Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinexbloodwhipx

Amphetamine cravings * 1
    #18367439 - 06/04/13 12:40 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

I havent taken amphetamines in like 4 or 5 days, but im craving them so fucking bad. Every 5 minutes i get this intense feeling where i want them and i feel like i would do anything to get them, i NEED THEM NOW... All i can think about is amphs, all i have to do is go into my bottle of adderall, or my vyvanse.... GOD its driving me insane!

How the FUCK can i quit thinking about amphetamines? I cant throw away my bottles, i just cant. I want to but i cant.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesmack
Observer
Male

Loc: Land of the Ice and Snow Flag
Re: Amphetamine cravings [Re: xbloodwhipx] * 3
    #18367457 - 06/04/13 12:45 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Amphetamine cravings are a mixture of compulsive habituation and dopamine deficiency.

My advice, every time you get a craving, replace it with something else. Preferably not an activity centered on dopamine reward. My go-to is working out, even if it's just some push-ups in your room. It will give your brain some endorphins to elevate your mood while also teaching your brain to break it's compulsive habit.

--------------------
14:31

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

Re: Amphetamine cravings [Re: xbloodwhipx]
    #18367464 - 06/04/13 12:47 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

I'm having similar problems with tar right now.
Idk if meth is the kind of thing you can ease yourself off of? It sounds like this is a relatively serious problem you've got goin.

No one wants to hear this but mayyybe you could benefit from some help? :shrug:

OfflineIts Pat
Still kicking
 User Gallery

Loc: THAT MAKES ME BETTER THAN YOU
Re: Amphetamine cravings [Re: Psilosopherr]
    #18367584 - 06/04/13 01:22 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

I'm more than happy taking an adderall every now and then to get my ass going. Really helped me when I was coming off of a months use of Xanax everyday, 2mg no more.  They actually made me feel normal and it felt like I had the clarity and drive/ambition to get stuff done.  As opposed to getting what Hunter S Thompson would refer to as "THE FEAR" where you wish not leave the comfort and security of your residence.

I'm motivated in seeking out a doctor for some adderall to finally conquer my ADHD so I can get a move along with my life.  I have no desire to abuse these drugs.

Truthfully I've never experienced Cravings with Benzos or Amphetamines, only the Narcotic Pain Killers.

I went too many days taking Xanax over the past month; going 3-5 days of dosing, taking a day or two off and doing another 3-5 days of Xanax use.  Well last week when I went to take my weekend off of Xanax I started finally kicking them.  Very, very mild WD not even comparable to kicking Poppy Pods and Suboxone... Childs-Play in comparison but a bummer non the less.

But This latest kick hasn't produced any Cravings for Benzos which I'm not surprised with.  Wouldn't necessarily call it an addiction to Xanax but more or less a dependence.  Sounds weird I know but that's how it is with me.

--------------------

BigUpRadio
WorldReggaeShow
DreaderThanDread - Listen!
(druqs said) don't get arsey, just get RC.

Offline28064212
Special Agent Dale Cooper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Twin Peaks
    #18367607 - 06/04/13 01:27 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Do you have a script? Seems like me most users do.
I once heard adderall caused muscle deterioration/weakness. Maybe a good time for me to stop with my broken wrist.

--------------------

OfflinePsychedelicScience
Peace Seeker
 User Gallery

Loc: Astral Realm.
Re: Amphetamine cravings [Re: Its Pat]
    #18367665 - 06/04/13 01:39 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Its Pat said:
I'm more than happy taking an adderall every now and then to get my ass going. Really helped me when I was coming off of a months use of Xanax everyday, 2mg no more.  They actually made me feel normal and it felt like I had the clarity and drive/ambition to get stuff done.  As opposed to getting what Hunter S Thompson would refer to as "THE FEAR" where you wish not leave the comfort and security of your residence.

I'm motivated in seeking out a doctor for some adderall to finally conquer my ADHD so I can get a move along with my life.  I have no desire to abuse these drugs.

Truthfully I've never experienced Cravings with Benzos or Amphetamines, only the Narcotic Pain Killers.

I went too many days taking Xanax over the past month; going 3-5 days of dosing, taking a day or two off and doing another 3-5 days of Xanax use.  Well last week when I went to take my weekend off of Xanax I started finally kicking them.  Very, very mild WD not even comparable to kicking Poppy Pods and Suboxone... Childs-Play in comparison but a bummer non the less.

But This latest kick hasn't produced any Cravings for Benzos which I'm not surprised with.  Wouldn't necessarily call it an addiction to Xanax but more or less a dependence.  Sounds weird I know but that's how it is with me.

Yea I don't see how people get addicted to them. I took benzos 4x a day for and no withdrawal. I take opiods for a month straight and your hooked! lol

Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
Re: Amphetamine cravings [Re: PsychedelicScience]
    #18367683 - 06/04/13 01:44 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

you did this to yourself. every thread, amphetamines.

here is some advise. stop using, and stop putting amps on a pedestal.

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

Re: Amphetamine cravings [Re: akira_akuma]
    #18367732 - 06/04/13 01:54 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

easier said than done. don't be naive

Offlineakira_akuma

Re: Amphetamine cravings [Re: Psilosopherr] * 2
    #18367741 - 06/04/13 01:56 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

yeah, once you do those thing, of course it's hard to stop. that's why you don't do them.

i see plenty of other people using amps, and not being so ... disturbed, by them. obviously, it's not for the OP.

yeah,... i know i shouldn't say anything, i'm just some guy... but if OP is asking for any advise, the best i'd say... is to forget about calling it cravings... just call it what it is; your body creating an issue because it wants to feel at tip top shape.

the body and mind has two ways of dealing with things... a: avoidance and b: acceptance

pain and pleasure.

OP's body just thinks that's in pain because it's not in pleasure, because it's used to overstimulation. try taking the acceptance out of the equation, and just think of it as your body telling you that you fucked up, and then don't do anymore speed, and stay the fuck off of it, until you can cope.

OP probably won't do that though.

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
    #18367745 - 06/04/13 01:57 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

xbloodwhipx said:
I havent taken amphetamines in like 4 or 5 days, but im craving them so fucking bad. Every 5 minutes i get this intense feeling where i want them and i feel like i would do anything to get them, i NEED THEM NOW... All i can think about is amphs, all i have to do is go into my bottle of adderall, or my vyvanse.... GOD its driving me insane!

How the FUCK can i quit thinking about amphetamines? I cant throw away my bottles, i just cant. I want to but i cant.

Eat lots of food, get plenty of sleep. Also do things that naturally get your blood pumping-- exercise, and lots of it. Supplements (especially B-vitamins and L-tyrosine) should help too. Finally, abstain from alcohol. This is the hardest part for me :drunk: because alcohol strongly exacerbates amphetamine cravings, but it can't be avoided as easily.

I'm six days no amphetamine myself, it sucked at first but it's starting to get better. My RX is even overdue by now but I'm gonna go drug-free for another few days. It's nice to be spontaneous and creative a few times a year. :dancing:

Edited by Sophistic Radiance (06/04/13 02:02 PM)

Invisiblesmack
Observer
Male

Re: Amphetamine cravings [Re: akira_akuma]
    #18367748 - 06/04/13 01:57 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

People react differently to different drugs.

When I smoke meth, I can't stop.

--------------------

Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

#18367764 - 06/04/13 02:02 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Alcohol and weed always helped for me back when I used to do amphetamines.

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

Offlineakira_akuma

Re: Amphetamine cravings [Re: smack]
    #18367770 - 06/04/13 02:03 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

smack said:
People react differently to different drugs.

When I smoke meth, I can't stop.

that's most people man.

me, i can't stop either... i mean, i've only done Meth once, on purpose, (twice if you count getting in E once)... so you see, my point is... no matter what, it's being reinforced as a more acceptable thing, by keeping on doing it. i mean, do as much as you want... stay up for days on end... just after that trip, and recovering a little bit... i don't see how you couldn't stop yourself from not putting yourself in that position again. if you're not under the influence of any drugs, then; then you can probably tell yourself to simply not ingest the drug. willpower.
then your body will start accepting it's original "pain threshold" again, if you wanna put it that way... or in other words, you'll stop feeling like shit, for not being overstimulated, and then you can aim to not get overstimulated like that again, for your bodies sake.

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

Re: Amphetamine cravings [Re: nicechrisman]
    #18367779 - 06/04/13 02:05 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

So apparently you should try going back in time and not touching it?

Offlineakira_akuma

Re: Amphetamine cravings [Re: Psilosopherr]
    #18367784 - 06/04/13 02:06 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

rbalzer said:
So apparently you should try going back in time and not touching it?

no, just stop making threads about everytime you fuck up and do it again; making you paranoid again, and having you start posting more threads about it.

God, you people "help" like a wolf helps a squirrel. you act like since he's "gone over to the dark side" the only things that can help the guy get over his issues, is to do some kind of counter-acting drugs, or maybe to "control" himself... when from every post i can see, it's obviously that one usually cannot, while taking an addictive substance, hence the stance on the subject in the first place.

i'm merely saying this is BULLSHIT.

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: Amphetamine cravings [Re: xbloodwhipx] * 2
    #18367795 - 06/04/13 02:07 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

OP, didn't you used to typically take 120mg doses of vyvanse? You should probably avoid that kind of dosing once (if) you go back to the pill bottle. I like to call dexedrine "The Devil's Skittles" because you're handing yourself over to him when you take more than two at once. You really only need like 10mg, dude. Seriously, trust me on this one. Even I have trouble believing it sometimes, but it's true. More than that is generally not going to help you unless you've driven up your tolerance through weeks of consecutive use or sheer exhaustion/sleep deprivation.

Offlineakira_akuma

Re: Amphetamine cravings [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #18367801 - 06/04/13 02:09 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

good advise.

OfflineBeanhead
IS IRONIC PARADOX
 User Gallery

Loc: Geospatial inversion.
    #18367924 - 06/04/13 02:34 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

xbloodwhipx said:

I don't.

After first time use, even with 8 months of sobriety the thought of amphetamines still crossed my mind once in a while. Not exactly cravings but it's always lurking :smile:

Just had a month binge, been of them for a week now. After being thoroughly addicted to them years ago I just don't see the joy anymore in extended use and have no issues staying of them anymore; not worth the tolerance spike!

Taking breaks is key man :cool: just suck it up and think about how good you'll feel next time :awedance:

Go do something that occupies your mind or body!

Edited by Beanhead (06/04/13 02:34 PM)

Invisiblesmack
Observer
Male

Re: Amphetamine cravings [Re: Beanhead]
    #18367949 - 06/04/13 02:38 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

When I quit meth and heroin simultaneously, I found the meth cravings occurred much more frequently, but heroin cravings were more intense.

--------------------

Offlinexbloodwhipx

Re: Amphetamine cravings [Re: smack]
    #18368067 - 06/04/13 03:02 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Alright, i went to the store and got some ephedra (65mg) caffiene (200mg) pills. I took 2 of them, they seem to be helping with the cravings because im getting some stimulation. Im about to smoke a cig.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds