Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineOICU812
NC Tree Farm owner
Male User Gallery

Loc: Foothills of NC Flag
Callistosporium? Xeromphalina? Laccaria?
    #18524071 - 07/07/13 09:18 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Habitat: It's been quite rainy here just west of Charlotte, NC this year and these guys are popping up everywhere.  I decided to look them up in Roody, but nothing seems to be an exact match.  They are growing on the ground and in the cracks of my deck that is shaded by an oak tree. 
Where does it grow? Eg. woods, pasture, state, province, country, altitude, etc. What does it grow on? Eg. soil, dung, wood (dead, living, what kind of wood?), etc.

Gills: Free, white, moderate to well spaced.
Color, attached/not, gills/pores, etc.

Stem: 2.5 cm long x 6-7 mm diameter, surface scurfy and brown, inside fibrous and solid.
Length, diameter, color, texture, hollow/solid, thin/thick, etc.

Cap: 1.5 - 3.5 cm, brown to tan becoming darker with age, flat to concave with age, smooth surface with serrate edges becoming wavy with age. 
Diameter, color, texture, conical/spherical, convex/concave, etc.

Spore print color: White
Very important!

Bruising: None
Color that the mushroom bruises, if any.

Other information: Earthy, common scent.
Scent of the mushroom, anything else you think is important, large close-up pictures showing stem, cap and gills.

--------------------
--------------
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" --Benjamin Franklin

"Those who give up liberty for security won't have, or deserve, either.". . . Benjamin Franklin
----> Read: The Fight of our Lives - Defeating the Ideological War Against the West - by Victor Davis Hanson

Edited by OICU812 (07/07/13 09:30 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineXiliad
Banned from the methadone clinic
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Callistosporium? Xeromphalina? Laccaria? [Re: OICU812]
    #18524100 - 07/07/13 09:27 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Kinda looks like it might be a Marasmius or something.

--------------------
"I cannot begin to unravel the imagery that imposes itself during the finding of an orgasm. I jacked off eight times that night." Alexander Shulgin PIHKAL #20 2CB

InvisibleRan-D
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
Re: Callistosporium? Xeromphalina? Laccaria? [Re: Xiliad]
    #18524516 - 07/07/13 11:24 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

I think it's a Micromphale sp., something like Micromphale foetidum

Edited by Ran-D (07/07/13 11:25 AM)

OfflineOICU812
NC Tree Farm owner
Male User Gallery

Loc: Foothills of NC Flag
Re: Callistosporium? Xeromphalina? Laccaria? [Re: Ran-D]
    #18525851 - 07/07/13 04:14 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Ran-D said:
I think it's a Micromphale sp., something like Micromphale foetidum

Close, very close.  I do wonder about the light margins in picture 1 and the dark stems.

Pictures from: http://www.rogersmushrooms.com/gallery/DisplayBlock~bid~6462.asp

--------------------
--------------
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" --Benjamin Franklin

"Those who give up liberty for security won't have, or deserve, either.". . . Benjamin Franklin
----> Read: The Fight of our Lives - Defeating the Ideological War Against the West - by Victor Davis Hanson

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder