Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblepirate-blues
Female

What's the strangest compliment you've ever recieved?
    #18222224 - 05/06/13 12:38 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

I had a stranger tell me today that they "loved the way my canines were naturally sharp" and lamented over the fact that they were saving up a ridiculous sum to get their teeth filed. We had a nice talk about body modification(which I'm not super duper into like some people, but I can dig it) and tattoos, and it wasn't as creepy as it sounds. I never noticed that about mah teef before, though lol.

My friends also confessed that they called me "the rogue asset" behind my back as a term of endearment, which I thought was cute and funny.

I like weird compliments the best, only if they're genuine though :sun:. Complimenting someone out of feelings of obligation(girls do this more than guys) for the sake of faking niceness is so passé.

What's the strangest, most offbeat, or even creepy thing someone has complimented you about?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: What's the strangest compliment you've ever recieved? [Re: pirate-blues] * 3
    #18222264 - 05/06/13 12:46 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

You'd better not come to Uganda cause witches would kill for that skull..

-an Ugandan immigrant, complimenting my skull while feeling up the bone structure appraisingly

:omgz:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: What's the strangest compliment you've ever recieved? [Re: pirate-blues]
    #18222267 - 05/06/13 12:47 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Yesterday  i was running my first marathon and a spectator gave me a concise and one of compliment:

"Yeah, you look great, nice steady pace."

It really stood out from all the other generic comments everyone else was yelling.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Loc: georgia, us
Re: What's the strangest compliment you've ever recieved? [Re: Asante]
    #18222287 - 05/06/13 12:51 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Quote:

-an Ugandan immigrant, complimenting my skull while feeling up the bone structure appraisingly

yeah that's scary. damn if a witch gets near my skull she's got another thing coming.

attention ladies: do NOT become a witch!

--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

Offlinerobbyberto
Water Boy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Netherlands Flag
Re: What's the strangest compliment you've ever recieved? [Re: g00ru]
    #18222298 - 05/06/13 12:55 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

I simply chose to take this as a compliment because I didn't know how else to take it: "Robert looks like he could be in the IRA."

--------------------
“People say having kids is life changing, well that doesn’t necessarily mean a good thing, does it? I could take one of my legs off. That would change my life.” -Karl Pilkington

Invisiblepirate-blues
Female

Re: What's the strangest compliment you've ever recieved? [Re: PDU]
    #18222302 - 05/06/13 12:56 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Quote:

lol ding ding ding, so far you are the winner!

Quote:

PDU said:
Yesterday  i was running my first marathon and a spectator gave me a concise and one of compliment:

"Yeah, you look great, nice steady pace."

It really stood out from all the other generic comments everyone else was yelling.

Hahaha! aw, I run like a few times a week and a mile or two at a time and I really don't know shit about distance running, so i would probably be shouting out stuff like that too because I wouldn't know what else to say - out of curiousity, it wasnt the Philly broad street run was it? That happened yesterday, I wanted to go and watch it because I think it'd be fun to cheer people on at the end of such a feat, even though I don't know anyone who runs anything more than 5ks.

I've gotten all sorts of weird compliments that make total sense in the context of horseback riding and form/technique.

"Your heels look great" is something that makes every equestrian feel good lol.

Offlinejoshisstoned
Motorcycle Enthusiast
 User Gallery

Loc: Ohio
    #18222344 - 05/06/13 01:07 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

You look familiar! Everyone knows someone that looks like me....but it's not goddamnit.

OfflineDest
Roller-Derby Coach
 User Gallery

#18222364 - 05/06/13 01:11 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

compliments :feelsgoodman:
One was"You look like Wolverine"
Not too strange but it was a nice pat on the back to be compared to the sexiest man alive :cool:

The strangest one was "You have well endowed pupils"

Offlinedrkkenny
Explorer

Loc: Down a well
    #18222384 - 05/06/13 01:18 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Once at a festival about 6 months ago in Georgia this man pulled me to the side & was asking me what I thought about these group of girls who were busy entertaining this guy in David Bowie makeup & I felt it was slightly odd how someone would just do that & I said that they seemed to be people I'd group of with if the opportunity presented itself, & then he told me I was a real stallion, & idk, it struck me as odd at first...

--------------------

No More Stories Are Told Today, I'm Sorry They Washed Away // No More Stories, The World Is Grey, I'm Tired, Let's Wash Away.

God 2 read 10932148 Unread messages

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#18222489 - 05/06/13 01:39 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

One day while sitting outback with a friend who is supposedly straight (and married and he used to be a huge manwhore with a different woman every week.) he was going on and on about how beautiful my eyes are and how he could stare into them all day and how he could just get lost in them and shit like that.. They draw a lot of attention, but never anything that intense. If someone asks about my eyes, they usually ask if I'm wearing contacts and refuse to accept the fact that I'm not.

I don't see them as anything noticeably different but apparently they are. The iris contains bi-colored jagged rings, and also change colors, mostly different intensities of green/blue (outer ring) and brown/orange (inner ring). The border between the color is well defined, so they really pop out.

--------------------
With my face against the floor I can’t see who knocked me out of the way.
I don’t want to get back up but I have to so it might as well be today.
Nothing appeals to me no one feels like me, I’m too busy being calm to disappear.
I’m in no shape to be alone contrary to the shit that you might hear.

You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen. Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline

Edited by Shroomslip (05/06/13 01:41 PM)

Invisiblepirate-blues
Female

Re: What's the strangest compliment you've ever recieved? [Re: Dest]
    #18222514 - 05/06/13 01:45 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Dest said:
compliments :feelsgoodman:
One was"You look like Wolverine"
Not too strange but it was a nice pat on the back to be compared to the sexiest man alive :cool:

The strangest one was "You have well endowed pupils"

I feel like I have gotten this same compliment before, except usually with a little wink and a nudge - especially when I'm rolling..

that's actually pretty subtle for my pupils.
One time this big black homeless guy I saw on my walks to work complimented me on my eyes, and he said, 'they're almost blinding!' which is fine and dandy and stuff, but then every single morning he saw me from there on out he would say hi to me by acting like he was being blinded by my eyes, only he would do this by loudly going "AHH I'M BLINDED BY YOU" and covering his eyes, he committed 100% err'ytime to that lol, I thought it was pretty weird but funny. Unless he was just calling me fugly in his own way :shrug:

Invisiblethizzlemaniac
राम राम
Male User Gallery

#18222548 - 05/06/13 01:52 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

It's pretty annoying how women often take notice of my dimples when I smile, but whatever makes the panties drop.  :smirk:

--------------------
Hi how are you? How high are you?

:aum:

OfflineAcaterpillar
A little mad...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Down the rabbit hole
    #18222558 - 05/06/13 01:54 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

I've gotten a lot of:
"Are you from ...(Norway/Russia/Denmark/Random european country)?"
I'm predominantly Eastern Slavic (Belarus/Ukraine), so I can't say that it's too surprising.

I also get lots of compliments on my eyes, apparently I have really nice eyelashes; but I never thought that was too odd.

I did think it was strange at first when I started shagging ladies and was constantly getting compliments on my ass.
Up to that point, I thought it was mostly men that really appreciated a nice ass.
Maybe most guys just don't have an ass worth complimenting?

--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

OfflineDarwin23
INFJ
Male User Gallery

Loc: United States Flag
    #18222653 - 05/06/13 02:16 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

I'm trying to remember some. I know I've had some cool ones. I really liked this one:

Wow! It would definitely take both of us to kill you.
  - Two old white guys as I was lifting their paint at work.

--------------------

Take a look at my journal

Offlinejoshisstoned
Motorcycle Enthusiast
 User Gallery

Loc: Ohio
Re: What's the strangest compliment you've ever recieved? [Re: Darwin23]
    #18222928 - 05/06/13 03:16 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

That's funny Darwin. I had a guy tell me I'm what guns are for (because I'm big). I took that as a compliment as well. Sounds like you...

Offlinebrokentv
 User Gallery

Re: What's the strangest compliment you've ever recieved? [Re: joshisstoned]
    #18223065 - 05/06/13 03:50 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Ive gotten compliment on my hair and asked if I was gay by some random, but no cool compliments.  :resignednonacceptance:

InvisibleSheekle
FREE BURKE
 User Gallery

#18223083 - 05/06/13 03:54 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

pirate-blues said:
I had a stranger tell me today that they "loved the way my canines were naturally sharp"

hahahahaha

--------------------
"Ur cat died because he hated u" - Koods
"I hope JSB kicks your ass one day." - Vandago
"you are the biggest 'internet guy' I have ever come across"- Jokeshopbeard
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft
"or maybe i just come from a blood line of superior intelligence" - trees

R.I.P Kelsy, ?/?/?? - 6/11/16

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#18223592 - 05/06/13 05:35 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Unless he was just calling me fugly in his own way :shrug:

Many black people are fascinated by blue and green eyes. I guess its a case of the grass being greener on the other side.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Invisiblepirate-blues
Female

Re: What's the strangest compliment you've ever recieved? [Re: Asante]
    #18223717 - 05/06/13 06:02 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Acaterpillar said:
I've gotten a lot of:
"Are you from ...(Norway/Russia/Denmark/Random european country)?"
I'm predominantly Eastern Slavic (Belarus/Ukraine), so I can't say that it's too surprising.

I also get lots of compliments on my eyes, apparently I have really nice eyelashes; but I never thought that was too odd.

I did think it was strange at first when I started shagging ladies and was constantly getting compliments on my ass.
Up to that point, I thought it was mostly men that really appreciated a nice ass.
Maybe most guys just don't have an ass worth complimenting?

Haha, my friend gets asked if he's nordic and scandinavian all the time, he's 6'4 with blonde hair and blue eyes, so it's pretty understandable.
My best friend gets asked if she's Irish because she's a ginger - but she's 5'9, has bright orange hair, pale skin and no freckles and is very obviously Scandinavian.

nice/dimply smiles on guys are definitely super duper appealing, I would take a man with an adorable smile and an average booty over a man with an average smile and an out of this world ass.

Quote:

Darwin23 said:
I'm trying to remember some. I know I've had some cool ones. I really liked this one:

Wow! It would definitely take both of us to kill you.
  - Two old white guys as I was lifting their paint at work.

HAHA, that's really really funny, like it would be something I would definitely jokingly tell a good friend who had a dry/morbid sense of humor and who knew me - but hearing that from a stranger would probably just make me do one of those awkward nervous giggles out of sheer discomfort.

I remember I was drunk and rolling one night in a cab with my roommate on the way to meet others at a venue, I was having a heart to heart(well, I thought I was at the time) with the cab driver about my awful experiences in Philadelphia, getting mugged, seeing multiple violent crimes involving guns and knives and going on about how it was a major culture shock and that I was scared and sad because I never fully realized the extent of the cruelty human beings are capable of before moving there. Like, just imagine an obviously fucked up on drugs and alcohol suburban white girl who was obviously very naive, in the back of your cab telling you wide eyed about how she felt doomed to die violently because of the things that "happen in this place" - except I was doing it in a veeeeery friendly manner.

He goes, "I can tell you are a good and warmhearted person, but I'm worried for you" then he turns to my roommate, who I think he might've thought was my boyfriend and goes, as we're getting out of the cab "Listen, dude, take care of her," in a very concerned manner. I think he just thought I was a wreck. My roommate just laughed and says "I mean, someone has to."

Quote:

Sheekle said:
Quote:

pirate-blues said:
I had a stranger tell me today that they "loved the way my canines were naturally sharp"

hahahahaha

The kicker was that it was the second thing they said to me, after complimenting my dress.

"I like your dress!"
"Thankyou, I love the stuff you find at fleamarkets"
"I love that your canines are naturally sharp"

I've also been told that I am "Daria meets a fluffy bunny", which isn't quite so odd, but definitely one of my favorite memorable compliments.

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Quote:

Unless he was just calling me fugly in his own way :shrug:

Many black people are fascinated by blue and green eyes. I guess its a case of the grass being greener on the other side.

I've got very dark hair from my sicilian half and the other half is German-Jewish, so they do betray my heritage a bit. He was a very nice outgoing gentlemen who was always poppin' 40's throughout the day, he just happened to scream "AHH HERE SHE COMES, YOU'RE BLINDING ME" every morning that was a little odd. But people screaming in Philly scream much much worse things generally, and I thought of it as our little inside joke lol.

OfflineThe Vapor
Lost In A Tea Daze

Loc: Misty Mountains, B.C. Flag
    #18223720 - 05/06/13 06:03 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

After getting a hair cut I heard "You look so handsome, now..". I'll blame it on her being ESL.

:lol:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Myyco.com Shop: Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale