Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Loc: Around Minneapolis.
how much does a tripping guide/partner direct an experience?
    #1810826 - 08/13/03 06:34 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I was thinking about this fellow I met while doing community service. we spent quite a few hours for a few days hanging out and working, an we got along well despite our differences: he was the epitome of the "townie" or "hick" stereotype. under different circumstances I could see the two of us trading fists instead of passing joints. by point is, given a neutral setting, I'll bet I'd get along ok with just about anyone, like fox news reporters or even mr. bush. I'll bet it's be fun to joke around with dubbya whislt snorting lines.

anyway, what about tripping with people who are very unsophisticated, who might benefit from direction? like beginner yoga classes for old people. it seems like the lsd wave is often criticised as being undirected, tim leary seemed to have thought that just the chemical itself would be enough to instill this profound experience, but I think that his expectation was grounded on his own experiences and those of other intellectually superior people like james, huxley, etc.

anyway yeah.

--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
Re: how much does a tripping guide/partner direct an experience? [Re: Malachi]
    #1810902 - 08/13/03 07:01 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

yeah exactly. when I trip with certain people, it's like I can't get that high, like there's a glass ceiling. the limiting factor in a shared experience is the intelligence level of the least intelligent member sharing the experience. so there's no meaningful interaction and we just have our own individual trips and thats that.
But when I trip with some worthy humans I have the most amazing experiences, mind blowing SHARED experiences, you know the type where you can just look at the other person months later and without saying a word you both just KNOW. like something special took place that was beyond an individual experience.

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Loc: Around Minneapolis.
Re: how much does a tripping guide/partner direct an experience? [Re: infidelGOD]
    #1811073 - 08/13/03 07:51 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

well that's part of it, but I disagree about the limiting factor. I think that, given the proper attitude, all parties involved can actually be raised to the highest factor, if you will.

perhaps not in groups, but it seems like if a sophisticated tripper is to take an average person and trip with them, actual good will be done vs. the harm to everyone that occurs without guidance.

--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom