Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTripplebeam
Stranger
finally a casing that worked
    #1867963 - 08/31/03 09:47 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

ok, ive tried many casing tek in which a friend was explaining to me on how to do them, and after many failures i got tired of trying but had already gotten attached to the process of growing, it kinda like a hobby no that i look at it. i used to do only in vitro and i double end cased them with straight verm, so i finally took one of my colonized spawn bags and cased it with verm, at first i fucked up an forgot to bottom case it, but hen realized its not needed anyway, its been quite some time and the vermstarted to overlay so i patched it and then it started to pull away from the side of the container wich it is still doing. and ten this morning i went to mist and bow, pins every were one even as a small cap just ovr night,its crazy. but myquestion is how muc water is too much, ive never had to mist a casing that actually pinned and i dont want to fuck it up by drowning it or not misting enough. in vitro is so easy but i ca already tell te yeild is well worth the trouble, thanks to all that helped me along the way and for anyone who hels me out in the future.
:grin: 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
Re: finally a casing that worked [Re: Tripplebeam]
    #1867989 - 08/31/03 10:11 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

The casing material should have enough moisture to at least sustain the first flush (or couple flushes depending on tek). With straight verm it is difficult to tell the moisture content without actually touching it (CONTAM!) this is why I never recommend a straight verm casing and always, at the very least, recommend a basic 50/50 with sphagnum peat moss and verm and some lime if obtainable. Once the mycelia starts to come up through the top layer of the casing, but not actually colonizing the top layer, this is the time to induce fruiting conditions, don't wait since the mycelia growth has momentum and will continue to grow even after a couple days of fruiting conditions. Bottom casing is to the preference of the grower imo.

If you see that the casing layer needs misting then do just that, mist, don't over saturate, hold the mister close to the casing so that you only mist areas that aren't covered with mycelia or pins, this may cause pins to abort and mycelia to blue/bruise. Remember that once you see pins then begin to give plenty of light and Fan regularly daily, refer to the fruiting conditions given in the FAQ's also, casings usually provide a bulk of their own humidity so watch how much perlite (or how much humidity you introduce) into your terrarium.

good luck.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck