Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineILikeACID
Bass Head
Male User Gallery

Can you still get visuals from psychedelics while on Zoloft(Anti-Depressant)
    #18301967 - 05/22/13 02:20 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

I'm not sure if this is the right area of the forum to post this in and it is I'm sorry.

I recently got prescribed zoloft(sertraline) which is an anti-depressant that effects serotonin.

I have read that this will diminish the effects of psychedelics. That it will take more to reach the effect you want. I understand that but my question is: Are people talking about the buzz? or the buzz and the visuals.

I was confused because I didn't see how serotonin could affect the visuals considering while I'm on this anti-depressant I don't get any visuals other then "HPPD" that I already had.

So basically what I'm wondering is if I take acid or shrooms will I still get visuals and just not feel the buzz? I've been on zoloft for about a month now and have a primus 3d concert coming up in a couple weeks that I would love to trip for. I think I could deal with just visuals but if those are diminished to then I'm thinkin about stopping my medication temporarily so I can trip for it :smile:

Thanks in advance guys this is just something that has always confused me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehuffinglue
tryin to stay sober
Male

Loc: Texas
Re: Can you still get visuals from psychedelics while on Zoloft(Anti-Depressant) [Re: ILikeACID]
    #18301995 - 05/22/13 02:29 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

I also got perscribed an antidepressant a couple of months ago. I've always heard that you cant trip at all if you're on ssri's. I'd wait to hear from more people def though. btw im on 10mg citrolapam or some shit a day now.

--------------------
I fucking hate grammer nazis! Yes, I can't spell. Yes, I don't have perfect grammer. I post from my phone and dont give a shit about people whose lifes are so boring they get off on putting people down for not having perfect fucking grammer, even though they know excactly what there saying.. Fuck You. It's just a ride mang...

OfflineILikeACID
Bass Head
Male User Gallery

Re: Can you still get visuals from psychedelics while on Zoloft(Anti-Depressant) [Re: huffinglue]
    #18302017 - 05/22/13 02:37 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah I'm on 100mg zoloft a day now. I really did NOT want to take this shit because of what I've heard. But my family insisted I needed it because of severe depression making me drink to much.

I'll definitely wait for more comments I just don't see how the serotonin receptor of the brain could cause the visuals of psychedelics but I'm no expert.

I think I might just take a 2 week break so I can trip and then get back on them. I really don't think I need this shit anyways.

Invisiblecez
 User Gallery
Re: Can you still get visuals from psychedelics while on Zoloft(Anti-Depressant) [Re: ILikeACID]
    #18302189 - 05/22/13 03:46 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

I've never read anything positive from psychs and ssri's :sad:

Offlinehuffinglue
tryin to stay sober
Male

#18302748 - 05/22/13 08:41 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

I don't think stopping your meds all of a sudden is a good idea either. They gave you that cause of drinking?? They gave me ssris, kpins, tamazepam, and suboxone cause of my drinking. I was drinking over a liter of bourbon a day for years and I've been sober for about 10 months now.

--------------------
I fucking hate grammer nazis! Yes, I can't spell. Yes, I don't have perfect grammer. I post from my phone and dont give a shit about people whose lifes are so boring they get off on putting people down for not having perfect fucking grammer, even though they know excactly what there saying.. Fuck You. It's just a ride mang...

Offlinehuffinglue
tryin to stay sober
Male

Re: Can you still get visuals from psychedelics while on Zoloft(Anti-Depressant) [Re: huffinglue]
    #18302773 - 05/22/13 08:50 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Sorry for the double post, but my understanding of ssris is that a nueron will release saratonin for another receptor to absorb. Whatever that one doesn't absorb is reabsorbed by the first one and that action is what ssris block. So there's more seratonin floating inbetween both receptors. Sorry for this post. My Opera browser just updated durring it and its really fucking me up.

--------------------

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

#18302863 - 05/22/13 09:20 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

No you'd need a super massive dose and that still wouldn't do much, if anything. Get off the pills and use self control on drinking (I started drinking at 13 and was a fairly hardcore alchy, I don't drink much now by choice, not by prescription).

OfflineJacksonMetaller
Stranger

Re: Can you still get visuals from psychedelics while on Zoloft(Anti-Depressant) [Re: psilocybinjunkie]
    #18303042 - 05/22/13 10:08 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Uhhh some of this advice is wrong. Stay away from aya for safety reasons, not sure about mescaline...but as far as tryptamines and lysergamides you're good to go. How it affects you will be different for everyone. But don't take massive doses to compensate! My gf is on cymbalta and trips out just as hard as I do on LSD and DMT. Has had breakthroughs ans everytging. She said shrooms didn't give her many visuals but she only did them once so potency could come into question. Your mileage may vary.

Try not to get involved with SSRIs long term though unless it's absolutely necessary. The withdrawal symptoms are fucking awful and it limits your drug taking :P (hell I guess that's not so important but that's how I treat my own depression). But really in the end there is not much of a chemical cure for depression, most things just mask it and I can't believe alcohol or SSRIs are a good long term solution to dealing with it

OfflineILikeACID
Bass Head
Male User Gallery

Re: Can you still get visuals from psychedelics while on Zoloft(Anti-Depressant) [Re: JacksonMetaller]
    #18303223 - 05/22/13 11:10 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Well imo my drinking wasn't even that severe. According to my family though drinking a 12 pack once or twice a week is severe so I just went with it to make them happy because I'm staying with them for free. I'm pretty sure I can deal without drinking to much lol.

I am kinda worried about the withdrawals though but man how can you NOT trip for Primus 3D?

Also they won't even prescribe me narcotics because I guess I look like a hippie. I told them my anxiety is out the roof so they said zoloft should take care of that. BULLSHIT.

The only thing I've noticed from it is it seems to block out sadness but the change is honestly hard to notice.

Edited by ILikeACID (05/22/13 11:11 AM)

InvisibleStygianKnight
A Mushroom

#18303318 - 05/22/13 11:29 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

I take sertraline and do psychedelics.
Quote:

ILikeACID said:
I have read that this will diminish the effects of psychedelics.

Yes, it diminishes most of the effects of psychedelics but don't worry, all you need is a higher dose.  I generally dose twice as much as others to get similar effects.  You can certainly meet the elves it just takes more to do it.  There doesn't seem to be an increased hangover the next day (exactly the opposite, sertraline seems to protect against hangover effects).
Abruptly stopping it isn't the best idea as withdrawal symptoms can occur.  My suggestion is to half dose sertraline the day before, don't take them the day of, and return to normal the next day.  This lowers the concentration in your body without removing the med completely.

OfflineJacksonMetaller
Stranger

#18304327 - 05/22/13 02:35 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

ILikeACID said:
Well imo my drinking wasn't even that severe. According to my family though drinking a 12 pack once or twice a week is severe so I just went with it to make them happy because I'm staying with them for free. I'm pretty sure I can deal without drinking to much lol.

I am kinda worried about the withdrawals though but man how can you NOT trip for Primus 3D?

Also they won't even prescribe me narcotics because I guess I look like a hippie. I told them my anxiety is out the roof so they said zoloft should take care of that. BULLSHIT.

The only thing I've noticed from it is it seems to block out sadness but the change is honestly hard to notice.

SSRI's take a while to work. Like a couple weeks I believe. It takes a while for it to build up in your system, and then a while to get out of your system. Anyways you need to have a serious talk with your parents about that because 12-24 beers a week is not THAT bad. It's not something you're going to want to keep up through your mid 30s, but you seem far from an alcoholic at this point and SSRI's are not all that great for you to my knowledge. I would be more worried about them than alcohol.

OfflineILikeACID
Bass Head
Male User Gallery

Re: Can you still get visuals from psychedelics while on Zoloft(Anti-Depressant) [Re: JacksonMetaller]
    #18306534 - 05/22/13 09:49 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

JacksonMetaller said:
Quote:

ILikeACID said:

SSRI's take a while to work. Like a couple weeks I believe. It takes a while for it to build up in your system, and then a while to get out of your system. Anyways you need to have a serious talk with your parents about that because 12-24 beers a week is not THAT bad. It's not something you're going to want to keep up through your mid 30s, but you seem far from an alcoholic at this point and SSRI's are not all that great for you to my knowledge. I would be more worried about them than alcohol.

Thats what I'm saying. I almost feel like stopping them completely. I don't want my sister giving up on me though and shes going to let me stay with her and help me get a job. She also said she would help pay off my probation so I'm just trying to do what my family wants in this case.

Offlinehuffinglue
tryin to stay sober
Male

#18322774 - 05/26/13 11:57 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Need more info! Anyone else have any experience with ssris and trippin? Especially with shrooms?

--------------------

OfflineILikeACID
Bass Head
Male User Gallery

#18323804 - 05/26/13 03:17 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah I've decided since I was only on Zoloft for a month I'm taking a 2 week break before the concert. Hopefully I will be able to trip. I can't imagine Primus 3D on LSD.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder