Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLuCiDninja
Stranger

My bufo alvarius just died today :( * 5
    #18572811 - 07/17/13 07:06 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

my long time bufo alvarius toad has just perished due to natural causes after 5 long years of me having him (big ole toad). I'm gonna miss him, he used to eat mice and any kind of bug i could find him. I paid around 120$ back in the day for the little guy... anyone think it would be worth trying a couple xylene pulls on the sacred toad, his way to pay me back after our journey. Think about it, people eat frog legs and this guy is dead and hardened, its just alkaloids sitting around i feel like im missing out on, but i wanna see what anyone else thinks too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTmethylM
Smear in the shale
 User Gallery

Loc: Florida
Re: My bufo alvarius just died today :( [Re: LuCiDninja]
    #18572822 - 07/17/13 07:09 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

:canthelpbutlaugh:

Wow that is so awesomely funny.
"My toad died, I want to trip balls on him though, whats everyone think?"

I say go for it, sounds like it could be your final meeting with him.

--------------------
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

OfflineLuCiDninja
Stranger

Re: My bufo alvarius just died today :( [Re: Tmethyl]
    #18572836 - 07/17/13 07:14 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Tmethyl said:
:canthelpbutlaugh:

Wow that is so awesomely funny.
"My toad died, I want to trip balls on him though, whats everyone think?"

I say go for it, sounds like it could be your final meeting with him.

thanks for the serious response, i appreciate it.
how would you go about this theoretically? since i know your a trusted user with reliable info.
I was thinking just adding the corspe in a sock submerged in xylene and agitiate to pull any actives.

or would you reccomend a standard a/b tek?

OfflineTmethylM
Smear in the shale
 User Gallery

Loc: Florida
Re: My bufo alvarius just died today :( [Re: LuCiDninja] * 1
    #18572848 - 07/17/13 07:17 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Believe it or not I have no experience extracting alkaloids from frogs.
But I would personally grind him up a bit before attempting the extraction, get more surface area.

Hopefully someone with more expertise can chime in.

--------------------
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Loc: Samsara
Re: My bufo alvarius just died today :( [Re: LuCiDninja] * 2
    #18572857 - 07/17/13 07:18 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Well, if you never milked him in all of 5 years and simply treated him like a loved pet, I'd say now is NOT the time to start treating him like anything but a beloved pet.

Say some kind words over him and bury him is a pleasant garden spot if you can.  Pray he is free from suffering and has a fortunate re-birth.  The positive karma you gain will lead you to some far better experience than your deceased toad's alkaloids have to offer.

Sorry for your loss.  :sad:

N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

OfflineLuCiDninja
Stranger

Re: My bufo alvarius just died today :( [Re: Nature Boy]
    #18572888 - 07/17/13 07:26 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

I agree nature boy, i mainly was concerned about possible bad karma or having a bad trip off the 5-meo-dmt he has since it would be coming from him (maybe his ghost form). I was trying to justify my doings with the fact that people eat frogs, use them for bait, and i paid a pretty penny for him and to keep him alive for his happy life, leaving his glands alone his whole life. They were are/were big, im still torn on what to do, sharpen up my theoretical and extraction skill, and in addition a possible trip report dedicated to kermit the bufo. Any other opinions? a sacred burial or a sacred extraction with dedication?

InvisibleTheShroomingAtheis
He's gone....

#18572899 - 07/17/13 07:29 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Man if you loved him as you said you would know the answer...

--------------------
You gotta face the music!

OfflineDeathcore
Stranger

Re: My bufo alvarius just died today :( [Re: TheShroomingAtheis] * 1
    #18572917 - 07/17/13 07:33 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

the earth don't give a fuck about preserving his skin, the bugs will trip and you won't..

at least you didn't milk him while he was alive..

OfflineAgentchewy
Pantheism.
 User Gallery

Loc: vietnam Flag
Re: My bufo alvarius just died today :( [Re: Deathcore] * 1
    #18572931 - 07/17/13 07:36 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

I say you should a bought him a fuck buddy you sex starved him to death

--------------------

If I knew the way, I would take you home.

Offlineweshroom
 User Gallery

Re: My bufo alvarius just died today :( [Re: Agentchewy]
    #18573143 - 07/17/13 08:19 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Do what you feel man. Just be safe and smart, idk if toads release some other chemicals when they die that might be harmful or whatever. Just try to inform yourself on all the variables before you make a decision.

Im sure you loved him, and I think you experiencing his essence at the end of his life is nothing to be ashamed about. Its up to you.

You can always have the opportunity to experience some of those alkaloids without teking your toad. Yopo has many of the same.

:peace:

Offlineblitzd
a Stranger

Re: My bufo alvarius just died today :( [Re: weshroom]
    #18573183 - 07/17/13 08:28 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

awwwww.. :frown: R.I.P.. what was his name?

Offlinenuentoter
conduit
Male User Gallery

Re: My bufo alvarius just died today :( [Re: blitzd] * 2
    #18573252 - 07/17/13 08:42 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

I would go for it. Honor his spirit by consuming the flesh. I would try to trip in a swampy area to allow insight into his natual world. Just my honest opinion. I would stick him on ice until research on if you need to remove any organs first, ie. Bile sack, intestines etc....

--------------------

The geometry of us is no chance. We are antennae, we are tuning forks, we are receiver and transmitters of all energy. We are more than we know.  - @entheolove

"I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way - things I had no words for"  - Georgia O'Keefe

I think the word is vagina

Offlineblitzd
a Stranger

Re: My bufo alvarius just died today :( [Re: nuentoter]
    #18573259 - 07/17/13 08:44 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

nuentoter said:
I would go for it. Honor his spirit by consuming the flesh. I would try to trip in a swampy area to allow insight into his natual world. Just my honest opinion. I would stick him on ice until research on if you need to remove any organs first, ie. Bile sack, intestines etc....

Do that, then save the bones and flame them to a crumble with a torch, then put them in an urn :smile:

InvisibleDakotaap0
Male User Gallery

Re: My bufo alvarius just died today :( [Re: blitzd]
    #18573317 - 07/17/13 08:55 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Sorry man

:hugitout:

--------------------
"We

OfflineStoryTeller
Fun guy
Male

Loc: right behind you
Re: My bufo alvarius just died today :( [Re: blitzd] * 1
    #18573325 - 07/17/13 08:57 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

I think that's pretty fucked up... but then again I've been a reptile/amphibian lover and owner since the age of 3. As a few others have said, do what you feel is right. Make a decision based upon how you perceive the karma to flow. My sincerest apologies for your loss. I know how it feels to lose a scaly/bumpy friend.

--------------------
I am a fictional character written anonymously for the sake of entertainment.

All I know is something like a bird within her sang...

OfflineLuCiDninja
Stranger

Re: My bufo alvarius just died today :( [Re: Tmethyl]
    #18574253 - 07/18/13 12:41 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Tmethyl said:
But I would personally grind him up a bit before attempting the extraction, get more surface area.

Quote:

Tmethyl said:

Oh ya don't say? Well you have experience with bio degradable things, living or once living matter? Same thing right ?
I boiled 750 ml acetic acid with 750 ml water in a pot, with Kermit the Bufo inside of a heavy duty sock, tied up so I couldn't see him at all. Allowed a few hours to boil with lid on, squished and extracted sock with spatula periodically to extract alkaloids. The solution was filtered with poly fill stuffed in a strainer for any random floaters. (Thankfully no bits of Kermit) the solution was a blue-green color and upon adding 150-250 g of lime , the solution turned white on the bottom and bright yellow on the top layer. Now to add xylene. Pics coming tmrw

Offlinemattritt
Mind Chemist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #18574550 - 07/18/13 03:20 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

I would have tried to cut out or cut open the glands in a more surgical manor.  If not to scrape them out then to atleast not use the whole body  Who knows what other fluids you are extracting or what you turned into a fluid by boiling an entire corpse in an acid.  I believe the alkaloids are generally red when milked, you said your liquid was green...

I have no moral qualms with the matter. I think it a good way to honor him, but honestly think you went about it in all the wrong manor.  Why try to extract the whole body??  He's not bark.  The akaloids are all in one spot.  The very smartest thing would have been instantly milking him upon discovery, though I'm sure that wasn't on your mind.

Sorry for your loss, pets are our children and a lot of times our best friends.

--------------------
**Metaphysical Crystal, Stones, Gems, and Minerals**
Every individual reacts differently to every chemical.
Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.
:bongload:  :gethigh:  "You need more THC to your brain, faster." - Drr  :gethigh:  :bongload:

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Loc: Samsara
    #18574670 - 07/18/13 04:35 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Ewww.  That sounds disgusting.  I guess you haven't been following my recent bufotenine thread.  My source is botanical, not animal, and I have good, active product reported upon here:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18542863/page/1

So far I can tell you this...bufotenine as a molecule is not particularly psychedelic.  To me it is a poor quality experience that has not come close to a viable effort/reward ratio. It was upon this basis that I advised to simply bury your pet.

N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

Offlinemattritt
Mind Chemist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: My bufo alvarius just died today :( [Re: Nature Boy]
    #18574768 - 07/18/13 05:54 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Nature Boy, I believe its a misconception that bufotenine is the primary component in their venom.  I believe its 5-MeO-DMT.  Note the book "5-MeO-DMT and the Sonoran Desert Toad".  Though it does sound gross what he did.  I do find it rather curious to trip off of something produced by an entity more sentient than a plant, especially one you had a bond with and a mutual care for.  Also if you could insure it was extracted without any harm or stress.

Also, though I stopped frequenting the nexus long ago.  Fractal Nature use to swear by the psychoactive effects of bufotenine, I talked with him extensively on the chat about it.  Though my one attempt at an extraction was an utter failure.  Never heard any other good experiences either really.  He had a changa tek he swore by which wasnt the method I tried.

--------------------
**Metaphysical Crystal, Stones, Gems, and Minerals**
Every individual reacts differently to every chemical.
Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.
:bongload:  :gethigh:  "You need more THC to your brain, faster." - Drr  :gethigh:  :bongload:

Offlinevladtepes
Radical
Male User Gallery

Loc: new england
Re: My bufo alvarius just died today :( [Re: mattritt]
    #18574825 - 07/18/13 06:31 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

:singletear:

maybe if you trip off him one last time you will get to see him one last time in your intense 5meo trip.

--------------------
“If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on.”
― Terence McKenna

My Trade list

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder