Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemattch1
Monseur

Loc: WV
blueing non actives *pics*
    #1868681 - 08/31/03 03:20 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Here are some bluing non-actives that i found in a grassy area in memphis, TN. I was excited when i found them because i was under the assumption that all bluing mushrooms were active. Not true. Im not sure of the exact ID. They dont have gills, they have pores, and are short and fat.

~MC

--------------------
Everything I ask is for informational purposes only. There is no truth to what i say. I am lying.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblekoraks
Re: blueing non actives *pics* [Re: mattch1]
    #1868692 - 08/31/03 03:26 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Some kind of boletus I think. Looks like boletus erythrophus, which indeed shows a bluing reaction. boletus erythrophus is edible, so if there's any way to get a 100% positive id on this one, it might me interesting if you're into non-active edibles. Best wait for one of the die-hards of this forum to assist you. BTW, if possible, try to make some sharper photos, as these lack some detail necessary for id-ing. Also try to photograph the pores, they should be orange-red to rusty-brown, fading to yellow near the rim of the cap. The pores should also turn dark blue to black when bruised.

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan Flag
Re: blueing non actives *pics* [Re: koraks]
    #1868705 - 08/31/03 03:31 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Lactarius delicious, bruises blue, green, purple, red,
edible, cook first

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Re: blueing non actives *pics* [Re: Mitchnast]
    #1868720 - 08/31/03 03:39 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

i also find that chanterells sometimes show slight bluing, same with morels, but a different bluing, almost florecent, ive seen boletes that bleed grey-blue, and ive seen boletes that also blue sky-blue at the base where the mycelium is touched (and nowhere else in the fruiting body) exactly like a psilocybian mushroom.
the amethyst deceiver and others in its genera will bruise purple, they are very common.
the blewit is naturally blue, as is stropharia aerugenosa (im sure i spelt it wrong)
inocybe calmistrata is said to be psilocybian, i find it ocasionally, it is VERY blue at the base, but when i was a child i once had muscarine poisoning from getting into some inocybes (red staining), i generally avoid them.

the indigo milk cap is a HEAVY bluer,
also there are some bluing mycenas that are equally non-active

Hygrocybe conica bruises black and can be mistaken for bluing as its yellow flesh begins to turn, it is not active and possibly toxic.

theres quite a few others ive found that blue that are not active.

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

#1868725 - 08/31/03 03:42 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

heres an indigo milk cap from a web page, the credit for this photo is the name imbedded
if this was a psilocybian bluing reaction, forget about cubensis, one of these mushrooms would rival a half dry Oz.
alas, sadly it is not, maybe for our own good

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

#1868750 - 08/31/03 03:51 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Offlineshiftypeaks
Soul Surfer
 User Gallery

Loc: United Counties of Weilii
Re: blueing non actives [Re: Mitchnast]
    #8420370 - 05/19/08 02:57 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

This weekend I found a shroom with a slightly flattened (wavy) yet round cream colored cap about the size of a quarter. No real dark nipple.  Stem  about 2 inches long.  Gills light brown.  Found in Cherokee County Georgia growing along the road in pine straw on the edge of the woods.  When I squeezed the stem it quickly turned dark and then on the ride home (15 min.) went really blue. Cap was turning greenish just with normal handling.  I guess it could have been a Weilii but it wasn't obvious (no strong waxy smell although it didn't really smell mushroomy either.) 
My question to the forum is this; are there blueing non actives that fit this general description?  I know about boletes and it didn't have pores. 

--------------------

Edited by shiftypeaks (07/01/08 01:38 PM)

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Re: blueing non actives [Re: shiftypeaks]
    #8421994 - 05/19/08 09:15 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

you resurrected a 5 year old thread for that?

to answer your question, probably, sounds like a weilii tho.
take a spore print when you get more and remove doubt.

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: blueing non actives [Re: Mitchnast]
    #8422318 - 05/19/08 10:32 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Yea probably Psilocybe weilii

Apparently mitchnast likes to post a lot in this thread, but mostly in '03

Invisibleweiliiiiiii
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
Re: blueing non actives [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #8422353 - 05/19/08 10:39 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

sounds like weilii for sure man habitat matches weilii too.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom