Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKrupa
veteran
Re: mycelium cult. tek
    #18863 - 05/29/00 10:09 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

I think I'm going to try this. Just wondering what types of substrates were used to get that kind of colonization time? Is it even that important with mycellium innoculation? Thanks again for the very good info!

-Good day, everyone!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKrupa
veteran
Re: mycelium cult. tek [Re: Krupa]
    #18864 - 05/29/00 11:34 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

I'd have to say that the honey water tek is my choice. Super simple. I think it's in the Grow/Find section...

-Good day, all.

Anonymous

#18865 - 05/30/00 12:02 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

I prefer to use Light Malt Extract. Natural honey, which most reccomend using, is loaded with pollen and various spores. (Many people who have alergies, cannot eat honey for this reason.) If any survive your sterilization process, you are doomed from the start. LME has been processed even before you get it and is sterile to begin with.

I started using my process while growing edibles, but it works exceptionally will for our favorite mushies too.

Take a pint jar and fill most of the way with spring water. Add 1-2 Tbsp of extra light/light malt extract, stir. Cap with filter disc and lid. P. cook for about 45 min@15psi. Allow to cool completely!!

Next, working in front of a flow hood or in a HEPA glove box, take a sterile 60cc syringe and needle, draw about 45cc of solution into syringe, wipe with an alcohol wipe and cap. I usually do 10 syringes at a time. This way if you accidentally introduce contams, you will only loose one syringe, not the whole batch while trying to fill another syringe from a colonized jar.

Next mix up a spore water solution. Take syringes and draw approx. 5cc of spore water into sryinge (you can use much less, but I have tons of prints and more spores means faster colonization.) and then another 10cc of air. Wipe with an alcohol wipe and cap/seal. The reason for the extra 10cc of air is to allow for shaking.

In about 5 days at room temps, the syringes will be cloudy with mycelium. You can store these "mycelium syringes" in the fridge, sealed inside ziploc freezer bags for at least 3 months.

I use 1/2 gallon jars for cultivation and 1 syringe will do about 12 jars (1cc in 4 spots per jar). Using this method, 1/2 gallon jars will fully colonize in 7-10 days.

I realize this may be more trouble than some want to work with, but it works every time. Also, I didn't bother to name this TEK to reduce possible flames on this thread and I am more interested in spreading information than claiming credit for it.

Peace.

------------------
-ChesterCopperpott-
"Old enough to know better, Young enough to do it anyway."

[This message has been edited by chestercopperpott (edited May 30, 2000).]

OfflineKrupa
veteran
    #18866 - 05/30/00 12:35 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Don't you hate it when you have to say "Why didn't I think of that?"
thanks!

-Good day, all!

Anonymous

#18867 - 05/30/00 12:47 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Ready for some totally useless trivia?

Using these cultivation methods (as mentioned above) 1 spore print will yeild the equivalant of 840 colonized 1/2 pt jars. See, useless, but possibly interesting. (Possibly not :smile: )

Peace.

------------------
-ChesterCopperpott-

[This message has been edited by chestercopperpott (edited May 30, 2000).]

OfflineLillSkit
old hand
    #18868 - 05/30/00 03:14 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

chestercopperpot..
Thanx alot that mycelium tek. soundsawesome and ive been looking for something like this since i discovered the ?Honey Tek.
Thanx again..

- Lill -

Anonymous

#18870 - 05/30/00 12:42 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Penningtons Finch Food, prefer to rinse since they put a "Bird-Kote" on it. Don't know if it makes a difference but seems to. Then add about 1 tsp.(2grams) of gypsum, it helps with shaking and speeds mycelium metabolism.

Just for reference, even on normal innoculations with spore water, once germination has started, it still only takes about 10 days to fully colonize 1/2 gallon jars. With the mycelial syringes you only shorten that time by a week. What makes colonizatioin so much faster is that with a "bulk tek" you can shake the jars spreading the mycelium, causing drastically faster colonization. And starting with mycelium is just that much faster still.

If anyone is interested, will take the time and write down the process used. It's designed for edibles, but works amazingly well for our favorite mushies too.

Peace.

Tried to use DrDanks advice, works, just sounds a little off LOL :biggrin:

------------------
-ChesterCopperpott-

Invisiblenaptsum
seeker
    #18871 - 05/30/00 06:41 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

I know someone who is intrested!
If you have the time please by all means write the process
:smile:

-mustpan
"Protector of fruit"

InvisibleLinkA
Intrinsically No Good

Loc: Lost Woods, Hyrule
    #18872 - 05/30/00 08:05 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Krupa, i agree :smile:

chester, i have never heard of anyone doing it like that. very clever. i think you should write that up and send it to aphex to put in grow/find. i like that a lot, i think i'm gonna try it.

Link

------------------
How I wish that somewhere there existed an island for those who are wise and of good will.
-Albert Einstein

--------------------
Wonder had gone away, and he had forgotten that all life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other.  -- H.P. Lovecraft "The Silver Key"

Anonymous

#18873 - 05/31/00 01:41 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Yep i am interested also.

Anonymous

#18874 - 05/31/00 05:28 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

me too

Anonymous

#18875 - 05/31/00 05:48 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

No worries, give me a couple of days to pound it out. I am flying back up to Seattle/Vancouver on business and I scheduled a couple of extra days for "Island Hunting" and will take some time and write both the complete myc. syringe tek and bulk tek. Just bear in mind that I have developed these processes for edibles, but they are perfect for our favorite mushies too.

Peace.

P.S. By "Island Hunting", what I mean is a friend and I take his boat out to the various islands in the PNW area and that is where we find all of our unusuall strains. And with GPS coordinates, we can retrace our successful trips. Ain't technology grand!!

------------------
-ChesterCopperpott-

OfflineKrupa
veteran
    #18876 - 06/01/00 03:01 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Definatly getting printed out when it's completed. Definitely Looking forward to giving it a try. I think this is what I've been looking for.

-Good day, all!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates