Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisible0toxic0
Stranger
spiritual help? *DELETED*
    #1877089 - 09/03/03 10:21 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by 0toxic0

Reason for deletion: No Reason.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: spiritual help? [Re: 0toxic0]
    #1877176 - 09/03/03 11:16 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Good questions!

"wat the hell is a SPIRITUAL EXPERIENCE?" 

I think one of the more popular speculations is somewhere along the lines of, an experience with qualities that seem set outside the boundaries of you're normal physical reality.  The feeling of exchanging/recieving information from an outside source may be a possible example.  Although it really should't be restricted to experiences of this nature, and/or substance induced experiences.  I mean, there are many things which could be considered a 'spiritual' experience..The feeling you would get after accomplishing a goal you set for yourself,  whitnessing one of your favorite musicians performances in utter bliss, experiencing a form of love, probably even the 'magical' feeling you once had as a child come christmas morning..as a few examples..  It almost seems alot of things that can be considered 'spiritual' are overlooked by many people..I'm sure including some people that would actually consider themselves to be 'spiritual'...I really don't know what to say to your other questions, and hope someone takes a stab at them..as I'm curious what other people think myself :smile:

I hope this was an alright reply..maybe someone else can elaborate or point out anything they may disagree with.  I've never actually given these questions much thought, and am glad you decided to post them!  :thumbup:   

Offlinelucid
Jack's AlteredConsciousness

Loc: up on the bidet
Re: spiritual help? [Re: ekomstop]
    #1877190 - 09/03/03 11:25 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

"Spirtuality" is a loaded term.
IMHO Spiritual means pertaining to the Spirit, i.e.
pertaining to the Higher Consciousness which is beyond
thought, reasoning and belief. It is our essence, pure
awareness, direct realization and knowledge.
These too are all "loaded" terms :grin:
the irony is that all terms in "Spirituality" are
loaded including the term itself :grin:
It's a very loosely defined colloquialism.
Hope I didn't confuse u even more  :crazy:

--------------------
"no-mind un-thinks no-thought..."

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#1877192 - 09/03/03 11:25 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

You're being spirtual right now, you're alive right now and that means you're apart of life, even if you don't feel that way. (note, that's just my philosphy).

It can be confusing to go from the definition of spirtuality of believing in some kind of deity to a more abstract form. Think of it this way, religion is supposed to be the way to feel spirtuality, but that isn't always true. Don't worry about if you're doing something right or wrong, or how confusing it can be to think about these things, but just try and take in what you find interesting about religions or spirtuality. Read what other people have to say, but don't be afraid to come to your own conclusions and ideas.

I don't know how much experince you have with psychedelics, but if you use them with respect and just observe the world around you, it can lead to a greater understanding of what people call "spirtuality". Just don't worry about what's the right thing to believe in and try to enjoy different aspects of life, that's what's worked for me. I can't guaretee it's going to work for everyone, but it's a place to start amongst all the confusion of all the theories and ideas people have.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Loc: In the borderlands
    #1877195 - 09/03/03 11:27 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

[, wat the hell is a SPIRITUAL EXPERIENCE?

I am starting to think of spirituality as the ability to step outside of your normal survival mode and see things as they really are. I used to see it as something more subjective.

Through doing mushrooms and other psychadelics I am losing confidence in my perceptions. I am trying to see the world I exist in more dispassionately for informational purposes. I want to remain passionate about life though.

That is what I think.Good luck!

--------------------
I may not always tell the truth, but atleast I'm honest
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

Edited by sirreal (09/03/03 11:28 AM)

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#1877202 - 09/03/03 11:30 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ekomstop said:
I mean, there are many things which could be considered a 'spiritual' experience..The feeling you would get after accomplishing a goal you set for yourself, whitnessing one of your favorite musicians performances in utter bliss, experiencing a form of love, probably even the 'magical' feeling you once had as a child come christmas morning..as a few examples.. It almost seems alot of things that can be considered 'spiritual' are overlooked by many people..including I'm sure some people that would consider themselves to be 'spiritual'...

So very true. So many of the emotions we experince are the height of what's called spirtual. That's why I like the idea of people being able to define spirtuality in their own way, because what works for one person doesn't for another.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Loc: Europe
    #1878034 - 09/03/03 03:30 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

i read the thread about psychedelic experiences and now i really want to know, wat the hell is a SPIRITUAL EXPERIENCE? how do u know if youve just had a SPIRITUAL EXPERIENCE? wat does it mean to be a SPIRITUAL person???

I would say that a spiritual experience is any experience that makes you more aware of qualities and motives that are not immediately connected with your bodily needs. That includes a whole range of things, so the meaning tends to depend on the context.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #1878087 - 09/03/03 03:44 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ekomstop said:
whitnessing one of your favorite musicians performances in utter bliss,

Ahh.. IN FLAMES in Milwaukee...

Anything that sort of clues you into the true nature of our existance, anything that you usually don't confront in your day to day...

Just beings of energy experiencing. Evolving. Nothing more than that. We are presented with lessons to learn, and learning them makes our lives more full, complete, steps us up the ladder..

I cherish experiences. Every thought that comes into my head, every action I choose to make, every input that is picked up by my senses, my surroundings.. they all continously interact to form a completely unique, complete experience. And we can, for a large part, take an active control over this, and decide to just flow with what life gives us while we are given the completely free choice to alter the flow with whatever we see fit..

I like to change the flow, flowingly.. no sense in forcing anything that doesn't need to be forced.. It is nice to be happy in almost any situation that you are put within. Life seems to be more fufilling that way..

And don't forget to keep an open mind and to learn. Don't get too attached to anything, either, because they will only drag you down with them..
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Invisiblemr crisper

#1878436 - 09/03/03 05:34 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

assuming you go by the idea that you are a soul inhabiting a physical body, your whole life is a spiritual experience.
if you subscribe to the idea that we are just a bunch of chemical reactions, spirituality is an attempt to make us appear more beautiful and meaningful than we really are.

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: spiritual help? [Re: mr crisper]
    #1878611 - 09/03/03 06:16 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

as you can see there are many terms and definitions to what spirituality means.  I think there are probably an infinit number of definitions for this term (and a host of others).  The funny thing is that while there are different definitions or terms on spirituality, most of them are saying the same thing, just pointing out different aspects of it.  i think it would be hard pressed  for someone to really say what this means simply because words are just that, words. I can say a word and you could think a totally different definition of it than I would, because our experiences are different.  doesn't mean ones better than the other, just take it all in and decifer what you will.  notice the word experience used over and over though, I love it :smile:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflineClover
phenomenal woman
Loc: Beyond the Veil
Re: spiritual help? [Re: mr crisper]
    #1879099 - 09/03/03 08:40 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

mr crisper said:
assuming you go by the idea that you are a soul inhabiting a physical body, your whole life is a spiritual experience.

Yes! Yes! Yes!
(I think you can tell where I stand on this)  :rasta: 

--------------------
"Those sweet excesses I do adore."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom