Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineEdge
I like plants

Loc: Machu Pichu
eating fresh shrooms
    #1835889 - 08/21/03 12:14 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

alright, some people i know want to celebrate for a special occasion, and there is a grower i know that is supplyhing himself and them. however, they won't be dry, most likely they will be "pick and eat". they were wondering if the effects would be remarkably stronger than dried ones. also, could somebody try to explain how much stronger they'll be from their experiences.

each person will be taking 1-1.5 grams or so. they're grown on 1/2 pint brf cakes, and will either be mazatapecs or tasmanias. thanks.

--------------------
Check Out My "A Report w/ pics and links--FAE, RH, Casings, Cakes, Polyfil, And A Simple Setup And More!"

"For every action there is a reaction; and a Paykie reaction, is quite a fuckin thing"
--Turkish of Snatch

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: eating fresh shrooms [Re: Edge]
    #1835913 - 08/21/03 12:24 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Fresh shrooms tend to be more potent then dried shrooms, but if the shrooms are dried properly, one should notice very little loss in poentcy.

If you plan on eating fresh shrooms, you have to eat a whole hell of a lot more in weight then if you consume dry. 1 - 1.5 grams of fresh shrooms won't afftect you in any way shape or form. You need to take more a long the lines of 15 grams. Check out the magic mushroom dosage calculator. It'll give you a fairly decent estimate of how much fresh mushrooms you should ingest. http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/12195

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

InvisibleTremor1127
Mental Member
Male

Loc: In a Van Down By the Rive...
Post deleted by Administrator [Re: djd586]
    #1836021 - 08/21/03 01:31 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

OfflineOook
Oook!

Loc: England
Re: eating fresh shrooms [Re: Tremor1127]
    #1836162 - 08/21/03 03:13 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

djd586 is right about what he says about potency, its quite often if they are dried incorrectly that they will be noticeably weaker which is unlikely

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
    #1836545 - 08/21/03 08:53 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

also, a lot of people have problems trying to stomach fresh shrooms. I for one can't eat fresh anymore, they give uncomfortable stomach ache and gas. I like to sip on tea.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

OfflineTheHobbit
Pot Head Pixie

Loc: the Oily Way...
Re: eating fresh shrooms [Re: soochi]
    #1836562 - 08/21/03 09:01 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I prefer fresh waaaaaaaaaay more, just from the perspective of taste; when dried, they become so nasty, but you can always put 'em in some peanut butter.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #1836657 - 08/21/03 09:35 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

> they won't be dry, most likely they will be "pick and eat".

This is one of the best ways, IMO. Pick a bunch of fresh ones, drop them in a blender with some OJ and a bit of sugar and a few ice cubes. Pour out enough for each person.

> they were wondering if the effects would be remarkably stronger than dried ones.

Not a lot, but a bit. I found that 3g dry would equate to about 20g wet. Most claim that only 8% to 10% of the wet mushroom is not water.

> also, could somebody try to explain how much stronger they'll be from their experiences.

If I wanted a 2g dry experience with wet, I would take just under 20g wet... probably 15g or so...

> each person will be taking 1-1.5 grams or so

Remember, when they are dry they lose about 90% of the weight. Taking 1 to 1.5g wet will do nothing. Taking 10 to 15g wet, for me, will give a nice high level 2 to mid level 3 depending on tolerance.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Anonymous

Re: eating fresh shrooms [Re: Seuss]
    #1836681 - 08/21/03 09:50 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I usually eat 35 grams of fresh mushrooms and they seem to be more visual and the trip seems to last 8 hours instead of the the usual 5 to 6 hours. I would personally go for 30 grams fresh and hold on for a great time. Take 60 grams fresh if you really want to forget who you are but I dont recomend it.

InvisibleMarioNett
Stranger
Re: eating fresh shrooms [Re: fee]
    #1836757 - 08/21/03 10:15 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Remember that just because fresh shrooms weigh 10x as much as dry ones, that doesn't mean you shold take 10x the dose. The difference in potency per shroom is noticeable (to me anyway). I've been nearly overwhelmed by 17g fresh, and I'm not sure I'll ever go up to 35-60g as "fee" suggested above. The dosage calculator is your friend.

OfflineEdge
I like plants

Re: eating fresh shrooms [Re: MarioNett]
    #1837081 - 08/21/03 11:49 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

haha thank you all for you input on this. when i said 1-1.5 grams i meant the equivalent of that wet (aka 15 grams or so). sorry, should have been more clear on that (i was stoned).

im completely forgot about the dosage calculator here, thanks for those who mentioned it. also, the reason why each is only taking 15 grams (fresh) tops is because nobody wants to be mindfucked.

one more question i forgot to ask, im not too clear on this, so if im wrong dont call me stupid. i've searched all over the site for this and couldnt find it again. now i think ive read somewhere that cubinsis has 2 trip chemicals when fresh, but one breaks down when dried. is this true or am i getting confused with the fact that one breaks down into the other after eaten?

--------------------
Check Out My "A Report w/ pics and links--FAE, RH, Casings, Cakes, Polyfil, And A Simple Setup And More!"

"For every action there is a reaction; and a Paykie reaction, is quite a fuckin thing"
--Turkish of Snatch

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#1837102 - 08/21/03 11:55 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Psilocybin and psilocin. Psilocybin, for the most part, breaks down in to psilocin when ingested.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

InvisibleAll_Eyes_On_Us
...:: ::...
Male

Loc: -> | <-
    #1837884 - 08/21/03 03:42 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Mmmh shrooms :crazy2: 

--------------------
A clinical trial remains a fundamental principle for evaluating the safety and effectiveness of a biotechnology product

OfflineGorian
Learning the artof Shroom

#1838389 - 08/21/03 06:28 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

10 grams fresh is roughly 1 gram dryed.. Like the others said , if dried properly no potency will be lost

--------------------

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
Re: eating fresh shrooms [Re: Gorian]
    #1838602 - 08/21/03 07:26 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

If you want to experience mushrooms in their true form, you must try them fresh. I personally think they are much better this way, I would even go so far as to say the trip is slightly different (or enhanced). I would not say they would be "remarkably" stronger, but you should notice a difference. Just use a dose that accounts for the 90% water content as mentioned. Some strains actually have less taste when fresh (some even tasty), the drying process seems to intensify the flavor and IMO make it rather disgusting.

I only wish I could eat them still...

--------------------
To give is to live...

Offlinelateralus
    #1838790 - 08/21/03 08:26 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Edge said:
one more question i forgot to ask, im not too clear on this, so if im wrong dont call me stupid. i've searched all over the site for this and couldnt find it again. now i think ive read somewhere that cubinsis has 2 trip chemicals when fresh, but one breaks down when dried. is this true or am i getting confused with the fact that one breaks down into the other after eaten?

That is correct there are 2 chemicals:Psilocybin and Psilocin. Psilocin is what youre thinking of. It is present in higher amounts when fresh, but since it decomposes so much easier than the stronger psilocybin, psilocin levels are much lower in dry shrooms than wet shrooms.

Psilocybin is also broken down into psilocin once you eat the mushrooms(psilocin is atually what gets you tripping), so you were right on both points... But wet mushrooms have a signifigantly higher % of psilocin over dry due to psilocins unstable nature.

As far as a noticeable difference in potency goes... From my personal experience, Its not a huge or even big difference, its a small difference... Unless of course they were dried incorrectly. YMMV

OfflineEdge
I like plants

Re: eating fresh shrooms [Re: lateralus]
    #1839226 - 08/21/03 11:16 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

thanks lateralus, i knew i read that somewhere but forgot it in my pot head world.

as for tripping, this will only be my third.  i havent tripped for about 5-6 months, last time was a bad trip.  kinda scares me to do it again, but the one trip i had that was good was amazing.  just paranoid about what the world will be like when i come out of the trip for some reason.. also, im a lightweight when it comes to shrooms, a gram will get me to at least a level 2 trip from my experience thus far.

a few days until we get on the rollercoaster.  gotta prepare the mind :tongue:

--------------------

--Turkish of Snatch

OfflineTold
Artiest

Loc: Rockies
    #1839269 - 08/21/03 11:40 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

do they lose potency if cooked say in brownies? chop some up and stuff em in some pizza maybe then bake them?

OfflinejamboUK
A Fun Guy
Re: eating fresh shrooms [Re: Told]
    #1839830 - 08/22/03 07:50 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

So... if you need to eat 10x because they're 90% water, does that mean you eat 2x for Philosophers' Stones because they're 50% water? It's just they're not on that conversion tool.

Offlineneutralizer
Spiritual beinghaving a Humanexperience
Loc: This Planet Earth
Re: eating fresh shrooms [Re: jamboUK]
    #1839991 - 08/22/03 09:04 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Psilocybin and Psilocin lose their 'magic' when put in a high temp environment...so look for some loss of potency, but probably not a complete loss. I've tried putting them on pizza before, and trust me it was not very tasty at all. I recommend the OJ method. Dried works great cause you can make them almost powdery; I've cut fresh up into little manageable chunks and tossed them in with some OJ - a bit chunky to swallow, but if that doesn't bother you, it's definately the way (at least it's my way) to go.

--------------------
There are things known, and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors - Morrison

OfflineEdge
I like plants

Re: eating fresh shrooms [Re: neutralizer]
    #1840185 - 08/22/03 10:17 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

most likely im just gonna throw em in my mouth and chew chew chew swallow as if i was drinking aftershock.

and yea, psilocybin and psilocin break down from heat, so baking would be a bad idea. plus eating on top of the shrooms takes em longer to kick in. thanks guys

--------------------

--Turkish of Snatch

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains