc: Solar Circuit
Submit Content for a Psychedelic Magazine
    #18914533 - 10/01/13 03:45 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Hello Shroomery,

I am desigining and publishing a magazine as my semester project in graphic design. I've already briefed my instructor and had it approved. My magazine is about the psychedelic culture. :tripping:

The concept is simple actually. Due to the global war on drugs, people who have an interest in consciousness expansion via entheogenic and chemical means are restricted to commune behind closed doors and anonymously on the internet. The psychedelic culture has been driven underground by certain policies for many decades, and is in dire need of a renaissance.

I chose this topic for my magazine because a magazine is in a sense a portal to the public realm. When held in print, it becomes a substantial carrier of information which can be shared from hand to hand, read openly while riding the public transit, or wherever. The mission of my project is to help the psychedelic subculture we are part of to move one step closer out into the open, to challenge the existing stigmas and false paradigms, to inform, as well as entertain.

I already have some of my own content in mind, but would also like to include articles from various sources. Articles are typically 2-4 pages long. They can be self-written or sourced from anywhere on the web. The only criteria is that they must meet with these categories in some way.

Visionary Art, Mysticism, Shamanism, DMT, Drug Policy, Psychedelic Research, Transpersonal Psychology, LSD, Psychonautics, Sustainability, Nature, Psychedelic Music, Entheobotany, Mushrooms, Fractal Mathematics, Magick, Meditation, Counterculture, Trip Reports..

..you get the drift! :mushroom2:

If you know any interesting articles you think would fit into my magazine, please share your link here. I really appreciate anyone willing to write up an article. That would be awesome and I will cite the author properly.

Deadline for my project is by December, where I need to start getting it ready for print. However, I will also publish it digitally on Issuu so everyone can get access to it.

Many Thanks in advance. :heart:

Altered

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Re: Submit Content for a Psychedelic Magazine [Re: AlteredAgain]
    #18914928 - 10/01/13 07:41 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Content I have am considering so far:

NORML's statement on responsible use (+)
The War on Drugs is a War on Consciousness (+)
Timothy Leary's Eight Circuit Model (+)
An Introduction to the CoSM and Alex Grey's work
Floatation Tanks
John C Lilly Dolphin Studies (+)
Psychedelics and Religious Experience by Alan Watts (+)
Erowid (+)
Paul Laffoley's work

--------------------

InvisibleMiddlemanM

#18915792 - 10/01/13 11:46 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Great project, Alt. Leary's model is kind of outdated, consider something about Ken Wilber's AQAL map. Or maybe mention Wilber in furthur reading, Alex Grey is so well-known, maybe feature a lesser-known psych artist, there are so many.

I could write up a few psychedelic album reviews. Maybe a top ten or something. Lots of far out stuff in the past few years.

OfflineSpacerific
- - - >
Male

Re: Submit Content for a Psychedelic Magazine [Re: Middleman]
    #18916414 - 10/01/13 02:11 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Artists worth looking into would be (IMO)

Robert Venosa
Randal Roberts
Isaac Abrams

I should be able to come up with a dozen more if need be, but these are off the top of my head right now.

Other topics might be the rise of psy festivals like Burning Man, Boom and so on. Finally you might add a few bits about the Santo Daime becoming an accepted religion in the Netherlands, thus offering a few interesting options over in Europe and perhaps creating a precedent for future acceptance elsewhere.

Steve Jobs' use of LSD and this study might be too well known to mention. I mean they are widely known, right? :lol:

Oh hell, of course fuckin' of course you should mention the VIenna ACademy of Visionary Arts - since it's an organized effort and so on. Amanda Sage and a bunch of other artists are in on it, as faculty. Would go if I could afford it.

--------------------
Blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear.

For truly, I say to you, many prophets and righteous people longed to see what you see, and did not see it,
and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.
- Matthew 13:16

Offlinerev0kadavur
Forager
Female User Gallery

Loc: Richmond & Beyond - California Flag
Re: Submit Content for a Psychedelic Magazine [Re: Spacerific]
    #18924097 - 10/03/13 12:29 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

I have a person for this.... but hes not on here, and Ive been outta touch with him... he is an amazing artist.. one of the best I know personally... whether he would have any interest or not I have no idea... maybe you can inquire through his deviant art page.

--------------------
- Question # Everything -

Edited by automan (10/07/13 09:32 PM)

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Re: Submit Content for a Psychedelic Magazine [Re: rev0kadavur]
    #18943528 - 10/07/13 05:54 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for all the input so far :smile: That article about the LSD research study on creative professionals is a good one. That'll make a nice double page feature.

MM, you're right, Alex Grey, though a brilliant artist, is a faded novelty by now. Looked into those three artists mentioned. Not sure if that's exactly what I'm looking for. What do you think about Paul Laffoley? His paintings have so many levels to them, and he isn't that well known either I think, despite the scope of his work.

I tried contacting this guy you told me about. His psychedelic drawings are really fucking cool. Unfortunately he hasn't yet returned my message. If anyone wants to submit their psychedelic artwork, or knows somebody else, please let me know. If it's got that umpf I'm looking for, I'll feature you in it. I don't feel like self advertising my own artwork in my own magazine.

I'm putting a deadline on the 28th of October, when I'll stop considering ideas and submissions. By then I need to have all my content ready for production.

I'm open to a lot, plus it's an opportunity to get your name out there. So keep them coming. :thumbup:

Art, music, book reviews, philosophy rants, your own personal visions of the world, as long as it's decently well-written, I'd love to consider it.

Will write a brief update in the next couple of days.

--------------------

Edited by AlteredAgain (10/07/13 02:56 PM)

OfflineGoldenEye
Male User Gallery

Loc: Amsterdam
    #18943554 - 10/07/13 06:09 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Do we get to see a pdf copy when everything is finished? :smile:

Best of luck!

OfflineGoldenEye
Male User Gallery

Re: Submit Content for a Psychedelic Magazine [Re: GoldenEye] * 1
    #18943568 - 10/07/13 06:13 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

O, and how about Bryan Lewis Saunders?

He draws self portraits under the effect of different drugs.

http://bryanlewissaunders.org/drugs/

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Re: Submit Content for a Psychedelic Magazine [Re: GoldenEye]
    #18943653 - 10/07/13 07:12 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Yes! I'm going to publish it on Issuu. Thanks for the link! :heart:

--------------------

InvisibleTimmiTM
 User Gallery

Loc: Victoria Flag
    #18958164 - 10/10/13 07:07 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Anderson Debernardi is an awesome artist who does nice psychedelic paintings

--------------------
"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination" ~ John Lennon

InvisibleRomi
Indigo Child
 User Gallery

Loc: Sunshine
    #19012394 - 10/22/13 07:23 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

This is a great idea! Unfortunately I'm way too close to the deadline so I won't make it for this time but I'll be sure to keep an eye on it.
Started a research on sensory deprivation tanks, meditation and yoga for my blog and it would've been great to be able to send you some info.

So far I'm just having a blast meeting new people and interviewing them.

Good luck with the mag! :bunnypeace:

--------------------

OfflineGoldenEye
Male User Gallery

Re: Submit Content for a Psychedelic Magazine [Re: Romi]
    #19017742 - 10/23/13 06:32 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Can you share the URL of your blog with us?

InvisibleRomi
Indigo Child
 User Gallery

Loc: Sunshine
Re: Submit Content for a Psychedelic Magazine [Re: GoldenEye]
    #19024201 - 10/24/13 06:53 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

I sure will. I am in the process of changing platforms, but I will as soon as that is taken care of. :sun:

--------------------

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Re: Submit Content for a Psychedelic Magazine [Re: Romi]
    #19029715 - 10/25/13 06:16 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Romi, don't worry about the deadline. Send me whatever you got. I'm in Amsterdam right now anyway, so I won't be getting back to work until next week :smile: I'd really like to include an article detailing your expertise.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom