Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblecarbonhoots
old hand

Loc: BC Canada
Bush eases environmental regulations
    #1890162 - 09/07/03 01:21 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------
  -I'd rather have a frontal lobotomy than a bottle in front of me

CANADIAN CENTER FOR POLICY ALTERNATIVES

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: Bush eases environmental regulations [Re: carbonhoots]
    #1890692 - 09/07/03 10:48 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

in the past few weeks?

try since he took office.

one of his first moves was to loosen
logging restrictions in california old
growth forests, if I remember correctly.

here's a good list:

BUSH'S FIRST 100 DAYS: 50 ASSAULTS ON THE ENVIRONMENT

In his first 100 Days in office, President Bush and his administration led an unrelenting attack on our environmental protections for clean air, drinking water, sustainable energy, wildlands and wildlife. Here is a list of the top 50 actions they've taken that should concern all Americans. 1. Allowing a higher level of arsenic in drinking water ? 2. Drilling for oil in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge ? 3. Working to scuttle forest protection plan ? 4. Promoting oil and gas drilling in protected areas on public lands ? 5. Allowing dangerous levels of carbon dioxide emissions ? 6. Encouraging boundary adjustments to existing National Monuments ? 7. Pursuing resource extraction on National Monuments ? 8. Pulling out of Kyoto accord on Global Warming ? 9. Eliminating the effectiveness of citizen suits under the Endangered Species Act ? 10. Applying Global Gag Rule ? 11. Weakening sulfur standards ? 12. Pulling support for grizzly bear reintroduction in Idaho ? 13. Attacking appliance efficiency standards ? 14. Cutting funding for National Renewable Energy Laboratory in Golden ? 15. Choosing "Clean" Coal funding instead of investing in renewable energy sources ? 16. Reversing hard rock mining reclamation and bond regulations ? 17. Cutting Environmental Protection Agency budget by $500 million ? 18. Underfunding Department of the Interior ? 19. Funding studies for oil drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge ? 20. Playing a Shell Game with Land and Water Conservation Fund ? 21. Slashing Endangered Species Funding ? 22. Shortchanging the Land Conservation, Preservation and Infrastructure Improvement Program ? 23. Backpeddling on National Parks funding ? 24. Reducing money for assessing water quality ? 25. Subsidizing logging on public forests ? 26. Cutting Department of Agriculture's budget ? 27. Eliminating the Wetlands Reserve Program ? 28. Supporting recreation fees for public lands ? 29. Nominating Attorney General John Ashcroft ? 30. Focusing Energy Task Force on polluting sources of energy ? 31. Not allowing public input in Energy Task Force ? 32. Expanding Nuclear Energy ? 33. Rolling back hardrock mining water contamination standards ? 34. Demanding Fast-track trade authority ? 35. Attempting to undermine a ban on snowmobiles in National Parks ? 36. Reviewing off-road vehicle restrictions in Florida's Big Cypress National Preserve ? 37. Keeping communities in the dark about chemical accidents ? 38. Delaying rule to protect wetlands from mining and draining ? 39. Cutting EPA Enforcement Programs ? 40. Suspending rule for worker's health and safety ? 41. Allowing states to override federal protections ? 42. Abandoning rain forest conservation ? 43. Drastic cuts in acid rain and air toxics funds ?44. Filling important posts with anti-environmental industry representatives ? 45. Weakening Midwest gasoline clean-air standards ? 46. Suppressing data about dioxin in the food supply ? 47. Letting up on big industrial farm pollution ? 48. Entertaining requests to allow untreated drinking water in Florida ? 49. Pushing for oil drilling off Florida Coast ? 50. Eliminating Farmland Protection programs

http://www.house.gov/degette/news/releases/010429.html

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Offlinelysergic
Mycophile!
Re: Bush eases environmental regulations [Re: afoaf]
    #1892529 - 09/07/03 11:12 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I just read the first, lets see, two of those things hes done that are so bad. Maybe we could mix a wee bit o' fact in there. ANWR was struck down. We are NOT drilling in ANWR. I'm not even reading the rest of them. Maybe the reason the air quality is so low is because your head is ..... :-) have a good one

--------------------
In response to an attack killing 15 American Servicemen
PsiloKitten said:
Just give em a little more time, the iraqis are making great progress. And this is unorganized. Wait till they get organized.

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
Re: Bush eases environmental regulations [Re: lysergic]
    #1893052 - 09/08/03 03:27 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I firmly disgaree with most of Bush's pilicies on the enviroment but some of those "facts" are included simply for padding reasons just look at the first one.

Quote:

1. Allowing a higher level of arsenic in drinking water

LOL, my god your president's trying to poison you and the enviroment. The actual amount allowed has actually fallen from 50 ppb (thats 50 parts per billion ) to 10 ppb. The EPA monitors this in mg/l and the maximum level allowed is 0.01 mg/l.

Quote:

5. Allowing dangerous levels of carbon dioxide emissions

Dangerous to who? The public (I can see the evidence of mass CO2 poisoning cases already)....

Quote:

14. Cutting funding for National Renewable Energy Laboratory in Golden ?
17. Cutting Environmental Protection Agency budget by $500 million

He's cut about every other budget aswell.

Im not defending his policies, especially the pulling out fo the Kyoto treaty, i'm merely pointing out some of the irrelevant facts that are included.....

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
Re: Bush eases environmental regulations [Re: st0nedphucker]
    #1893168 - 09/08/03 04:46 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I agree,the Bush administration has a horrible environmental track record,but some of these cited aren't really that big a deal.

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

OfflineWhiteBunny
How deep doesthe rabbit hole go?
 User Gallery

Loc: Earth
Re: Bush eases environmental regulations [Re: monoamine]
    #5282342 - 02/09/06 03:57 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

whata surprise this is coming from a Democratic congress women trying to get a head in the game.

WB

--------------------

Offlinebeatnicknick
The Innovator
Male User Gallery

Re: Bush eases environmental regulations [Re: WhiteBunny]
    #5282945 - 02/09/06 06:48 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

whata surprise this is coming from a Democratic congress women trying to get a head in the game.
-The fact is that he did do all this. Obviously the messanger would be a political enemy, but the fact is that you can research and find evidence of all of this. All of these are true (although a few are stupid but I guess that added those to reach 50- a stupid move, as it takes away from the seriousness of the rest)

But good try defending Bush, you almost had us all convinced.

--------------------
I don't think for myself. I think as though I'm explaining my thoughts to someone else. I'm concerned only for those listening.

OfflineWhiteBunny
How deep doesthe rabbit hole go?
 User Gallery

Loc: Earth
Re: Bush eases environmental regulations [Re: beatnicknick]
    #5283067 - 02/09/06 07:20 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

2. I think should be done I would do the same
as 4. should too.
6. Is pointless
7.Pointless
10.Still debated if Global Warmer is true
15. Coal is cheap and if enough $is invested then the environmental affect would be minimum.
17. Of coarse he would there was a as left as they get liberal. Gotta cut the fat.
18.Purely speculative...according to whom
19. To affect the environment as little as possible
20.What is exactly a shell game?
22.According to whom? The extreme left?
23.It's called changing the funding set by another President back peddling would mean he first funded and then cut back.
28.How is that against the environment
29.Speculative and matter of opinion
41.He doesn't set state standards against the environment
42.We don't have or own rainforest's.
32. Pretty clean if the waste is disposed of correctly.
48.What does entertaining me really?
49.Has been done for MANY year anyway. If you drive a car it can be argued so do you.

This list of 50 is not really fact is more opinion than anything.

WB

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies