Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleAbuse
end of the line

CD player to AMP help!
    #18237271 - 05/09/13 10:15 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Hi, so currently I have the phono cable plugged into 'output line 1' from the cd player connected into 'phono in' on the amp. I also have connected the audio control cable to both systems. After doing this, the CD display still won't respond to the amp and reads '0db' and doesn't respond after turning the volume up on the amp! No hint of sound!

I have also tried connecting the cables into different outputs/inputs and still haven't got them to connect :mad2:.

Anyone with any audio hardware knowledge here can help at all? It's really bugging me lol. Especially as it should be a fairly straightforward procedure, right? Here are some pictures if that helps:

How I've currently hooked up the phono cables:

The 'system control' cable:

Any help would be greatly appreciated, 5:mushroom2: will be delivered to you personally :grin:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJohnnieYen
Okay
I'm a teapot

Loc: City Z
Re: CD player to AMP help! [Re: Abuse]
    #18237288 - 05/09/13 10:19 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

phono inputs are for record players.

connect the rca cables from the output on the cd player to the CD input on the amp.

--------------------
[center

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #18237308 - 05/09/13 10:23 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

First, plug it in to a different input jack on the receiver/amp. Any jack OTHER THAN the phono should work. The phono operates at a different voltage.

Second, switch the right output to Line 1, like the left output is.

Get the audio right before worrying about the control cable.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Edited by luvdemshrooms (05/09/13 10:26 AM)

InvisibleJohnnieYen
Okay
I'm a teapot

#18237310 - 05/09/13 10:23 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Abuse said:
Hi, so currently I have the phono cable plugged into 'output line 1' from the cd player connected into 'phono in' on the amp. I also have connected the audio control cable to both systems. After doing this, the CD display still won't respond to the amp and reads '0db' and doesn't respond after turning the volume up on the amp! No hint of sound!

I have also tried connecting the cables into different outputs/inputs and still haven't got them to connect :mad2:.

Anyone with any audio hardware knowledge here can help at all? It's really bugging me lol. Especially as it should be a fairly straightforward procedure, right? Here are some pictures if that helps:

How I've currently hooked up the phono cables:

don't split the lines. use line one L-R
The 'system control' cable:

Why do you need a system control cable? the cable from the output on the CD to the CD input on your amp. You will then need to switch your input source to CD on you amp.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, 5:mushroom2: will be delivered to you personally :grin:

--------------------
[center

InvisibleAbuse
end of the line

Re: CD player to AMP help! [Re: JohnnieYen]
    #18237327 - 05/09/13 10:26 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

JohnnieYen said:
phono inputs are for record players.

connect the rca cables from the output on the cd player to the CD input on the amp.

Tried that, output from cd player (line 1) into 'CD in' on amp. Nothing! Would line 2 make any difference?

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#18237341 - 05/09/13 10:29 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

JohnnieYen said:
Why do you need a system control cable?

Systems use the control cable so that all components are cross connected for the remote.

In some cases selecting CD on the remote will not only switch the inputs, but automatically turn on the CD player as well.
Quote:

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#18237345 - 05/09/13 10:30 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Abuse said:
Would line 2 make any difference?

Shouldn't.

--------------------

InvisibleAbuse
end of the line

Re: CD player to AMP help! [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #18237346 - 05/09/13 10:30 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
First, plug it in to a different input jack on the receiver/amp. Any jack OTHER THAN the phono should work. The phono operates at a different voltage.

Second, switch the right output to Line 1, like the left output is.

Get the audio right before worrying about the control cable.

Ok tried this and no sound still. Think it might be my speakers?

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#18237355 - 05/09/13 10:31 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

In any event, you should be using the optical connectors for better sound.

What make and model is your receiver and CD?

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#18237365 - 05/09/13 10:32 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Abuse said:
Ok tried this and no sound still. Think it might be my speakers?

Make sure you have the correct speaker output selected. If it is, try headphones.

--------------------

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

#18237416 - 05/09/13 10:43 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

First, test that the speakers are connected and functioning.  Most receivers have test tones of static/white noise to verify.

Then, connect the OUTPUT from the CD player to the input on the receiver.  Try ignore the "system control" cable for now.

One thing I noticed was that you have one line from each output coming off (presumably) the CD player.  Don't do that.  USe the red/white from a single line out to a single line in.

Some receivers have an "A/B" selector for different sets of speakers.  Try that as well.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

InvisibleJohnnieYen
Okay
I'm a teapot

#18237421 - 05/09/13 10:44 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

is your amp on? input set to cd? speakers hooked up right? sound on any other input? Cd player on? cd in?

--------------------
[center

InvisibleAbuse
end of the line

#18237423 - 05/09/13 10:45 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
In any event, you should be using the optical connectors for better sound.

What make and model is your receiver and CD?

Cd player is kenwood -DP-7090
Amp is Kenwood KA-5090R

Both very old. And yes I was thinking about getting an optical cable, will definitely try that route.

--------------------

Invisiblekoraks
    #18237424 - 05/09/13 10:45 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:

* impedance. Also, the phono input will be followed by an RIAA correction circuit, which you don't want to use for any other signal; it's effectively a low pass filter.

Quote:

Abuse said:
Ok tried this and no sound still.

Can you verify you have selected the right input channel on the amp?

Quote:

Think it might be my speakers?

Two speakers blown entirely into oblivion? Not very likely. You probably are still doing something wrong in the wiring.

Show us how you wired that entire set and post a pic of the front panel of the amp as well.

Also, what badchad says :thumbup:

Invisiblekoraks
    #18237438 - 05/09/13 10:48 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Abuse said:
Amp is Kenwood KA-5090R

Turn volume of the amp all the way down.
Ok, connect the speakers to the 'A' speaker output terminals and set the speakers selection switch on the front of the amp to 'A'.
Plug the RCA plugs from the CD player into the CD input.
Set the amp's input to 'CD'.
Play a cd.
Turn the volume up gradually to check for sound.

InvisibleAbuse
end of the line

#18237448 - 05/09/13 10:50 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

JohnnieYen said:
is your amp on? input set to cd? speakers hooked up right? sound on any other input? Cd player on? cd in?

Cd player is playing CD, volume is turned up, the rca cables both in output line 1 on cd player and go into 'CD IN' on amp.

I feel like I'm almost there as I hear little crackle sounds from the speakers as I turn on the amp and switch it off. It's so frustrating!!

--------------------

InvisibleJohnnieYen
Okay
I'm a teapot

#18237453 - 05/09/13 10:52 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

did you blow a fuse in the amp? when did you last use it?
can you get sound out of the cd player with headphones?

--------------------
[center

Invisiblekoraks
    #18237478 - 05/09/13 10:57 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

JohnnieYen said:
can you get sound out of the cd player with headphones?

This, and try another source with the amp, e.g. an ipod or anything else you can get sound from and that you have the right cables for to connect it to the amp. Try the line 2 output on the CD player as well for good measure.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#18237486 - 05/09/13 10:59 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Abuse said:
And yes I was thinking about getting an optical cable, will definitely try that route.

If they are that old, it's unlikely they have optical in/outputs.

--------------------

InvisibleAbuse
end of the line

Re: CD player to AMP help! [Re: koraks]
    #18237491 - 05/09/13 11:00 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

koraks said:
Quote:

Abuse said:
Amp is Kenwood KA-5090R

Turn volume of the amp all the way down.
Ok, connect the speakers to the 'A' speaker output terminals and set the speakers selection switch on the front of the amp to 'A'.
Plug the RCA plugs from the CD player into the CD input.
Set the amp's input to 'CD'.
Play a cd.
Turn the volume up gradually to check for sound.

Just tried this, and still nothing :sad: All the speaker cables are now in 'A' and the CD display still doesn't respond to changes in the amp. I know this set works because in its previous home it was playing perfectly. Damn I had high hopes for this method.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder