Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

Still never written a resume
    #18666683 - 08/06/13 03:00 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

I know I could just look up a guide on how to write one. But just tell me, is it easy? Basically just all your experience education and community service. And other applicable skills?

Idk it all seems scary. Just tell me, FUCKING DO IT ALREADY RBALZER YOU LAZY SHIT

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: Still never written a resume [Re: Psilosopherr]
    #18666692 - 08/06/13 03:05 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

For fukks sake, YES!

It's easy, just have to do it. Just apply.

What's the worst that would happen, you'd get a job?

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

Re: Still never written a resume [Re: 2Experimental]
    #18666730 - 08/06/13 03:27 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

2Experimental said:
For fukks sake, YES!

It's easy, just have to do it. Just apply.

What's the worst that would happen, you'd get a job?

Ha yeah for real.

I really need full time work so I'm not sitting around being lazy half the time.

InvisibleDr. Crapsghetti
Peer Educator
 User Gallery

#18666733 - 08/06/13 03:30 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Just write out all the typical stuff you'd find on a typical job application--voila.

--------------------

OfflineSunnyD
WiZarD oF LoVe
Male User Gallery

Loc: Planet earth
Re: Still never written a resume [Re: Dr. Crapsghetti]
    #18666742 - 08/06/13 03:35 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

write one a really good one and then, make like 50 copys so you never have to make one again

--------------------
:sunny::inlove::peyotespectrum::peyotespectrum::inlove::sunny:
And to everyone who thinks life is just a game,
Do you like the part you are playing?
This is the time in life I am living!
And I face each day with a smile :smile:
My music Library of Synthesizer goodness

OfflineDragonChaser
Ice in Her Ass and Pussy
Male User Gallery

#18666767 - 08/06/13 03:49 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

You seriously have to look up how to write a resume now.  The online applications that a lot of places use, some of them have programs that scan the resume for certain buzzwords, like "motivated", "dynamic", "effective communicator" and bullshit like that, and if your resume doesn't have them, the program automatically kicks your application to the curb.

Or so I've been told... but by numerous people.

--------------------
My name is Mud

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

Re: Still never written a resume [Re: DragonChaser]
    #18666770 - 08/06/13 03:51 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

DragonChaser said:
You seriously have to look up how to write a resume now.  The online applications that a lot of places use, some of them have programs that scan the resume for certain buzzwords, like "motivated", "dynamic", "effective communicator" and bullshit like that, and if your resume doesn't have them, the program automatically kicks your application to the curb.

Everybodies making a lot of sense. I'm actually thinking that resumes will be a much more efficient way of finding work.

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

#18666782 - 08/06/13 04:01 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Its good to get into the habit of updating your resume/CV regularly.

That way, when it comes time to update you won't be sitting around thinking:  "When did I take that class, when did I work at that place, what was my old supervisors name, etc. etc.".

Usually, you'll tailor your resume to a specific position.  At least eventually.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

Re: Still never written a resume [Re: badchad]
    #18666796 - 08/06/13 04:08 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

badchad said:

That way, when it comes time to update you won't be sitting around thinking:  "When did I take that class, when did I work at that place, what was my old supervisors name, etc. etc.".

Usually, you'll tailor your resume to a specific position.  At least eventually.

I'm so bad with years and dates. I literally guess estimate all the years of when i worked places :facepalm:

OfflineDragonChaser
Ice in Her Ass and Pussy
Male User Gallery

#18666813 - 08/06/13 04:29 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

rbalzer said:
Quote:

badchad said:

I'm so bad with years and dates. I literally guess estimate all the years of when i worked places :facepalm:

So do I.  I've never been called on it though.

I think they would only care if you really bullshitted (claimed you worked at a place 2 years, when you know damn well you only spent slightly over 1 year there).

--------------------
My name is Mud

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

#18666817 - 08/06/13 04:31 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Makes sense.

Got any tips for going to college after being out of school a few years?

OfflineDragonChaser
Ice in Her Ass and Pussy
Male User Gallery

#18666879 - 08/06/13 05:22 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Beyond going in and talking to someone in admissions?... Um... are you opposed to offering sexual favors?

Get copies of your transcripts, see if you're eligible for re-enrollment at the college you were attending, and if not, apply elsewhere I suppose.

--------------------
My name is Mud

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

#18666884 - 08/06/13 05:28 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Yeahh. I don't know what i expected. It really is that simple. I'd need to apply for aid. And probly get this job so I can pay for shit first.

I wonder what I should focus on studying. Mycology, chemistry, biology. Something science most likely.

Everytime I think about my dream job I keep coming back to farmer. But owning your own farm sounds like a daunting goal. very long term, distant future stuff

OfflineDragonChaser
Ice in Her Ass and Pussy
Male User Gallery

#18666914 - 08/06/13 05:47 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

My great uncle (father's uncle) farms over 1,000 acres in Illinois.  Almost all corn I think, though he has his own private gardens and used to raise hogs for money during the winter.

It's the type of business where you're barely staying afloat these days, with Monsanto and other companies breathing down your neck and huge factory farms that can do more output for cheaper than you.

I don't want to shit on your dream, but I think a more realistic goal would be having a job, and having some land you can farm/garden on, and maybe make enough extra to sell at a local farmer's market.

There is a real reason why only like 1% of this countries population is still involved in agriculture (assuming you're American, I mean).

Edit- we still go to visit him and his wife (an exotic cat breeder) during summers sometimes, and I love the hell out of that farm... it just seems like dawn til dusk work to barely make it by each year.  You own a couple million in equipment and land, but you hardly have much profit to show for it.

--------------------
My name is Mud

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

#18666927 - 08/06/13 05:56 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

DragonChaser said:
My great uncle (father's uncle) farms over 1,000 acres in Illinois.  Almost all corn I think, though he has his own private gardens and used to raise hogs for money during the winter.

It's the type of business where you're barely staying afloat these days, with Monsanto and other companies breathing down your neck and huge factory farms that can do more output for cheaper than you.

I don't want to shit on your dream, but I think a more realistic goal would be having a job, and having some land you can farm/garden on, and maybe make enough extra to sell at a local farmer's market.

There is a real reason why only like 1% of this countries population is still involved in agriculture (assuming you're American, I mean).

Edit- we still go to visit him and his wife (an exotic cat breeder) during summers sometimes, and I love the hell out of that farm... it just seems like dawn til dusk work to barely make it by each year.  You own a couple million in equipment and land, but you hardly have much profit to show for it.

that all makes alot of sense. Its such a shame though, you'd think we'd need more people to grow food. Small scale though, that'll keep me happy. Maybe live in the county and get some livestock :grin:

OfflineTimmehSydney
Realist

#18666945 - 08/06/13 06:08 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Basically lie through your teeth about how great you are but make sure they can't prove otherwise.

--------------------

OfflineDragonChaser
Ice in Her Ass and Pussy
Male User Gallery

#18667019 - 08/06/13 06:55 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

rbalzer said:
Quote:

DragonChaser said:

that all makes alot of sense. Its such a shame though, you'd think we'd need more people to grow food. Small scale though, that'll keep me happy. Maybe live in the county and get some livestock :grin:

As soon as my wife and I get a house in a more rural area, I'm getting chickens to raise for eggs and turning as much of our yards into gardens as I can.

If you produce extra, you can at the very least contribute to the amount of healthy, naturally grown food in your area being sold at farmer's markets, or just give free fruits and veggies to friends and neighbors.  You'll get the exercise involved in gardening and healthy foods to show for it.

--------------------
My name is Mud

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Loc: 613 Flag
    #18667281 - 08/06/13 08:56 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

DragonChaser said:

Haha that sounds like a terrible way to select job applicants. I don't know if I believe it though.

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: Still never written a resume [Re: psi]
    #18667288 - 08/06/13 09:00 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Lots of places use software to scan applications/resumes/CVs.  Google it, there are tons of articles on how to design a resume to make it through an electronic, initial screen.  Definitely sucks, but nowadays (and depending on the job), pretty much every employer only accepts online applications.  They need a way to screen them efficiently.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

OfflineDragonChaser
Ice in Her Ass and Pussy
Male User Gallery

#18667302 - 08/06/13 09:03 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

rbalzer, give this website a peek; it talks about dated buzz words and language to avoid, and has more links at the bottom about how to make your resume "irresistible".

http://jobs.aol.com/articles/2012/12/06/forget-the-buzzwords-how-to-create-a-resume-that-sells-you/

--------------------
My name is Mud

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom