Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Copelandia cyanescens growing experiences
    #1843937 - 08/23/03 06:19 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Well, I lucked up again while shroom hunting and I now am the proud owner of some copelandia cyanescens spores.

I've read the FAQs and I am looking for any first hand experience from some one that has successfully cultivated this species.

I know that to start off I have a hard road ahead as I was unable at the time to use as sterile of precautions in procedure that I used to take the spore print and make the syringe.

If I have to I will learn to use agar to isolate the best strain. Otherwise my plan is to make a mycelium solution using the honey TEK and work out any bugs from there.

Suggestion will be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance and wish me luck.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleph_plus
Malkawian

Loc: Constantinople
Re: Copelandia cyanescens growing experiences [Re: Ekstaza]
    #1844052 - 08/23/03 07:20 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

http://www.mushmush.nl/methods/methodes_nr.php?nr=1
is the first and the best step for cultivating Pans..... 

What i do is;

1- Colonize them on any type of grain as any other cub. strain,

2- For the casing process, i place the colonized grain as the first layer of the casing tray (around 0,5") ,

3- Prepare a dung+straw substrate ant pasturize (sterilize),

4- Place the pasturized (sterilized) dung+straw over the grain layer, (it's better to use a layer of at least 2-3 times thicker  then the garin substrate..) (They colonize 2-3 times faster then grain on straw and poo)

to keep it basic, 0,5" of grain layer and then 1,5-2 inches of dung+straw layer.....

5- Incubate the casing without any non-nutrient layer....

6- When you see that the casings are fully colonized, case it with 50/50...

7- Incubate for a few days till you see the myc. spreading over the top layer....

8- Coldshock the casings....and place into fruiting chamber....

9- Fan the terrarium 1 or 2 more times a day then cubies...

10- Since they are more sensitive to CO2 concentrations, shroomz grow spiningly or too long if there's not enough exchange....

Hope these help..... :smile:

If the spores are wild and you want them to work i guess you have to study agar TEKs.... Or if you blieve that you can spread healthy myc. from the swimming contams in a Honey TEK jar, that could be ok... But Hard!... :smile:

Good Luck!

--------------------

The word truth...... doesn't make any sense..... As if the word sense...... which isn't the truth.........

Edited by ph_plus (08/23/03 07:26 PM)

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: Copelandia cyanescens growing experiences [Re: ph_plus]
    #1844131 - 08/23/03 08:11 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

thanks for the reply and the link. I'm going to go check it out right now.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Invisibledeanofmean
mycophagous

Loc: PNW
Re: Copelandia cyanescens growing experiences [Re: Ekstaza]
    #1844446 - 08/23/03 10:18 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

here is an easy way to start wild spores . wild spore solution
i have sense found that the trick lid isn't necessary, but it was fun to make .
the main idea is that you can germinate spores on cardboard, and most contams like more nutrition .
after the spores germ. transfer to peroxided agar, or a clear liquid culture .
there used to be a grate thread about cardboard and agar around here, but i think it got deleted because, it had the word cubensus, and too many, i i me me my .

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures