Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleBrainFarmer
Farmicist

Loc: lounging betwixt lobes...
closet terrarium * 1
    #1836271 - 08/21/03 05:10 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

has anyone ever turned an entire closet into a grow chamber? my sister was thinking of sticking a humidifier and a hepa filter in there and just throwing the casings on the built in shelves.

thanx!

BF

--------------------
Gate Gate Paragate Parasamgate Bodhisvah

Formula: 0

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMsPacMan
Stranger

Loc: Florida, USA
Re: closet terrarium [Re: BrainFarmer]
    #1836320 - 08/21/03 06:15 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

thats what i do. my hallway closet is my "grow room". the built in racks are very helpfull. i put a fan on the top one and face it down and put all the mushrooms i want dried on the rack below it, then the terrarium below that. when i want to exchange oxygen in the terrarium, i just slide the lid off and turn the fan on. its quite an intricate process....
de

InvisibleBrainFarmer
Farmicist

Loc: lounging betwixt lobes...
Re: closet terrarium [Re: MsPacMan]
    #1836364 - 08/21/03 06:46 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

what my sister is talking about is actually using the closet AS a large terrarium, so the entire volume of air within the closet is being cleaned/humidified and the casing are sitting directly on the shelf- no aquariums or rubbermaids.

--------------------
Gate Gate Paragate Parasamgate Bodhisvah

Formula: 0

OfflineTripplebeam
Stranger
    #1836394 - 08/21/03 07:03 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

not totaly sure but i think that you wuldporbaly have contam problems even with the hepa filter, the whole closet is just gonn be to hard to get sterile, contams are hidding in the cracks an all the paces that your not gonn be able to get to. maybe you could first line it with a sheet of plastic that would also help out with the humidty, but the you still have the door, every time you open it yur taking a risk. but like i said im still new at this and ot sure if what im saying is even right. good luck man.

OfflineMsPacMan
Stranger

Loc: Florida, USA
Re: closet terrarium [Re: Tripplebeam] * 1
    #1836875 - 08/21/03 10:57 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

no matter how many ionic filters you have in there, every time you open the door, the suction of the room will pull dust and air in. your better off to get a bunch of terrariums and put them in the closet

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
    #1836909 - 08/21/03 11:09 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

It's possible if you have the right materials/setup. like what tripplebeam said, your probabaly gonna have to line the closet with plastic, since the trapped humidity may cause mildew/mold in there, you'll need some sort of fresh(and clean) source of air as well. I say you should have a setup of shelving (on wheels) that can fit into the closet, this can then be covered in plastic tarp and used as a large terrarium.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies