Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
First Cases of Flesh-Eating Drug Reported in AZ
    #18895017 - 09/26/13 05:18 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

WSMV.com

Posted: Sep 24, 2013 10:31 PM CST
Updated: Sep 24, 2013 11:01 PM CST

By Greg Argos

PHOENIX (CBS5) - Banner's Poison Control Center says the two first cases of people using a drug that can rot flesh have been reported in Arizona.

"We've had two cases this past week that have occurred in Arizona," said Dr. Frank LoVecchio, the co-medical director at Banner's Poison Control Center.

"As far as I know, these are the first cases in the United States that are reported. So we're extremely frightened," he continued.

The drug is known as Krokodil, and it's extremely popular in Russia. Users mix codeine with hydrocarbons, like gasoline, oil or alcohol. The mixture is then filtered and boiled before being injected into the vein. LoVecchio says users end up injecting fuel into their bodies.

"They extract [the drug] and even though they believe that most of the oil and gasoline is gone, there is still remnants of it. You can imagine just injecting a little bit of it into your veins can cause a lot of damage," he said.

In fact, what ends up happening is the flesh can rot from the inside out. Some users even develop sores that resemble alligator skin, hence the name of the drug.

"When [drug users] do it repeatedly, the skin sloughs. It causes hardening of their skin. It will cause necrosis," explained LoVecchio.

LoVecchio believes the two cases reported in Arizona are linked, but he couldn't elaborate on the patients' conditions. He says he hopes the trend does not continue to spread.

"Where there is smoke there is fire, and we're afraid there are going to be more and more cases," he said.

Copyright 2013 CBS 5 (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedokunai
Cactus, Cannabis, Cubensis

Loc: Hyphal Heights, USA
Re: First Cases of Flesh-Eating Drug Reported in AZ [Re: Le_Canard]
    #18895038 - 09/26/13 05:28 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

But whatever we do, let's not legalize opiates.  Things work out better when people take a poorly prepared concoction from an unregulated underground lab, suffer major tissue damage, then inevitably wind up incarcerated for an insane and arbitrary number of years as dictated by drug war zealotry.  Yeah, that's the best solution.

InvisibleNot Responding
Busted Liar...
Male

#18895039 - 09/26/13 05:29 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

:rofl:

the things kids are doing to get high...

fuck, another good thing about growing up in the 90s. real lsd, real mdma, real mushrooms... real drugs. holy shit.

--------------------

Dear Kratom,

I've been numb for so long that I forgot how to feel
So I don't care if it will break my heart,
Just fuck me till I disappear

Offlinemylfgur
Untitled
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ohio Flag
Re: First Cases of Flesh-Eating Drug Reported in AZ [Re: dokunai]
    #18895087 - 09/26/13 05:42 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

dokunai said:
But whatever we do, let's not legalize opiates.  Things work out better when people take a poorly prepared concoction from an unregulated underground lab, suffer major tissue damage, then inevitably wind up incarcerated for an insane and arbitrary number of years as dictated by drug war zealotry.  Yeah, that's the best solution.

Well, you see, "Krokodil" is normally made using a "legal" opiate. In Russia where the drug has seen the most popularity, it's made using an over-the-counter cough medicine with codeine in it, which is them converted to desomorphine which is the active chemical in "Krokodil".

I don't see this one catching on in the US in the foreseeable future because codeine cannot be purchased over-the-counter. Therefore, in order to make this drug in the US you would either have to be prescribed codeine or buy it on the black market, at which point any sensible user would be buying heroin instead.

The reason why desomorphine in the very unpure form of "Krocodil" is so popular in Russia is because they in some places have a very draconian crackdown on heroin and it's near unavailable, and you can just walk to the pharmacy and buy the codeine and convert it.

--------------------

InvisibleNot Responding
Busted Liar...
Male

Re: First Cases of Flesh-Eating Drug Reported in AZ [Re: mylfgur]
    #18895091 - 09/26/13 05:43 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

sounds like i need to set up shop in russia.

--------------------

Dear Kratom,

I've been numb for so long that I forgot how to feel
So I don't care if it will break my heart,
Just fuck me till I disappear

InvisibleSmushroom
Avid Learner

Re: First Cases of Flesh-Eating Drug Reported in AZ [Re: Not Responding]
    #18895135 - 09/26/13 05:53 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Codeine is OTC in Russia and pure solvents are harder to get there so they make "krokodil" using solvents like gasoline. I'm sure the stuff they found in AZ is actual desomorphine that someone made up and it was of greater purity than anything you'll find in Russia. It is the impurities in krokodil that really mess you up and are responsible for the necrosis, not the drug itself.

Since codeine can't be had OTC here it will never be a wide spread problem. Also the availability of relatively pure solvents at any hardware store here eleviates the need to use dirty stuff like gasoline. So even if desomorphine starts to be sold in decent quantities I doubt we'll see many cases of necrosis. Of course there are idiots that will still use gas because that is what they use over there without knowing there are better substitutes.

OfflineDr.Tooty
Eye see you.
 User Gallery

Loc: Nowhere in particular. Flag
Re: First Cases of Flesh-Eating Drug Reported in AZ [Re: Smushroom]
    #18895177 - 09/26/13 06:03 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

I "stumbled upon" an article about this drug a couple years ago. Sounds terrifying. But, then again, if youre willing to put something in your veins that will rot your fucking flesh off...Then I say go for it, you crazy bag of shit.

--------------------
"I get up, I get down." Insect Forum

OfflineScarab74
Warminatrix
Female

Loc: Conchs & Coconuts, USA Flag
    #18895328 - 09/26/13 06:33 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Not Responding said:

fuck, another good thing about growing up in the 90s. real lsd, real mdma, real mushrooms... real drugs. holy shit.

Ahhh, the good old days... (sniff)

--------------------
~Scarab74
We are such stuff as dreams are made of.
                W. Shakespeare - The Tempest

Invisibletaterdb
Male

Loc: rocky mountain high
Re: First Cases of Flesh-Eating Drug Reported in AZ [Re: Scarab74]
    #18895470 - 09/26/13 07:03 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Scarab74 said:
Quote:

Not Responding said:

Ahhh, the good old days... (sniff)

Ill toast to that!  :toast:

InvisibleDickhead
2 Times
Female User Gallery
Loc: groin
    #18895577 - 09/26/13 07:32 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Not Responding said:

This cannot be overstated. A few solid and willing LSD producers could save the world right now.

--------------------
Multiplied

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Re: First Cases of Flesh-Eating Drug Reported in AZ [Re: Dickhead]
    #18895631 - 09/26/13 07:49 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Is there not anymore authentic LSD out there anymore? Or has it all become fake-ass RCs?

InvisibleInto The Woods
Quarantine King
Male

#18895697 - 09/26/13 08:06 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

No, there's still LSD out there. There's just so many of those fake-ass RCs around now in such vast quantities, that it's made real acid much harder to come by.

It's almost like finding a needle in a haystack, depending on where you live.

OfflineBrakepad
Fuck society
Male

#18895743 - 09/26/13 08:13 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

RC's are more likely to be found but it all depends on connections. Real Lucy will allways be out there

--------------------
:sanpedro:Cactus.
:lsdabc: :kong: :chemistry: :scaryshroom: :fasted:

Edited by Brakepad (09/26/13 08:14 PM)

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Re: First Cases of Flesh-Eating Drug Reported in AZ [Re: Brakepad]
    #18895757 - 09/26/13 08:15 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Well, that's a relief. I really can't do it anymore due to high blood pressure problems, but it's nice to know the younger folks can get to enjoy it now.

InvisibleEminence
Male

Loc: Richmond, VA Flag
    #18895959 - 09/26/13 08:54 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

ToiletDuk said:
Is there not anymore authentic LSD out there anymore? Or has it all become fake-ass RCs?

One of the LSD analog RC's out right now is better than LSD I think.

--------------------

Offlinedirty
super sketch
Male

Loc: stateside
Re: First Cases of Flesh-Eating Drug Reported in AZ [Re: Eminence]
    #18895993 - 09/26/13 09:01 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

all the war on drugs is doing is making people resort to more and more untested dangerous shit than ever. then they spend billions of dollars a year to keep these people incarcerated where they smuggle drugs into prison and continue doing them anyways lol

--------------------
"In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom" -J.G. Ballard

"Why isn't there a strain yet called Rubix Cubensis?" -Fraggin

InvisibleEminence
Male

Loc: Richmond, VA Flag
Re: First Cases of Flesh-Eating Drug Reported in AZ [Re: dirty]
    #18896006 - 09/26/13 09:04 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

I don't blame the war on drugs for idiots injecting toxins into their veins. If they're making the stuff out of codeine, just take the damn codeine or don't be such an idiot and learn how to make your "krokidil" the right way lol.

--------------------

OfflineAtrium
Cunt Tickler

Re: First Cases of Flesh-Eating Drug Reported in AZ [Re: Eminence]
    #18896229 - 09/26/13 09:50 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

I was in class today and this woman about 23 or so was saying this stuff hit Arizona. I was just a bit shocked since she works in the E.R and I remember watching the VICE doc on this drug. Crazy stuff.

Btw frylock which analog of LSD would you say is better than LSD-25?

--------------------
The only thing about Chemistry I like is all the psychedelics that come from it.

The only reason I study Psychology is to have a legitimate excuse to enjoy Chemistry. :tongue2:

InvisibleInto The Woods
Quarantine King
Male

Re: First Cases of Flesh-Eating Drug Reported in AZ [Re: Atrium]
    #18896292 - 09/26/13 10:05 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

I think he's talking about AL-LAD :awesome:

It's said to be less of a mind fuck and gives a smoother trip than LSD, so that'd be my guess.

OfflinePurpleHaze147
Male User Gallery

Re: First Cases of Flesh-Eating Drug Reported in AZ [Re: Into The Woods]
    #18897500 - 09/27/13 06:10 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

I'd be down to try some desomorphine(krokodil) if it was made properly. It's just a super potent form of morphine, stronger than diacetlymorphine(heroin). There's nothing extremely toxic about pure desomorphine. There has to be a better method for street chemist to purify it, with a proper reflux condenser system for a couple hundred dollars and the right methods it shouldn't be too hard, it's really stupid to boil a bunch of chemicals in a pot if actually sything something.

I don't agree that opiates should be legal, that would be a disaster. IMO, it's already too easy to get powerful opioids like buprenorphine and methadone. U just tell a doc you've been using a lot opioids and want to stop and they give u plenty. U don't even need health insurance for methadone in most states.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck