Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Loc: Samsara
Bufotenine, round two
    #18542863 - 07/11/13 07:27 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

OK...to catch folks up, this is what happened first:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18529680

Because of the liquification issue, bufotenine "changa" was made using B. caapi leaves from Peru.  The dosage was upped to ~12 - 15 mg, depending on how much I actually vaporized and inhaled.  A regular Bic was used.

This time - whether it was the presence of the miniscule amount of MAOI, the inability of the Bufotenine to run away through the screen, the increased dosage, or all three, I must say the results were quite different.

TRIP REPORT

Set and setting were ideal.  Outside in a garden setting, flat light of cloudy morning, rural home, no one present.  The above changa was vaporized in one thick hit of off-white smoke.  Approximately 1 minute later, pressure was felt in the face along with moderate pins and needles.  I suddenly felt hot and sweaty.  Glad there was a bit of breeze.  This was accompanied shortly thereafter by a building pressure or sensation of fullness in the gut (stomach and upper abdomen) as well.  I never felt all that concerned that I would :evilpuke:

There was mild initial panic (totally self-induced, as this was really new ground for me) as the effects took hold, but ultimately, absolutely no mind fuckery, for which I was exceedingly grateful.  If I used my imagination I could convince myself that colors were slightly enhanced and the environment was slightly brightened with open eyes.  There was no racing of thoughts nor real change in the sense of time (I wore a watch).

Behind closed eyes at T + 5 minutes there appeared (as others have written) plentiful thin white (only) "lightning" which was apparent with study...these could have been overlooked if not looked for.  At this time, the body load, especially that in the stomach was clearly diminishing.  With open eyes the air seemed to be filled with very fine grained pixels...like looking at a comic strip, computer or TV screen with a magnifying glass.  Again, you had to INSPECT the environment to appreciate these things...they were not readily apparent.

Finally, as to body load - there was (as oft happens for me with DMT at higher doses) a sense of a whole body novocaine-like numbness.  Nowhere was this more apparent than on the tongue and back of the throat where the smoke had actually been concentrated.  Thus the effect was both TOPICAL as well as systemic.  This was easily noted.  It makes me wonder if there is not some absorption from these surfaces as well as from the lungs, where one would not be expected to have this sensation.

Overall, it is my opinion that there is way too much body load, and way too much time, money, and effort involved in extracting bufotenine to make this molecule  worthwhile to pursue.  So far I'm not seeing the hoped for visuals reported by others. I intend to keep extracting with various methods until my modest amount of materials are exhausted.  If I hit on something particularly effective, I'll report it.  If not, then I'm done exploring this tryptamine.

Indigenous peoples must be getting a different effect, because there is nothing to the psychedelic "up side" that I have so far obtained to justify putting up with the difficulties of preparing this molecule for use.  :shrug:

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

Edited by Nature Boy (07/11/13 01:08 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKief Ledger
Stranger

Re: Bufotenine, round two [Re: Nature Boy]
    #18543013 - 07/11/13 08:29 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Interesting report!

Maybe you should try sublingual or insufflation. 

From Wikipedia:

Ott (2001) [edit] In 2001, ethnobotanist Jonathan Ott published the results of a study in which he self-administered free base bufotenine via insufflation (5–100 mg), sublingually (50 mg), intrarectally (30 mg), orally (100 mg) and via vaporization (2–8 mg). [26] Ott reported “visionary effects" of intranasal bufotenine and that the "visionary threshold dose" by this route was 40 mg, with smaller doses eliciting perceptibly psychoactive effects. He reported that "intranasal bufotenine is throughout quite physically relaxing; in no case was there facial rubescence, nor any discomfort nor disesteeming side effects". At 100 mg, effects began within 5 minutes, peaked at 35–40 minutes, and lasted up to 90 minutes. Higher doses produced effects that were described as psychedelic, such as "swirling, colored patterns typical of tryptamines, tending toward the arabesque". Free base bufotenin taken sublingually was found to be identical to intranasal use. The potency, duration, and psychedelic action was the same. Ott found vaporized free base bufotenin active from 2–8 mg with 8 mg producing "ring-like, swirling, colored patterns with eyes closed". He noted that the visionary effects of insufflated bufotenine were verified by one colleague, and those of vaporized bufotenine by several volunteers. Ott concluded that free base bufotenin taken intranasally and sublingually produced effects similar to those of Yopo without the toxic peripheral symptoms, such as facial flushing, observed in other studies in which the drug was administered intravenously.

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Re: Bufotenine, round two [Re: Kief Ledger]
    #18543117 - 07/11/13 08:57 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Perhaps other routes of administration will have different (and more desirable visual effects) but my dilema is that I have only 280 mg of particularly pure (presumed) bufotenine freebase to work with, and another 600 mg of product from another extraction processed which is as yet completely untried... unless I do additional extractions, which are a time consuming pain in the ass.

Vaporization is far more efficient, with effects at far lower dosages, so the materials I have on-hand will last longer.  I plan on trying this product (whatever it may be) in combination with pre-treatment with an MAOI.  Ott speaks of that and says it enhances things and also (approximately) doubles the efficacy of the bufotenine.

So many experiments, so little time.  :lol:

N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

Offlineflickedbic
Sojourner
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fractalic Fabric
Re: Bufotenine, round two [Re: Kief Ledger]
    #18543148 - 07/11/13 09:05 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Smoak moar.

Bufotenine can be smoked slowly over time; this is in fact the recommended method.  Taking a hit ever few minutes to bump you up without a huge side-effect rush.

Take a vasodialator first.

Eat an MAOI first :smile:

Lay down, close your eyes and cover them with dark cloth (great CEV if you only smoke a little).  Be in a quiet environment, or play the tape of Maria Sabina icaros. 

If in silence, auditory hallucinations are distinct and absolutely amazing.  It can get very, very visual (OEV) if you...  smoak moar.

Quote:

a sense of whole body novocaine-like numbness.

I love that body buzz; it meshes well with the whole hypnogogic experience for me.

*EDIT*
Yes, (pre)treat yourself with MAOI:thumbup:

PS: Good trip report; I look forward to reading of your third trial.  :popcorn:

You may want to get some Lemon essential oil or Ginger root to evade any nausea that may arise (however I hear this is minimal with a pure extraction).

--------------------
Favorite entheogen experiences in descending order:
1)Combo of oral DMT + smoked Bufotenine
2)Amanita (urine drank twice)
3)Mushrooms > Achuma 16"+cid(still need higher dose Achuma)> Cid (still need high dose)
4)Morning Glory-HBWR (+cumin, cinnamon aldehyde adducts) > Methyl chavicol (need more activators)
5)Salvia (need to try quid)

All readable matter in the above post is ficticious... any similarities to real life are purely coincidental.

Blessing.

Edited by flickedbic (07/11/13 09:14 AM)

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Re: Bufotenine, round two [Re: flickedbic]
    #18543224 - 07/11/13 09:27 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Spoken like someone who knows what they are talking about! All excellent suggestions, BTW.  I greatly appreciate the guidance.  I really do not wish to re-invent the wheel, nor do I wish to waste materials, so I will do as you advise.

Again, many thanks!  :super:

Edit:  I neglected to mentioned that at T + 12 minutes I took a second, pretty decent hit, although not as large as the first.  I couldn't sense a change of any kind.  That's why I didn't include it in my OP, but I realize now that that observation IS relevant.  My bad.

N.B.

--------------------

Edited by Nature Boy (07/11/13 09:34 AM)

InvisibleTonydanzawillpay
compared to what

Re: Bufotenine, round two [Re: Nature Boy]
    #18543589 - 07/11/13 11:20 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

I love this and your other bufo report. good stuff

--------------------
Eat everyday

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder