Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepukey
Stranger

Question about Psychotria Nexus (carthagenensis x viridis)
    #18607383 - 07/24/13 10:44 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

So I have a few of these suckers growing, and I'm wondering whether it would be better to collect the fallen leaves of the young plants as they grow and add them to the pile come harvest time, or should I let the leaves stay at the base of the plants so they can reuse the nutrients as they grow?
The question is in relation to alkaloid content, in case anyone didn't get that.
I'm assuming the former would result in a higher yield but a lower percent of dry weight of the leaves, but that's based on assumptions so I figure I might as well ask.

<SNIP>

No trading in the EG

UPDATED RULES AND GUIDELINES - READ BEFORE POSTING!

Quote:

• Trades and "hookups" are not allowed here

Edited by Mostly_Harmless (07/24/13 11:10 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSmOakland
 User Gallery

Re: Question about Psychotria Nexus (carthagenensis x viridis) [Re: pukey]
    #18610239 - 07/25/13 03:18 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

pukey said:
So I have a few of these suckers growing, and I'm wondering whether it would be better to collect the fallen leaves of the young plants as they grow and add them to the pile come harvest time, or should I let the leaves stay at the base of the plants so they can reuse the nutrients as they grow?
The question is in relation to alkaloid content, in case anyone didn't get that.
I'm assuming the former would result in a higher yield but a lower percent of dry weight of the leaves, but that's based on assumptions so I figure I might as well ask.

I would save the leaves if I were you.  If you are going to go to the trouble to do an extraction, a few less than high potency leaves are not going to add a lot of work.  I am not familiar with the plant, but if i recall correctly it is a slow grower and will therefore probably not need a lot (or any) fertilizer if it is in some decent soil.  If it does then just go buy some fertilizer.  And I find mulching usually helps too.

InvisibleAIRDOG
Male User Gallery

Loc: world's shroom capital
Re: Question about Psychotria Nexus (carthagenensis x viridis) [Re: SmOakland]
    #18610371 - 07/25/13 03:39 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

yeah dude use the leaves for propagation and just feed the plants some worm casting teas

OfflinePsychotria
Acaciagrapher
 User Gallery

#18611590 - 07/25/13 07:49 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

I know this doesn't have to do with your questions but psychotria viridis grow fairly fast depending on your weather, warm positions are the best it loves humidity, i grow mine in the shower room next to the window where it gets lots of sunlight, and i shower for much longer to keep the room nice and steamed up. And also psychotria alba grows two times faster than viridis.

--------------------

Offlinepukey
Stranger

Re: Question about Psychotria Nexus (carthagenensis x viridis) [Re: Psychotria]
    #18612135 - 07/25/13 09:36 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Fair enough about the mod edit, I forgot about that rule.

Thanks guys, I figured I'd be better off saving the leaves but I thought better to ask anyway.
I already have 5 plants in pots which take up a fair bit of room, I'm not going to be staying where I am for long enough to warrant planting them so I doubt I'll grow any more.

The Nexus plant is a cross as it says in the title, which has the growth rate of carthagenesis but almost the same tryptamine content as viridis which is good, so it was created for maximum yield in a short period of time I'm assuming.
And also it comes from about 20km down the road from me so they tolerates my climate perfectly, but I'm still wondering whether or not they would benefit from being in a mini greenhouse, like just some clear plastic over a frame or something. What do you guys reckon?

OfflinePsychotria
Acaciagrapher
 User Gallery

#18612434 - 07/25/13 10:25 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Yes i think a greenhouse is a perfect idea

--------------------

Offlinepukey
Stranger

Re: Question about Psychotria Nexus (carthagenensis x viridis) [Re: Psychotria]
    #18612551 - 07/25/13 10:45 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah I'll give that a go. I'll monitor how they go with the greenhouse for a while and keep notes, I'll post something on here at some point in the near future if it turns out well and/or if anyone is interested.

OfflinePsychotria
Acaciagrapher
 User Gallery

#18613084 - 07/26/13 01:34 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

And you probably already know this but remember to never give up on your psychotria even if you think it is dying.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder