Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblebulkgrownoob
Letting jars cool in PC overnight?
    #18853673 - 09/17/13 02:05 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

I know it doesnt make much of a difference and most people take jars out as soon as all pressure is released from the PC, but I feel like a lot of people recommend letting jars cool for hours or overnight and I just had a thought- unless you're using a toggle valve on your PC(or using a sterilizer) then the air is not going to be sterile once the PC cools, due to vacuum effect and not being airtight(pressure regulator is not airtight). Therefore wouldn't the safest possible move be to immediately remove the jars once pressure is released, this way the filter dries up right away instead of staying wet in the PC for hours which could cause contams to wick into the jars through the filter? I do realize that once the PC is opened it is no longer in a sterile environment but at least this way it will dry up immediately instead of spending hours and hours being wet in a non sterile environment.

The main reason I'm concerned with this is because I am going to try a no pour agar tek and most of them recommend letting jars cool overnight in order to avoid tons of condensation in the jar. I'm just wondering which sacrifice I should make- allowing extra moisture in the jar which I could dump out in my SAB, or leaving the filter wet all night in the PC(and possibly still having moisture in the jar). I also realize that SFD's would solve this issue but I am using EZ felt at the moment and am going to make the jars tonight

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineStromriderM
This must be the place
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dept of know what I'm say... Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Letting jars cool in PC overnight? [Re: bulkgrownoob]
    #18853686 - 09/17/13 02:08 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

You're splitting hairs man it doesn't matter

InvisibleSpitballJedi
Ancient Astronaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Nibiru Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Letting jars cool in PC overnight? [Re: bulkgrownoob]
    #18853803 - 09/17/13 02:37 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18026146#18026146
Quote:

SpitballJedi said:***SAFETY FIRST***
Let the PC cool and depressurize on its own. Don't do anything to speed up this process. Getting impatiences can cause burns and shattered glass.

Generally, I let it sit over night. However, sometimes I have more jars waiting. Under no circumstances do you open the lid or remove the weight while still under pressure.

If I need the PC, I turn the stove off and wait for the safety valve to drop. It will still be hot enough to cause burns, but the pressure is gone. I've watched my mamaw can enough to know it's OK to take out hot jars and set them on something dry. Dry is important. If you set the hot jars on something cold and wet it will likely crack the jar. I've seen shards fly.

I use SFD's though.

--------------------
The Basics
A little civility goes a long way

The Noob Forum
The Hammock Hangers' Forum

OfflineStromriderM
This must be the place
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dept of know what I'm say... Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Letting jars cool in PC overnight? [Re: SpitballJedi]
    #18853826 - 09/17/13 02:40 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Hell yeah sfd is the way to go :thumbup:

Invisiblebulkgrownoob
Re: Letting jars cool in PC overnight? [Re: Stromrider]
    #18853901 - 09/17/13 02:53 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

psillyshroomer said:
You're splitting hairs man it doesn't matter

Figured that might be the case. Just wanted to make sure my procedure is flawless from start to finish.
Quote:

SpitballJedi said:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18026146#18026146
Quote:

SpitballJedi said:***SAFETY FIRST***
Let the PC cool and depressurize on its own. Don't do anything to speed up this process. Getting impatiences can cause burns and shattered glass.

Generally, I let it sit over night. However, sometimes I have more jars waiting. Under no circumstances do you open the lid or remove the weight while still under pressure.

If I need the PC, I turn the stove off and wait for the safety valve to drop. It will still be hot enough to cause burns, but the pressure is gone. I've watched my mamaw can enough to know it's OK to take out hot jars and set them on something dry. Dry is important. If you set the hot jars on something cold and wet it will likely crack the jar. I've seen shards fly.

I use SFD's though.

Quote:

psillyshroomer said:
Hell yeah sfd is the way to go :thumbup:

My next investment

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order