Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSoulman420
Re: cakes are breakiing
    #18216 - 05/23/00 07:30 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

I dont think you used enough water when you mixed up the substrate.

I am not sure but maybe if you left the cakes on wet perlite for a day or so, they could get some water back in them.

good luck
peace soulman

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: cakes are breakiing [Re: Soulman420]
    #18218 - 05/24/00 10:01 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

I used 55-60 ml of water,there was a good bit of condensation on the inside of the jars. they were hard, it wasnt like they crumbled. the cake took on an hourglass shape, the middle sunk in but the bottom stayed the same.

I did some brainstorming at work and I am thinking maybe he should wait like a week after 100% colonization. maybe it just shrinks the bottom more slowly than the middle.

funny I never read anything about this though. Ive done my fair share of reading on the subject.

if anyone else has any experience with this problem please let me know what the remedy was, or if you are a master at this if you think I am on the right track.

XStatic

Offlinekeyzar
journeyman
    #18219 - 05/24/00 03:38 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Remove the lid. With a clean fork, scrape away the majority of the dry top vermiculite layer. There will probably be seen some wispy mycelium here and there in the top layer. Place an old jar lid over the jar mouth and turn the jar upside down. Lightly slam the jar down on a table cushioned with a magazine. The fungus cake will slide out onto the old jar cap (BIRTHDAY). The jar cap functions as a base for the cake. When handling the fungus cake, be careful as not to squeeze and bruise it. Bruising results in a bluish mark. This fungus is resilient and can tolerate a certain amount of handling, but handle it as least as possible. The aroma is distinctly mushroomy, very pleasant.

this was taken off pf's page

Anonymous

#18220 - 05/24/00 07:03 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

I dont know if Im quite making it clear what my problem is. the cake is STUCK inside the jar, really really stuck. banging it on the table doesnt do ANY good.

XStatic

OfflineVorpal
old hand

Loc: Kingston, Ontario, Canada
    #18221 - 05/24/00 07:25 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

two options:

1. wait until the cake shrinks some more

2. use a hammer, smashy smashy

Anonymous

#18222 - 05/27/00 04:06 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

good news, the cake is alive. he took the 2 halves and put them together, and apparantly they are growing back together. I have never heard this mmentioned before, its just kind of reconnecting the severed chunk, either this is way cool or Im really stoned. its got beautiful pins all over it, maybe a little fat, but beautiful because they are alive! there is only one spot, but that showed up AS the cake was being birthed and is very slowly going away, Im guessing bruise. there is one pin that I named pikachu because it looked very similar to pikachu for 4 hours, and now Im rambling.

XStatic

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale