Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleGeorge Sears
43rd President of the US
Male

Loc: New Mexico
P. mexicana trip reports?
    #18284218 - 05/18/13 03:36 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Just read a report about the original doctor who discovered this species, Doctor Hoffman, and he states that everything in his trip turned to a "Mexican scenery".

Quote:

As I was perfectly aware that my knowledge of the Mexican origin of the mushrooms would lead me to imagine only Mexican scenery, I tried deliberately to look on my environment as I knew it normally. But all voluntary efforts to look at things in their customary forms and colours proved ineffective. Whether my eyes were closed or open, I saw only Mexican motifs and colours. When the doctor supervising the experiment bent over me to check my blood pressure, he was transformed into an Aztec priest, and I would not have been astonished if he had drawn an obsidian knife. In spite of the seriousness of the situation, it amused me to see how the Germanic face of my colleague had acquired a purely Indian expression.

Anyone else experienced this kind of trip on mexicanas? Or do you think it's just because he knew that they were, in fact, from areas of and used by the natives of Mexico?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: P. mexicana trip reports? [Re: George Sears]
    #18284644 - 05/18/13 05:23 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

I did have a similar experience.

I suspect knowing where they come from plays a part, but I also suspect that a culture's art and color scheme is based in what people see when they trip... no hard science here, just a hunch.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleJimmy Sage
Wanderer
Male

Re: P. mexicana trip reports? [Re: George Sears]
    #20069126 - 06/01/14 12:33 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

I've had a similar experience when a friend's face turned into that of SOME shaman from the southern hemisphere on 2.5g penis envy :laugh:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale