Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleOgla
 User Gallery

wanna make a 10 gallon aquaponics set up
    #18470396 - 06/25/13 03:32 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

and grow some aquaponic coffee to start off.  I got a 10 gallon tank and some left over sprouted coffee beans from WSS that are starting to root in the bag.  I pretty much think i need to get a different pump and make a shelf stand.  Got everything else. Also was thinking of putting it in a little greenhouse on the patio outside. I would do it indoor, but i think it would make my room hot and i cant really put it in the living room.  Maybe the garage.  I was watching some youtube videos and seems pretty simple. Check it out

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSmOakland
 User Gallery

Re: wanna make a 10 gallon aquaponics set up [Re: Ogla]
    #18470438 - 06/25/13 03:46 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Not to burst your bubble, but I highly doubt that you could succeed growing coffee aquaponically.  Do you have any experience growing coffee or with aquaponics?  They guy in the video seems confused- there is not enough light in there to grow any plants that will absorb any significant amount of nitrogen.  I think you should do what he is doing and experiment before you put your coffee in the system (considering that the coffee was probably expensive).  I considered growing coffee some years ago but you need very strict temperature controls.

OfflineSmOakland
 User Gallery

Re: wanna make a 10 gallon aquaponics set up [Re: SmOakland]
    #18470487 - 06/25/13 03:58 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

I just looked into it again.  According to coffeeresearch.com, "Rainy and dry seasons must be well defined, and altitude must be between 1800-3600 feet.  These conditions result in one coffee growing season and one maturation season, usually in the coldest part of autumn."  You might be able to keep the thing alive in an aquaponics system, but it will not fruit.

I recently buried a 55 gallon plastic barrel in the ground.  I plan on filling it with water and putting fish in it.  Every once in a while, I will change out the water and use the spent water on my plants.  You could do the same thing, just do a fish tank instead of a ghetto-rigged pond and water indoor plants as opposed to outdoor.

InvisibleOgla
 User Gallery

Re: wanna make a 10 gallon aquaponics set up [Re: SmOakland]
    #18470494 - 06/25/13 03:59 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

in the least, i would like to get my setup going.  No, i don't have experince with aquaponics or coffee, but id like to learn. would be cool to get my trail and error down now and build experience for the future. aquaponic coffee was just an idea.  learning to grow anything aquaponically would be a fun experience i think.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies