Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
My voacanga africana is bearing fruit
    #18876637 - 09/22/13 04:16 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

My v.a. has flowered several times but never set any fruit. A few weeks ago i was surprised to see a couple of what looked like small sized oranges on my tree. Hopefully these will show up. One is of a couple flower clusters and the other shows one of the fruits. Since then, they have gotten perhaps a tiny bit larger and are still green. I notice a seam forming around the middle which looks like it will open up clamshell style and spill out the seeds when ripe. I will of course watch closely in hopes of capturing all the seeds. You can't get any fresher than that! I'm sure they will sprout without having to scarify or wait a long time

[/URL]

[/URL]

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

Re: My voacanga africana is bearing fruit [Re: Stonehenge]
    #18876673 - 09/22/13 04:23 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

sooooo awesome. I REALLY want to have plant that produces ibogaine. ITs one of the most interesting of the psychedelics to me.

Invisible1234go
#1 Swiftie
 User Gallery

Re: My voacanga africana is bearing fruit [Re: Psilosopherr]
    #18876861 - 09/22/13 05:04 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Beautiful! I've been losing sleep about having one of these for a while now. I have the seeds, but have just been intimidated to start them. Not many are viable, plus the 1 - 9 month range of germination. My procrastination sets in, I need to just find a cutting from a vendor.

Amazing, and thanks for sharing!

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
Re: My voacanga africana is bearing fruit [Re: 1234go]
    #18877229 - 09/22/13 06:21 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

We aren't allowed to arrange trades in this forum so i can't say anything. But it is a nifty looking plant. Grows pretty fast too. Someone told me you could smoke the leaves and get off but i never tried it. Mostly The rootbark is used and maybe the tree bark too. The whole plant is full of alkaloids. I hope to have a thread going on another interesting plant that has lots of ibogaine in it. This will be a little later on. Actually, i have some growing right now but i'm starting some new ones.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Invisibleshmizzle
That is GUN That is not a TICKET
Male User Gallery

Loc: So. Cali
    #18877621 - 09/22/13 07:47 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

That is sweet!
Thanks for sharing.

How old is she?

--------------------
Always looking to trade!!!
ISO live medicinal plants/live entheogens...
(((My Current Trade List)))

Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

Loc: Darkside of the moon Flag
Re: My voacanga africana is bearing fruit [Re: shmizzle]
    #18877678 - 09/22/13 08:00 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

A we some stonehenge. Keep up the wonderful work. :super:

--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Re: My voacanga africana is bearing fruit [Re: ferrel_human]
    #18880867 - 09/23/13 02:25 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks, ferrel. The trees are about 8 or 9 years old and have died back a couple times in freezes. I plan to put outdoor heat on them this winter if it gets below 40.

Off topic but i will have another thread going soon i hope about another plant perhaps even more interesting.

--------------------

Offlinesidvivius
south narvalo
Male User Gallery

Loc: south of France
    #18890416 - 09/25/13 05:33 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

stop teasing please !! tell us more...

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Re: My voacanga africana is bearing fruit [Re: sidvivius]
    #18890946 - 09/25/13 08:00 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Sid, its too soon, i have no pics and it will be a few weeks at least before i do.

--------------------

Offlineoverstand
Stranger
Male

#18907258 - 09/29/13 02:00 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Stonehenge, you have the coolest plants! Thanks for sharing the pictures! I have a AV plant that that is a few months old. I will be bringing it in for the winter soon. I am curious if I will ever get fruit as long as it remains in a pot. Are your fruiting trees in the ground or in pots?

--------------------
“Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.” - Henry David Thoreau

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Re: My voacanga africana is bearing fruit [Re: overstand]
    #18907436 - 09/29/13 02:50 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

They are in the ground. I think you need two plants in flower to get fruit, mine never set seed until both of them were in flower.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds