Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblewingnutx

Democrats say Taco bell poll is rigged
    #1854435 - 08/27/03 10:40 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Democrats say Taco bell poll is rigged

San Mateo Daily Journal ^ | August 27, 2003 | Daily Journal wire report

California Democratic Party leaders yesterday blasted the Taco Bell restaurant chain for a sales promotion that counts sales of different menu items as votes in a mock California recall election.

Last week the Mexican-style fast food chain launched the campaign, urging Californians to ?put their vote where their mouth is.? Taco Bell restaurants statewide are tallying each purchase of a crunchy beef taco as a ?vote? for Republican challenger Arnold Schwarzenegger and each purchase of a chicken soft taco as a ?vote? for not recalling Gov. Gray Davis. In the first week of the unofficial poll, ?votes? for any of the remaining 134 candidates could be cast by buying a Grilled Stuft Burrito.

Taco Bell announced the first installment of its Taco Poll results yesterday, in which 54 percent of the votes went to Schwarzenegger and his crunchy beef taco, and just three percent of the votes went to Davis and his chicken soft taco. All other candidates received 43 percent of votes through purchases of the chain?s Grilled Stuft Burrito.

Unhappy with the mock poll results, the chairman of the California Democratic Party, former state Sen. Art Torres said yesterday that ?Taco Bell should stick to making tacos, not rigging elections.?

In a press statement released yesterday, Torres said beef tacos always outsell chicken tacos, which cost twice as much at the restaurant chain. In Sacramento, Torres said, Taco Bell sells beef tacos for 74 cents and chicken tacos for $1.50.

Bob Mulholland, campaign advisor for the California Democratic Party, says the Taco Poll is also ?an investment scam to benefit Schwarzenegger.? He pointed to the actor?s ownership of about $1 million of stock in Pepsico Inc. The company is the former owner of Taco Bell and is still its exclusive soft drink supplier, Mulholland says.

Meanwhile, Taco Bell announced yesterday that after an overwhelming response from consumers to include Lt. Gov. Cruz Bustamante in the Taco Poll, patrons can now ?vote? for Bustamante by purchasing a Chalupa.

Customers can ?vote? as often as they like at more than 1,000 California Taco Bell restaurants until the day before the Oct. 7 special recall election. The results are tallied and released every Tuesday, and can be viewed at www.tacobell.com.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Democrats say Taco bell poll is rigged [Re: wingnutx]
    #1854443 - 08/27/03 10:44 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Some Democrats (well many IMO) have no sense of humor.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
Re: Democrats say Taco bell poll is rigged [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1854652 - 08/27/03 11:46 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Who the hell could take this seriously?

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: Democrats say Taco bell poll is rigged [Re: Sev]
    #1854657 - 08/27/03 11:47 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Morons.

InvisibleAutonomous
MysteriousStranger

Loc: U.S.S.A.
Re: Democrats say Taco bell poll is rigged [Re: wingnutx]
    #1854760 - 08/27/03 12:17 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Oi Vey! These Dumbocraps are fucking stupid.

--------------------
"In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination."
-- Mark Twain

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Democrats say Taco bell poll is rigged [Re: Sev]
    #1854806 - 08/27/03 12:28 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Sev said:
Who the hell could take this seriously? 

Yes, if it had been a serious poll it would have been beef burritos (rep) vs bean burritos (dem) since everyone knows the dems are full of hot air anyway!  :wink:

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
    #1860546 - 08/28/03 08:42 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

zing

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
    #1860904 - 08/28/03 10:06 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Actually I used to work at Taco Bell.If I'm not mistaken,the standard beef burrito contains sour cream which is deployed by guns that use air pressure and would contain more air. Even if your weak attempt at humor held up,you're saying the Republicans are more dense,which I agree with.

Sorry,Luv.You do not pass go.You do not collect $200.

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Re: Democrats say Taco bell poll is rigged [Re: monoamine]
    #1860986 - 08/28/03 10:23 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

did that reach make your arm sore?

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Democrats say Taco bell poll is rigged [Re: afoaf]
    #1861166 - 08/28/03 11:15 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

zzzzzzt

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Re: Democrats say Taco bell poll is rigged [Re: afoaf]
    #1861308 - 08/28/03 11:58 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

did that reach make your arm sore? 

No,but I did throw out my shoulder slapping your mother in the mouth. :blush: 

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1861763 - 08/29/03 03:51 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

While my tenure at a Taco Bell in Denver was about 30 years ago... the standard burrito at that time did not have sour cream. You did however have your choice of either a red or green sauce. The green being the hotter.

The sour cream, I believe, doesn't make it onto a burrito until the "Supreme" class of burritos.

And a a thought, I believe you'll find the air gun uses a piston to propel the sour cream out of the tube, therefore no air actually mixes with the sour cream.

So, go ahead and send me the $200 dollars.

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #1861840 - 08/29/03 05:08 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Wow, congrats.  You win the most unfunny award this morning.

good job :thumbup:

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Democrats say Taco bell poll is rigged [Re: Innvertigo]
    #1861975 - 08/29/03 07:16 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

He tries too hard sometimes.

--------------------

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

#1863484 - 08/29/03 05:27 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

you can't fault him for that, I suppose.

--------------------

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

#1865071 - 08/30/03 05:04 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Hey,your joke wasn't very humerous either. We're having a discussion about burritos for fuck's sake. At least I try to be funny than act like I have stick up my ass all the time,or without insulting people.

And no,I don't try that hard.Usually when I joke around on this board,I'm extremely inebriated. It's almost like a stream of consciousness thing.

--------------------
Douglas Adams

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1865112 - 08/30/03 05:51 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

:lol:

--------------------

Offlinelysergic
Mycophile!
    #1892627 - 09/07/03 11:44 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Hopefully the democrats won't say that taco bell executives who tallied the numbers weren't doing it as a favor to a republican, and have someone hand-count all of the wrappers.

--------------------
In response to an attack killing 15 American Servicemen
PsiloKitten said:
Just give em a little more time, the iraqis are making great progress. And this is unorganized. Wait till they get organized.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Democrats say Taco bell poll is rigged [Re: lysergic]
    #1893025 - 09/08/03 03:00 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Look out for battles over hanging cheese!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals