Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepetepann
CHOOT 'EM!
Male User Gallery

Loc: NCarolina-Heartb-long2Bam...
Deep Into the Thicket and Thin of It...
    #18294749 - 05/20/13 08:28 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Today was another disappointment in terms of P. cinct hunting. The stage is set as close to perfection as a cinct could want.(According to all of my research). But yet, they still hesitate show themselves. On another note, all other fungal species are having the time of their lives, loving this weather.  Panaeolus papilionaceus, Pan. Foes, and other possible Pans were every where in the pasture by late afternoon. I have not attempted to ID these nor do I request any assistance, for I did not collect any specimens for study due to their immaturity. but if anyone feels comfortable Identifying by recognition, please feel free to do so. If any one species appears multiple times, I apologize for the redundancy. There were some that were  hard to tell by my amateur eye. Anyway, Enough chit chat. On with the show...

Found these growing on saturated leaf debris and possibly decaying horse dung.
1a

1b

This little guy was growing in horse dung. I suspect Panaeolus species of some sort. Too early for me to tell. I left it undisturbed to grow some more.

After an extensive search of the horse pasture, I decided to give Pan. hunting a break and see what the woods had to offer. I was not totally disappointed. I found this beauty growing in a deer path, in the middle of a pine thicket.
3a.

3b.

Also growing in deer path..

This is a bit off topic but I thought this old abandoned rabbit gum was cool. I have not seen one of these since I was 12 Years old.

Agrocybe I believe..
5a.

5b.

And finally this unknown, growing from horse dung. As stated before, I left it alone with hopes to allow it to mature a bit. I am hoping tomorrow will yield some cincts. If not, I'm done hunting till at least June. I need to let the chigger and tick bites heal up anyway. I don't mind suffering the elements that come with hunting, but I would prefer to be benefitting from it in the process..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesuchen
Once and Future Noob
Male User Gallery

Loc: Shangri-la
Trusted Identifier
Re: Deep Into the Thicket and Thin of It... [Re: petepann]
    #18294771 - 05/20/13 08:32 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

2 looks more like Deconica.
3 Mycena
4 maaaaybe Gymnopus
5 :thumbup:
6 Conocybe or Bolbitius maybe?

--------------------
Rod Tulloss said:

The bulb is the bulb.

The volva is the volva.

They have a very long term realtionship, but they’re “just friends.”

OfflineBlue-FunGuy
The Bad Pungi
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast Flag
Trusted Identifier
Re: Deep Into the Thicket and Thin of It... [Re: suchen]
    #18294791 - 05/20/13 08:35 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

suchen said:
2 looks more like Deconica.

:yesnod:A good contender for D.coprophilia.

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery
Trusted Identifier
Re: Deep Into the Thicket and Thin of It... [Re: suchen]
    #18294794 - 05/20/13 08:35 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

1) Clitocybe or Gymnopus
2) Deconica coprophila
3) Mycena sp.
4) Clitocybe on the left and Inocybe or Gymnopus on the right
5) Agrocybe
6) Conocybe apala

Offlinepetepann
CHOOT 'EM!
Male User Gallery

Loc: NCarolina-Heartb-long2Bam...
Re: Deep Into the Thicket and Thin of It... [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #18294884 - 05/20/13 08:53 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

OH! I have another reason to look forward to tomorrow also. A NEW TOY!! This Digi supposed to take great macros. Cant wait till daylight to test dive it. (check out that sexy, homemade tripod.)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck