Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKingCloyster
Forest Mushroom ๐Ÿ„
Male User Gallery

Loc: Quetico, Canada
Just bought an AA sterilizer on ebay for only 150$. Gotta be some defects?
    #18371651 - 06/05/13 08:49 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Somehow, an AA sterilizer went unnoticed on ebay, or so I think so, and remained at the 40 dollar range until the last few seconds, then to secure my spot I increased my max bidding amount to 151.02 with about 5 seconds left... Im glad I did so, because someone had the same idea, bidding 148.83 at the same time as me... The auction ended at 150.73, with me being the winner. My heart about jumped out my chest when I saw how close it was :eek:

Supposedly the item was new, but not in its original packaging, and had a few light scratches.... Could this really be what kept the price of the auction down for so long or is there something wrong with it that im just not noticing or a piece missing maybe? 

It hard to believe that a few dings could keep the price down on this beautiful AA sterilizer. :confused:

Here is the link to the item listing and I will post more pictures when Ive recieved it...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/All-American-Electric-Sterilizer-14-5-quart-970-00-/380652878751?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&nma=true&si=t%252BD8L7yBo6Q66B%252BN8%252Fhg7j%252BbMQk%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

btw i think its 14.5 quarts 13.75 amps... what do the different
amperage ranges i noticed do?  13.75 seemed fairly high for a 15 liter.

Maybe its a 25 quart and the dude didnt know?

Anyways Ive got my fingers crossed that this was a good purchase. :thumbup:

--------------------
:sporedrop::sporedrop::mushdance::mushdance::sporedrop::sporedrop:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: Just bought an AA sterilizer on ebay for only 150$. Gotta be some defects? [Re: KingCloyster]
    #18371671 - 06/05/13 08:58 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

i seen this same ebay item posted yesterday so someone else from here was looking at it.

or maybe it was you and you just posted a new topic idk.

I mentioned in the other thread that its really hard to tell, i cant find any information in that page as its laid it so badly and cluttered with crap, no wonder nobody paid attention to it.

Hopefully it is just a few scratches, just hope that the scratch pictured is not a fracture.

any structural weekness in a pressure cooker could be potentially dangerous. Things that run under great pressure can tend to go bang.

as for the amperage, does it run on 110v or 240v? just checked the pic its 120v which would mean higher amperage compared to its 240v model.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

OfflineWolfieNuke
Professional Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington, US Flag
Re: Just bought an AA sterilizer on ebay for only 150$. Gotta be some defects? [Re: KingCloyster]
    #18371678 - 06/05/13 09:02 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Great deal... you got lucky. Even if it needs some repair parts (hopefully not), it was a steal!

InvisibleTranscendingLife
I Don't Need a Life to Live
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Just bought an AA sterilizer on ebay for only 150$. Gotta be some defects? [Re: WolfieNuke]
    #18371791 - 06/05/13 09:46 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Yea. That's a steal.
I had to pay around $500 for my old AA 925X.
But it works well.
AA's are quite resilient.

--------------------
AMU: We Quickly Answer Questions Here
"One must accept the probability of failure to experience the elation of success." - TranscendingLife
โ€œA man of genius makes no mistakes; his errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery.โ€ - James Joyce
:sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop::wow:How I Do EVERYTHING:wow::sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop:
"Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heartโ€ฆ. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."- Carl Jung
"Anything that can be done chemically can be done by other means."- William S. Burroughs
"You are as dead now as you will ever be" - Seth

OfflineKingCloyster
Forest Mushroom ๐Ÿ„
Male User Gallery

Re: Just bought an AA sterilizer on ebay for only 150$. Gotta be some defects? [Re: veda_sticks]
    #18371843 - 06/05/13 10:04 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

veda_sticks said:
i seen this same ebay item posted yesterday so someone else from here was looking at it.

or maybe it was you and you just posted a new topic idk.

I mentioned in the other thread that its really hard to tell, i cant find any information in that page as its laid it so badly and cluttered with crap, no wonder nobody paid attention to it.

Hopefully it is just a few scratches, just hope that the scratch pictured is not a fracture.

any structural weekness in a pressure cooker could be potentially dangerous. Things that run under great pressure can tend to go bang.

as for the amperage, does it run on 110v or 240v? just checked the pic its 120v which would mean higher amperage compared to its 240v model.

Yeah it was me. I posted it yesterday and quickly hid it realizing I may have a sweet deal. 

It's the 120v model and hopefully it does not go bang, I know these things gotta be made strong. I'm going to inspect it thoroughly the day I get it for cracks, whatever, post sum pics, get shroomerys opinion, then finally test it out

--------------------

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #18371852 - 06/05/13 10:06 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

I tested mine out outside :hehehe:
That way if it blew up I'd just have to deal with my neighbours being all :wtf:

--------------------
"One must accept the probability of failure to experience the elation of success." - TranscendingLife
โ€œA man of genius makes no mistakes; his errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery.โ€ - James Joyce
:sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop::wow:How I Do EVERYTHING:wow::sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop:
"Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heartโ€ฆ. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."- Carl Jung
"Anything that can be done chemically can be done by other means."- William S. Burroughs

OfflineKingCloyster
Forest Mushroom ๐Ÿ„
Male User Gallery

#18371870 - 06/05/13 10:10 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Haha plug it in and dip!

If worse comes to worse, ill return it or open a case with ebay to get my money back

--------------------

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #18371884 - 06/05/13 10:16 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Or just sell it on CL for $200.
man, I'm in a mood today

--------------------

Invisiblestonesun
Sclerotia Aficionado
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 64ยบ08'00"N 21ยบ56'00"W
Trusted Cultivator
    #18371896 - 06/05/13 10:19 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

KingCloyster said:

It's a AA25X.
It's 25qt liquid capacity.
The inner basket is the 14.5qt, so yes, dude is a dumbass.
It was a great buy!:yesnod:

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Just bought an AA sterilizer on ebay for only 150$. Gotta be some defects? [Re: stonesun]
    #18371910 - 06/05/13 10:24 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Good seeing ya :stonesun:

You can fit 10 jars in the sterilizer w/out the inner basket.
7 on the bottom, 3 laid on their sides on top of those 7.

--------------------

OfflineKingCloyster
Forest Mushroom ๐Ÿ„
Male User Gallery

Re: Just bought an AA sterilizer on ebay for only 150$. Gotta be some defects? [Re: stonesun]
    #18371931 - 06/05/13 10:29 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

stonesun said:
Quote:

KingCloyster said:

It's a AA25X.
It's 25qt liquid capacity.
The inner basket is the 14.5qt, so yes, dude is a dumbass.
It was a great buy!:yesnod:

The seller just message me back and said the scratches are the only known defects :grin:

Fuckin A... Can't wait to test this baby out.

Hopefully all the parts are there I dont see any missing
in the pic

--------------------

Edited by KingCloyster (06/05/13 11:20 AM)

OfflineBloodKil
Mangler av era mรถdrar slida
 User Gallery

#18372916 - 06/05/13 02:18 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

I'd be careful testing a pc outdoors nowadays...  lol.  Shady neighbors could call the cops just from seeing one, but imagine if it actually blew...  better be cool with your neighborhood or you will be answering more questions than you care to from the local police...  (not to mention the possible home search that they would likely attempt to do even if it looked like you were on the level.)

OfflineKingCloyster
Forest Mushroom ๐Ÿ„
Male User Gallery

Banning pressure cookers [Re: BloodKil]
    #18373348 - 06/05/13 03:59 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/best-and-brightest-college-students-sign-petition-to-ban-pressure-cookers-video_04302013

Just happen to stumble upon this unfortunate internet article.  Anyone seen this? :confused:

Also do u think one test would do it? Or would it slowly become more hazardous as I used it? I've never used a pc/autoclave so I don't know what is really safe to do and to not do with my autoclave

--------------------

Edited by KingCloyster (06/05/13 09:45 PM)

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: Banning pressure cookers [Re: KingCloyster]
    #18373365 - 06/05/13 04:04 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Looks like you got a great deal :-)

13.75 amps draw shouldnt be a problem, well im not to familar with US electrics in homes, but in the UK a double socket is rated at usually to safely supply 20 amps.

And the breakers are usually much higher than that. I remember back when i worked for a pa company we would run entire pas of double sockets in venues with no seperate 32 amp and 64 amp 3 phase supplys. we were drawing about 16 amps usually.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #18373373 - 06/05/13 04:05 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

KingCloyster said:
http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/best-and-brightest-college-students-sign-petition-to-ban-pressure-cookers-video_04302013

Just happen to stumble upon this unfortunate internet article.  Can anyone confirm this? :confused:

Also do u think one test would do it? Or would it slowly become more hazardous as I used it? I've never used a pc/autoclave so I don't know what is really safe to do and to not do with my autoclave

That's way off topic for this thread. I wouldn't worry about a PC ban. That's just crazy talk.

You can cook, can or sterilize with a PC. Follow the directions and keep up on the maintenance and it's no more dangerous than any other kitchen appliance.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Banning pressure cookers [Re: FooMan]
    #18373374 - 06/05/13 04:06 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

BTW- Great deal OP :thumbup:

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

OfflineKingCloyster
Forest Mushroom ๐Ÿ„
Male User Gallery

Re: Banning pressure cookers [Re: FooMan]
    #18373433 - 06/05/13 04:18 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

FooMan said:
Quote:

KingCloyster said:

Just happen to stumble upon this unfortunate internet article.  Can anyone confirm this? :confused:

That's way off topic for this thread. I wouldn't worry about a PC ban. That's just crazy talk.

You can cook, can or sterilize with a PC. Follow the directions and keep up on the maintenance and it's no more dangerous than any other kitchen appliance.

Lol sorry bout that, was replying to Bloodkill and his opinion on pressure cooker paranoia...  I watched the video posted underneath tho. That bitch isn't convincing anyone. She blames the pressure cookers alone for the Boston bombings... Yeah okayyyy. :stoned:

--------------------

OfflineKingCloyster
Forest Mushroom ๐Ÿ„
Male User Gallery

testing pc [Re: KingCloyster]
    #18373463 - 06/05/13 04:22 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Anybody care to drop me a testing technique? Highest setting for 30 minutes running off a 100 foot extension cord in the woods? :wink:

--------------------

OfflineBloodKil
Mangler av era mรถdrar slida
 User Gallery

Re: testing pc [Re: KingCloyster]
    #18373667 - 06/05/13 05:00 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

I was half joking/half serious due to the paranoia and outright idiocy of those out there that are now afraid of pc....

My only point being if it were damaged and you tested it, there would likely be a big boom...  In today's call the cops for every little thing society that might not bode well.

You could probably have it professionally tested and with the cash you saved would still be ahead from the deal you got.... 

Call aa themselves and see how much they charge or look it up online...  better safe than sorry, as a blown pc could seriously hurt you.

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #18373815 - 06/05/13 05:26 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

KingCloyster said:
Quote:

FooMan said:
Quote:

KingCloyster said:

Lol sorry bout that, was replying to Bloodkill and his opinion on pressure cooker paranoia...  I watched the video posted underneath tho. That bitch isn't convincing anyone. She blames the pressure cookers alone for the Boston bombings... Yeah okayyyy. :stoned:

No problem. I didn't even read BK's post above yours, that suddenly made your post make a lot more sense. I was just skimming the thread and saw your link and that you had changed the thread topic to "Banning pressure cookers" and I thought you were really freaking out about it. No harm, no foul.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale