Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineCLIT
Stranger
anyone here know how I can get hemp seeds to brew hemp milk?
    #18400851 - 06/11/13 12:43 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

I used to get a pack of 12 quarter gallon boxes of hemp milk on amazon.com. There was a subscription for it a year ago but it just disappeared. It was from a company called Living Harvest. I guess lots of people took advantage of it. It was cheap then. It was around under $40 for a pack of 12 quarter gallons boxes. I think growing hemp is illegal in the U.S. so it is harder to get the hemp seeds domestically.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSmOakland
 User Gallery

Re: anyone here know how I can get hemp seeds to brew hemp milk? [Re: CLIT]
    #18404074 - 06/11/13 04:33 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

In the United States, possession of any part of the species Cannabis sativa is illegal under federal law and state laws in most states.  That includes the seeds.  Your hemp product is probably Canadian.  Ever tried making almond milk?

InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
    #18405312 - 06/11/13 08:38 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

OfflineSmOakland
 User Gallery

Re: anyone here know how I can get hemp seeds to brew hemp milk? [Re: GabbaDj]
    #18407025 - 06/12/13 05:45 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Woah.  Now I'm confused.  The bag in the link has the USDA Organic symbol on it, indicating that they were grown in the US.  I'll have to research this.

OfflineChris893
The Lurker

Re: anyone here know how I can get hemp seeds to brew hemp milk? [Re: SmOakland]
    #18409064 - 06/12/13 03:00 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

I second the whole foods market. Go there into the bulk aisle and get the OG raw shelled hemp seeds. They are about 5.99 a pound. No thc though. Same as the hemp milk brands they sell there. It's a strain of cannabis that has no THC content.

As far as hemp milk; handful of hemp seeds, water, blend in blender. Strain if desired

--------------------
Chris893 Trade List <-- click to see what I have for trade

Looking for <-- click to see if you have something I want

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: anyone here know how I can get hemp seeds to brew hemp milk? [Re: Chris893]
    #18413072 - 06/13/13 11:06 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: anyone here know how I can get hemp seeds to brew hemp milk? [Re: SmOakland]
    #18415348 - 06/13/13 06:44 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

SmOakland said:
In the United States, possession of any part of the species Cannabis sativa is illegal under federal law and state laws in most states.  That includes the seeds.  Your hemp product is probably Canadian.

Partially correct... Hemp seeds and hemp materials are legal to own, possess and consume in the US.
Hemp is illegal to grow in the US. Now that's insanity. So yeah it's probably from Canada.

--------------------

OfflineCLIT
Stranger
Re: anyone here know how I can get hemp seeds to brew hemp milk? [Re: Shroomism]
    #18417155 - 06/14/13 01:44 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

I don't know. I think Living Harvest is based in Oregon. They make hemp milk. Amazon has a couple of seeds for sale but not sure if those are what I need to make my own hemp milk. Also, I have seen a few tea drink products from 7 Eleven that are hemp-based. It's usually from Austria and has a hemp leaf on the cover of the can so I'm surprised these don't get into some kind of trouble. The Living Harvest hemp milk is U.S. produced. Not sure if their production has gotten low due to legal reasons I don't know. Like I said I was able to get their products cheaper on amazon but now it has gotten expensive. I had gotten 12 quarter gallon boxes of their hemp milk for under $40 and now for the same amount is close to $60, if not even higher. Ridiculous. Almond milk is not as nutritious, I've tried it. Walmart sells almond milk. I prefer plant or nut based milk, not animal. Makes me sick consuming lactose. I might be trying some flax seed milk. Amazon has them. Not sure how this will taste as I have tried flax seed before in the form of sprinkling in my cereal and dietary supplement.

Edited by CLIT (06/14/13 01:48 AM)

OfflineGTI337
omnomnomnom
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: idk there are trees and m... Flag
    #18417182 - 06/14/13 01:49 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Just smoke cheap Mexican brick weed and save the seeds.

--------------------
:mushroom2:i am not good with the electric toys.

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Loc: Building 7
    #18417644 - 06/14/13 06:32 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

CLIT said:
I don't know. I think Living Harvest is based in Oregon. They make hemp milk. Amazon has a couple of seeds for sale but not sure if those are what I need to make my own hemp milk. Also, I have seen a few tea drink products from 7 Eleven that are hemp-based. It's usually from Austria and has a hemp leaf on the cover of the can so I'm surprised these don't get into some kind of trouble. The Living Harvest hemp milk is U.S. produced. Not sure if their production has gotten low due to legal reasons I don't know. Like I said I was able to get their products cheaper on amazon but now it has gotten expensive. I had gotten 12 quarter gallon boxes of their hemp milk for under $40 and now for the same amount is close to $60, if not even higher. Ridiculous. Almond milk is not as nutritious, I've tried it. Walmart sells almond milk. I prefer plant or nut based milk, not animal. Makes me sick consuming lactose. I might be trying some flax seed milk. Amazon has them. Not sure how this will taste as I have tried flax seed before in the form of sprinkling in my cereal and dietary supplement.

Your real concern should be you are still eating cereal.  I quit that crap and am convinced it had really made me sick for quite some time.  Wheat in particular.  Yet I used to eat a ton of it.

As for the hemp milk, they sell the Living Harvest here in Oregon at our Fred Meyers in the organic area.  I have used a lot of it some has a lot of sugar.  The chocolate is actually quite good but of course has sugar too.  Oh sorry organic evaporated cane juice.  Sure.

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

OfflineCLIT
Stranger
    #19044281 - 10/28/13 04:09 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah. Isn't marijuana sort of legal now in the U.S. with prescription? So I guess hemp seeds should be easy to get.

Quote:

SmOakland said:
Woah.  Now I'm confused.  The bag in the link has the USDA Organic symbol on it, indicating that they were grown in the US.  I'll have to research this.

OfflineCLIT
Stranger
Re: anyone here know how I can get hemp seeds to brew hemp milk? [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #19044300 - 10/28/13 04:16 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

I don't use animal milk on my cereal. I think cow milk was making me sick, now the sick feeling is gone. Since hemp milk is expensive and mostly online, I've been using almond or coconut milk. Not into soy. How is wheat bad for you? Can't think of what to eat for breakfast now. LOL. Oatmeal? How is wheat bad for you? Some cereals aren't made of wheat and they always have a side note on the cereal box: "manufactured on equipment that processes wheat". Is there an allergen to wheat? Peanut products usually have these types of notices.

The Living Harvest hemp milk I had was "unsweetened".

Quote:

LunarEclipse said:
Quote:

CLIT said:

Your real concern should be you are still eating cereal.  I quit that crap and am convinced it had really made me sick for quite some time.  Wheat in particular.  Yet I used to eat a ton of it.

As for the hemp milk, they sell the Living Harvest here in Oregon at our Fred Meyers in the organic area.  I have used a lot of it some has a lot of sugar.  The chocolate is actually quite good but of course has sugar too.  Oh sorry organic evaporated cane juice.  Sure.

Edited by CLIT (11/03/13 01:37 AM)

OfflineFlusH
Random person on Internet

Loc: Bizzaro World
    #19077702 - 11/02/13 11:12 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

These are good producers.  They are canadian, but I dont think there would be any issues sending this over the border.

http://manitobaharvest.com/category/13/Hemp-Hearts.html#trail

Offlinecmspice
Stranger
Re: anyone here know how I can get hemp seeds to brew hemp milk? [Re: FlusH]
    #19090142 - 11/05/13 01:23 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

In LA it's impossible to walk into a store that doesn't have hemp milk. Any health food store should have it for a fairly reasonable price (like what you were paying on amazon).

--------------------
have: blue, brown, pink, yellow, elm, king oyster, reishi, nameko, black poplar, shaggy mane, PESA

want: ABM, ganoderma spp., straw mushroom, exotic pleurotus species, ethno cuttings/seeds.

OfflineCLIT
Stranger
Re: anyone here know how I can get hemp seeds to brew hemp milk? [Re: cmspice]
    #19108932 - 11/09/13 03:03 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Los Angeles or Louisiana? Well if it's CA then it's because the Living Harvest brand is based north of CA (Oregon). CA has every international type food you could think of as well. Everything goes through CA. I miss CA.

Quote:

cmspice said:
In LA it's impossible to walk into a store that doesn't have hemp milk. Any health food store should have it for a fairly reasonable price (like what you were paying on amazon).

Offlinecmspice
Stranger
    #19109731 - 11/09/13 09:54 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah Los Angeles hehe. We have a lot of health food stores here... It's funny watching the conventional grocery stores hop onto the band wagon as well.

--------------------
have: blue, brown, pink, yellow, elm, king oyster, reishi, nameko, black poplar, shaggy mane, PESA

want: ABM, ganoderma spp., straw mushroom, exotic pleurotus species, ethno cuttings/seeds.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: anyone here know how I can get hemp seeds to brew hemp milk? [Re: cmspice]
    #19119632 - 11/11/13 09:45 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Hempoilcanada

Is the best online vendor i've found (in Canada) - really good product, customer service and prices.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineCLIT
Stranger
Re: anyone here know how I can get hemp seeds to brew hemp milk? [Re: PDU]
    #19124197 - 11/12/13 12:09 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

PDU is it better than poppy oil? I haven't tried poppy oil or hemp oil. Not sure what they are for. LOL.

Offlinehidenseek1
Its got all the dinks.
Loc: poop
    #19178292 - 11/23/13 10:10 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

yesterday i bought some hemp seeds to make hemp milk, and some coconut water

the hemp milk im digging, its a bit bland by itself, but i love the nutty taste it gives my coffee

the coconut water i think taste disgusting, but i woke up in the middle of the night and there was a open can of that orange concentrate shit in the fridge, so i mixed one part of that with 1&1/2 coconut water and 1&1/2 normal water and it made the shit taste like real orange juice

i dont know if it was the couple glasses of coconut water or the couple glasses of hemp milk i drank yesturday, but i woke up feeling great this morning, i havent woken up feeling good in months

--------------------
You can drink at 7 A.M., because the Beastie Boys fought for that right
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
pons asinorum
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
lsd and the vietnam war changed music forever

OfflineCLIT
Stranger
Re: anyone here know how I can get hemp seeds to brew hemp milk? [Re: hidenseek1]
    #19203608 - 11/29/13 04:47 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

are those Manitoba Harvest "hemp hearts" really just hemp seeds? How do they taste like? I think U.S. brands like Nutiva and Living Harvest pretty much sells hemp seeds as well. Not sure if I should go the Manitoba route as it might get scrutinized by customs or not since it would have to cross borders.

Some are labeled "raw". Are they trying to say some are "cooked"? Although the "raw" version mentioned to eat it straight out of the bag.

Edited by CLIT (11/29/13 04:50 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies