Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
PF pleads guilty in mushroom bust
    #1829455 - 08/19/03 11:46 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

ht tp://www.usdoj.gov/usao/waw/press_room/2003/aug/mcpherson.htm
**Please copy and paste the URL, do not directly click from the Shroomery to the article**

August 14, 2003

DEFENDANTS ENTER GUILTY PLEAS IN
HALLUCINOGENIC MUSHROOM CASE

United States Attorney John McKay announced that on August 13, 2003, ROBERT W. McPHERSON, date of birth, August 18, 1946, and his wife MARGARET M. McPHERSON, date of birth December 24, 1954, both of Amanda Park, Grays Harbor County, Washington, entered guilty pleas in Tacoma to charges related to their February 20, 2003, indictment for growing hallucinogenic mushrooms and selling mushroom spores over the internet. Both defendants entered their guilty pleas before United States Magistrate Judge Karen Strombom.

According to court records, the investigation of ROBERT McPHERSON was started in 1999 when law enforcement agencies around the country received calls from concerned parents whose children had received packages from a company called Psylocybe Fanaticus, operated by ROBERT McPHERSON. Those packages contained syringes with mushroom spores, and instructions on how to grow hallucinogenic mushrooms. McPHERSON operated a website to promote the sale of the hallucinogenic mushroom spores. The website also provided a first-person description of the mental disorientation and physical sickness that results from eating hallucinogenic mushrooms. On February 18, 2003, federal agents searched the residence of ROBERT and MARGARET McPHERSON in Amanda Park, and seized mushrooms containing psilocin, a controlled substance.

ROBERT McPHERSON pleaded guilty to the felony offense of manufacturing (growing) mushrooms containing psilocin. MARGARET McPHERSON pleaded guilty to possession of psilocin, a Class A Misdemeanor.

According to court documents filed as part of the guilty pleas, ROBERT McPHERSON acknowledged that he knew that the mushrooms in his house were hallucinogenic mushrooms, containing an illegal controlled substance. He also admitted that he sold mushroom spores that were intended to grow into hallucinogenic mushrooms.

MARGARET McPHERSON admitted in court documents that she assisted her husband in raising the mushrooms, and that she knew the mushrooms contained an illegal controlled substance.

Court records reflect that as part of their guilty pleas, ROBERT and MARGARET McPHERSON agreed to forfeit property used to commit or to facilitate the commission of the charged offenses, and property derived from proceeds they obtained as the result of the offenses, including the following:

A residence and real property on North Shore Road, Amanda Park, Washington.
A residence and real property in Moclips, Washington.
Real property on Lakeview Drive, Amanda Park, Washington.
$78,286 in cash.
Sentencing is scheduled for October 31, 2003, at 9:30 a.m. before United States District Judge Robert J. Bryan. ROBERT McPHERSON'S offense carries a penalty of up to 20 years in prison, a fine not to exceed $1,000,000, a term of supervised release of five years, and a Special Assessment of $100.

MARGARET McPHERSON'S offense carries a penalty of imprisonment for not more than one year, a fine not to exceed $200,000, a period of supervised release of one year, a period of probation of up to five years, and a Special Assessment of $25.

The investigation was a joint effort of the Drug Enforcement Administration, the National Park Service, and the United States Postal Inspection Service.

For further information, please contact John Hartingh, Executive Assistant United States Attorney, at (206) 553-4110, or Douglas Whalley, Assistant United States Attorney, at (206) 553-4882; or Ye-Ting Woo, Assistant United States Attorney, at (206) 553-2268.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBruiser
Fuel Injected Suicide Machine

Loc: Hell
Re: PF pleads guilty in mushroom bust [Re: Thor]
    #1829738 - 08/19/03 12:56 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

That is the SUXX! I can't believe they're gonna lose all their property. :frown: 

--------------------
-I put the chrome to your dome

InvisibleWheedhead!
Test subject #1

Loc: Area 51
    #1829861 - 08/19/03 01:26 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Disturbing news,  sounds like he is fucked. :frown: 

--------------------
I just  :heart: The Shroomery

Monkeys might fly out of my butt

Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope. "
Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #1829921 - 08/19/03 01:46 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Do they always CAPITALIZE peoples names in these reports???

InvisibleDazedSol
old hand

#1830088 - 08/19/03 02:28 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Stupid fucken forfiture laws.......and that really sucks...it was just his birthday :frown:

--------------------
Peace,
Adam

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
    #1830773 - 08/19/03 05:12 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

A residence and real property on North Shore Road, Amanda Park, Washington.
A residence and real property in Moclips, Washington.
Real property on Lakeview Drive, Amanda Park, Washington.

That makes me feel queasy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/education/modern/nazi/nazihtm.htm#q3

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: PF pleads guilty in mushroom bust [Re: pattern]
    #1830866 - 08/19/03 05:43 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Why?

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
Re: PF pleads guilty in mushroom bust [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1831529 - 08/19/03 09:45 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Property and possessions taken away for growing mushrooms, thats just wrong, in my opinion.

It basically equates to the police and government stealing from people, on the basis of their lifestyle.

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

OfflineHarveyWalbanger
Demiurge
Male

Loc: 8b
    #1831813 - 08/19/03 11:30 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I hope mescalito watches over him, he did alot for our people, with obviously no regard for what would happen to him.

InvisibleStarter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
Re: PF pleads guilty in mushroom bust [Re: pattern]
    #1832003 - 08/20/03 12:29 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Woah, the US is harsh. Not only the time to the clink but the scope of the fine too. Shit, not to mention 3 properties and the better part of 80 grand forfeited.

Given their age, they're washed up and won't be able to retire in any comfort after they've done the time/fines/legal-fees & down-time not earning. All that for harmless mushrooms. It's not meth or smack.

The post Sep 11th world with Bush/Ashcroft, the writing was on the wall. Very sad. I would leave that country.

--------------------
Convert Metric and Imperial.

Offlinesroc
connect the dots

Loc: on paper
    #1832121 - 08/20/03 01:24 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

That's not right at all. All their property and money? -the greeeeedy government- So who's really the bad guy?

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #2067367 - 11/03/03 06:39 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

http://www.fanaticus.com/

SENTENCING REPORT
On October 31, my Wife and I went to our sentencing hearing at the Tacoma Federal courthouse. I was sentenced to 6 months home detention and 3 years probation. My wife was sentenced to 3 years probation. My sentence was based on the federal sentencing guidelines concerning drug felonies. I was calculated at a level 10 felony - zone B which provides as the minimum sentence - 6 months home detention. My wife got the minimum for psilocin (magic shroom) possession. She doesn't have to be drug tested. I have to stay clean and do periodic drug tests for the next 3 years. But, it ain't bad. I don't mind being unstoned (now that I am used to it).

The details of my sentence was based on the plea agreement my wife and I plus our lawyers signed on August 13 in Tacoma Federal court with the US attorneys office. To get count one dropped (the conspiracy to distribute), we forfeited some property and a considerable bank account (PF). We paid a fine of $125 for the court cost, but no fine for the sentence, which was a good thing. The forfeitures satisfied that. Plus, we keep our wonderful Olympic park rain forest house (my "prison" for the next 6 months). And a really good thing was that they dismissed my two other co-defendants (my wife's sister, Judy and their childhood "brother" (Steve).

The reason I got the minimum and a dismissal of two co-defendants was because the US attorney said that I cooperated with them from the day of the raid by taking the heat, telling them that I was the "man", and I was truthful and didn't hide anything. Also, I had a very small gro op in my house and they found 11.4 grams of dried shrooms in a waste basket. The DEA was surprised at the small ("miniscule" was a word they used in hearings) gro-op. But a gro-op is a gro-op, and any shroom gro-op no matter how small, is an automatic level 12 drug felony. I got a level 10 by pleading guilty with 2 points off for acceptance of responsibility.

So now it is over. It has been a rough 8 months, but my lawyer took us through it with expert advice through his many years of experience in the Federal court system. Without him, I am sure we would have been in major trouble and I would have been sent to prison (level 12 is an automatic 10 to 18 months incarceration).
Previous to the morning of February 18, this was the headquarters of PF. After October 31, it is the McPherson incarceration center for the next 6 months. The Feds gave me this house back plus my Seattle and Neilton cribs (home of ex defendant Judy). But under house incarceration, the inmate has 50 hours a week leave time for gigs. There is a sunday night rock and roll gig at the Pourhouse lounge in Aberdeen that the prisoner will be doing, Plus, solo piano gigs at the Lake Quinault Lodge

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #2067548 - 11/03/03 08:56 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I wish there were people who would investigate the investigators, kind of like the aclu, but for more justice i guess you should say. How fucked up is it that you grow organic materials and let other people take them freely, and yet you are imrisoned? That is so far away from a true sense of justice i cannot even begin to explain. Maybe Fanaticus will get lucky by some error on their part, maybe it wont be brought up now, but maybe in an appeal.

--------------------
What?

Offlineprophessor
Stranger
Loc: Chicago-area, Great Lakes...
Fanaticus PF Sentencing 10/31/2003 [Re: Zero7a1]
    #2070545 - 11/04/03 05:55 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I strongly encourage people to go to the fanaticus website and read the whole piece Mr. McPherson wrote. It is fascinating reading.

Also his address is on the website. You can write him a nice letter thanking him for all the shit he has put up with to gift the world with PF Tek.

BTW, McPherson must have had a great lawyer. For the years he has been selling spores, and considering what they did to Chong, six months house incarceration is a very light sentence, though 3 years probation is a bit long.

Here's something interesting. McPherson writes that the
U.S. Attorney in charge of the case ". . . said that they were
pushing to put magic shroom spores in the paraphernalia statutes. "
That is interesting, because if it happened, it would make U.S. spore
sales over the internet prosecutable under 21 U.S.C. Sections 846, 853
and 863, which is what Ashcroft used for Operation Pipe Dream which
put Chong in jail.

Those federal guys are very clever.

OfflineDemiurge
creator ofworlds

Loc: Florida
Re: PF pleads guilty in mushroom bust [Re: Zero7a1]
    #2070969 - 11/04/03 07:40 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

At least the courts went easy on him. It could have been a lot worse. Thanks for the update Anno.

--------------------
Just another animal embeded in a technological coral reef extruded psychic objects...

InvisibleCow Shit Collector
Patty Poacher

Loc: Random Field
Re: PF pleads guilty in mushroom bust [Re: Zero7a1]
    #2071498 - 11/04/03 09:52 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

thanks for the update.

Its good to hear that his punishment wasn't as harsh as I though it may be. I wish the professor luck in the future.

--------------------

Life's a garden, Dig it!
~Joe Dirt

Off Topic Website

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag