Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecallemann
Stranger
Extensive LC mycelium propagation
    #18312992 - 05/24/13 05:26 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Hi!

I have read myself a bit up on mycelium propagation and LC techniques here and elsewhere, and I understand this theme has been discussed to death and has mostly been declared scams and/or failures. I still want to beat the dead horse just a bit more.

Some reports seem to persist over the years: Young as well as old mycelium seemingly contain actives(the potency reports varies), when consumed through extraction in tea or ethanol.

Fruiting bodies are in theory mostly aggregated mycelium and sclerotia even more so, and both contain psilocybin as we all know.

Another fact at least for some of us, is that propagation of mycelium(f.i. colonization of grain or lc) is often very much more convenient and fool-proof. People who live in small apartments and find fruiting troublesome are already embracing sclerotia production using a similar logic. However, fruiting is eventually unavoidable to produce new spores and avoid senescence.

But here is my proposed experiment to learn more about mycelial magic in a more structured way:

1. grow out spores on agar and isolate a single strain (or similar).
      a. grow out on grain -> grain LC to ensure no contaminant
      b. use agar wedge directly
2. Inoculate 3 5l Erlenmeyer's with sterile LC medium of choice (with filter lids) using as close to sterile technique as possible
3. Propagate in room temp on stir plates until roughly complete colonization(growth stagnation)
4. Incubate for 3 time points, say: 0 days, 1 week and 3 months or similar

5. Filter LC from Erlenmeyer on a crude filter to separate mycelium
6. Dry mycelium in a dehydrator
7. Register dry weight of mycelium per time point
8. Extract and/or store
      a. Extract in ethanol for long term storage
      b. Make tea and consume immediately
      c. store dry mycelium like you would mushrooms- say capsules

9. consume amounts on different occasions starting low to determine potency and register effect qualitatively per dosage amount and incubation time.
      a. Start for instance with 0 day sample 1g make tea, next time 3g, next time 9g etc

This may seem a bit overkill, but it would be very interesting to acquire standardized information on potency of harvested mycelium and optimal incubation and production times/methods. This could if effective, be even easier than sclerotia. Even more parameters like temperatures, nutrient additions, vitamins, phosphate etc could be added for more information about optimal parameters.

If successful, this could perhaps also relatively easily be up scaled using brewing equipment like better bottles and fermentors. Using clean technique and a large live mycelium inoculation sample one could perhaps make large batches under less than sterile conditions. Considering the mycelium is dried and extracted from the LC directly, contamination's would be of less significance as it is in brewing using common yeast.

What do you think? Has something like this been tested before? Is it even plausible,or completely inefficient and a waste of time?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecallemann
Stranger
Re: Extensive LC mycelium propagation [Re: callemann]
    #18314745 - 05/24/13 02:28 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Another obvious question deserving mentioning is of course the mass of mycelium per liter of LC under optimal conditions. If it's say 1 gram/liter dry, the whole project is close to meaningless, but if it's closer to 10 or even perhaps with optimization closer to 50g/L it is suddenly extremely interesting(depending on the potency of course).

Offlinesmegzilla69
StrangerDanger
 User Gallery

#18314851 - 05/24/13 02:55 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

I think mycelium is a lot less potent then the mushrooms themselfs that's why peeps use whole cakes or more to make tea
Seems like I would need a lot of lc like calleman stated

--------------------

EVERYTHING I SAY IS A LIE!!! N ALL MY PICS R STOLEN
WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!!watch it pay for it self in # of high yield flushes!
SO DOPE
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination. "  Albert.

Offlinecallemann
Stranger
Re: Extensive LC mycelium propagation [Re: smegzilla69]
    #18315017 - 05/24/13 03:39 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

I can see the argument, but it really depends on how less potent the mycelium actually is. I've seen some reports on people getting relatively decent effects of an extract of a spent BRF cake. How many grams of pure dried mycelium on a cake? Probably not so many. So I would guess the potency isn't too bad. The real question I'm curious about is the amount of dried grams/LC liter.

Offlinesmegzilla69
StrangerDanger
 User Gallery

#18315108 - 05/24/13 04:04 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Yea I get what u mean it doesn't hurt to experiment but I think u will find it will take too much lc to get a Decent trip therefore just making spawning to bulk and eating shrooms a better option...

--------------------

EVERYTHING I SAY IS A LIE!!! N ALL MY PICS R STOLEN
WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!!watch it pay for it self in # of high yield flushes!
SO DOPE
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination. "  Albert.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules