Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineapplesmasher420
CGI and Visual Effects Artist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Kekistan
Wooowwwwww
    #18065269 - 04/06/13 12:02 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

So on my way home from work today I stopped at a gas station to fuel up. My card got declined so I was like wtf?!?! called my bank and they said a lean had been put on my account by the IRS and I was like :kingcrankey: WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT as I had just got my tax refund back for $1200

It turns out I was still in a joint account with my father who made it for me many many years ago before i was of age. I had been using it for so long I forgot he still had anything to do with the account. and because hes in mad debt they took all the $1500 I had in my account!!!!!

Thankfully I dont usually keep much money in the bank or they would have taken every cent. non the less, my total stack was just $4200 so that was a significant blow! Im down to $2700 now, This sucks ass because I was about to buy a car as I have been borrowing one from a friend for my daily commute to work also, I need to pay my rent!

DFWqvg13r25g2093=`8t1930jf :wtfsonic:

Opens my eyes to how easily my government could just take everything. Im never keeping money in a bank again. Just going to buy a bunch of diamonds as my wealth grows and lock them in a vault. :sad:

/rant

:heart:

--------------------

My Grow Logs!

My Trade List!

Every image and post made by this account is generated by AI :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

Re: Wooowwwwww [Re: applesmasher420]
    #18065488 - 04/06/13 01:08 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

wow that is ridiculous they can take your money like that. sorry to hear man

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

InvisibleShins
Fun guy
Male User Gallery

Re: Wooowwwwww [Re: ManianFH]
    #18065502 - 04/06/13 01:11 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

damn man,  id say make your day pay you back but hes your dad and probably supported you and bought you things most of your life and you probably owe him....hmmm.

--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Loc: Building 7
    #18066158 - 04/06/13 08:14 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

applesmasher420 said:
So on my way home from work today I stopped at a gas station to fuel up. My card got declined so I was like wtf?!?! called my bank and they said a lean had been put on my account by the IRS and I was like :kingcrankey: WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT as I had just got my tax refund back for $1200

It turns out I was still in a joint account with my father who made it for me many many years ago before i was of age. I had been using it for so long I forgot he still had anything to do with the account. and because hes in mad debt they took all the $1500 I had in my account!!!!!

Thankfully I dont usually keep much money in the bank or they would have taken every cent. non the less, my total stack was just $4200 so that was a significant blow! Im down to $2700 now, This sucks ass because I was about to buy a car as I have been borrowing one from a friend for my daily commute to work also, I need to pay my rent!

DFWqvg13r25g2093=`8t1930jf :wtfsonic:

Opens my eyes to how easily my government could just take everything. Im never keeping money in a bank again. Just going to buy a bunch of diamonds as my wealth grows and lock them in a vault. :sad:

/rant

:heart:

Better call your dad and then the IRS.  They put a lien on your account but probably haven't snatched it up yet.  You are just under arrest and still get to fight your case.  But yeah the thievery is only going to increase.  This Cyprus thing, the bail ins, and perhaps even more so the Japan massive printing thing and huge rate swings intraday yesterday are just sick.  The currency wars are started, and will get very ugly and soon.  Mark my words.

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

Offlineberdinwall
<3 whooooshhh

Loc: West Virginia
Re: Wooowwwwww [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #18067121 - 04/06/13 12:57 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

that's just so completely fucked. fuck this system

--------------------

Invisiblebryguy27007
Cosmonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: Wooowwwwww [Re: berdinwall]
    #18071623 - 04/07/13 12:00 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

That's complete bullshit, sorry to hear that man. Don't buy diamonds though, buy PMs if you want real money that's not in a bank. I hope you can get this sorted out though.

Offlineapplesmasher420
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Wooowwwwww [Re: bryguy27007]
    #18074474 - 04/07/13 10:10 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Shins said:
but hes your dad and probably supported you and bought you things most of your life and you probably owe him....hmmm.

^^^ :rolleyes: + Hes a Broke ass man atm

I cant blame anyone but myself for forgetting My account was joint with his name. I got the paperwork im having him fill out tomorrow that separates him from my account.

Quote:

LunarEclipse said:
Better call your dad and then the IRS.  They put a lien on your account but probably haven't snatched it up yet.  You are just under arrest and still get to fight your case.  But yeah the thievery is only going to increase.  This Cyprus thing, the bail ins, and perhaps even more so the Japan massive printing thing and huge rate swings intraday yesterday are just sick.  The currency wars are started, and will get very ugly and soon.  Mark my words.

They claim he owes $13,000+ and My father claims He doesnt owe them anything and his tax proffesional is working on it. My funds are being held until the 19th at which point they will take it. Everyone I talked to at my bank said their was nothing I can do. So my Fathers tax proffesional is my only shot. Im not too worried about it though, It is what it is.

Quote:

bryguy27007 said:
That's complete bullshit, sorry to hear that man. Don't buy diamonds though, buy PMs if you want real money that's not in a bank. I hope you can get this sorted out though.

Any particular reason? Are Pms more stable?

Which would you reccomend? I cant imagine gold is going to keep rising from the $1600/Oz Its at now right? Id hate to invest in that and watch it drop.

What PMs would you reccomend? Why?

Thanks Everyone! :heart:

--------------------

My Grow Logs!

My Trade List!

Invisiblebryguy27007
Cosmonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #18076331 - 04/08/13 11:39 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Diamond prices are artificially inflated and have no historical significance of being used as money (that I'm aware of). I think silver and gold are great investments to protect against inflation, a corrupt banking/fiat monetary system (which always fail by the way), and as an additional bonus, you might even make a decent chunk of change if you want to switch back into fiat later.

PMs are a little wild right now but in my opinion, they're going back up. At least on the timeframe of 1-2+ years. I'd recommend at least some silver and a little gold if you can afford it. Make sure you buy physical and actually own the metal. There are plenty of places to buy them including E-bay, Apmex, Kitco, Provident, Sunshine, etc.

Offlineapplesmasher420
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #18076608 - 04/08/13 12:33 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Good point, Ill definately be picking up some silver as it seems to be at a fairly low point in its history. gold on the other hand I have a feeling will be dropping in the near future. But really i have no idea. :shrug:

Thanks for the sources! I was looking at Apmex last night, who do you think has the best prices? :o

--------------------

My Grow Logs!

My Trade List!

Invisiblebryguy27007
Cosmonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #18076625 - 04/08/13 12:37 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Well depending on how much you're picking up it might be cheaper to find an LCS (local coin shop). Otherwise I've generally bought my bullion (.999/.9999) from Apmex and my 90% from E-bay. Make sure to pay by a check with Apmex so you get the lower pricing. I've had good luck with Apmex but I think all of those sites will treat you right. Just figure out what you want and poke around and see who has the cheapest once you figure in fees/shipping.

I don't think you will be disappointed in silver. So long as you're holding for at least a couple of years. I could always be wrong though.

Offlinech1ck3n.s0up
Troubled Loner
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hunting Fungi
    #18077108 - 04/08/13 02:16 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Let this be a lesson to you.

Don't trust the banks too much dude. Your accounts can be frozen/cleaned out at any time.

It probably won't make you feel any better, but it could be a lot worse. $1500 is very little. This happens with tens, and hundreds of thousands--even more.

Next thing you know you're talking to a polite banker who is telling you--gently but firmly, "We are truly sorry for the inconvenience, but due to (insert B.S. here) your account has been locked and..."

--------------------

"Inspiration ~ Move me brightly ~ light the song with sense and color ~ hold away despair ~ more than this I will not ask ~ faced with mysteries dark and vast ~ statements just seem vain at last" --Jerry Garcia, Terrapin Station

"Officer, I'm going to remain silent, and I would like to speak with a lawyer. I'm not resisting, but I don't consent to any searches.

Edited by ch1ck3n.s0up (04/08/13 02:41 PM)

Offlineapplesmasher420
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Wooowwwwww [Re: ch1ck3n.s0up]
    #18078008 - 04/08/13 04:56 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks bry I have a sweet coinshop by my workplace, Ill check out their prices.

Quote:

ch1ck3n.s0up said:
Let this be a lesson to you.

Don't trust the banks too much dude. Your accounts can be frozen/cleaned out at any time.

It probably won't make you feel any better, but it could be a lot worse. $1500 is very little. This happens with tens, and hundreds of thousands--even more.

Next thing you know you're talking to a polite banker who is telling you--gently but firmly, "We are truly sorry for the inconvenience, but due to (insert B.S. here) your account has been locked and..."

Believe me i always knew. The $1500 they stole was ALL i had in the account. They were after $13,500+

If i kept all my money in the bank i would have been fucked.

This certainly did wake me up though, never keeping any more in a bank than i need if any at all. Also Inspired me to get on that sound money hype! Lol :heart:

--------------------

My Grow Logs!

My Trade List!

Offlinech1ck3n.s0up
Troubled Loner
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hunting Fungi
    #18079055 - 04/08/13 08:24 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Damn, bro, close call. You could have lost everything.

Close that effing account down asap.

--------------------

"Inspiration ~ Move me brightly ~ light the song with sense and color ~ hold away despair ~ more than this I will not ask ~ faced with mysteries dark and vast ~ statements just seem vain at last" --Jerry Garcia, Terrapin Station

"Officer, I'm going to remain silent, and I would like to speak with a lawyer. I'm not resisting, but I don't consent to any searches.

Invisiblenight trainV
Stranger
Male

Loc: Midwest US
    #18113933 - 04/15/13 04:36 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Your dad could've given you a heads up as the IRS sends out tons of notices that they might levy your account, and then that they going to levy your account and then we will levy your account if you don't contact us, then we will levy your account on such and such day.  A little heads up from him and you could've taken it out way before they had a chance to take it.  They don't just take money out without notice, they literally send 2-3 notices a month for months before they do it.

--------------------
Lil' Shop of Spores - Exotic Mushroom Spores From Around the World
Save 10% Off Any Order Use Coupon Code: SHROOMERY

Offlinempd
Lammen Gorthaur
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mostly at home... Mostly....
Re: Wooowwwwww [Re: night train]
    #18146709 - 04/21/13 07:58 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

I have ad many disagreements with the IRS and my experience reflects upon a massive paper trail.  Where are all the communications warning of this dread event?

--------------------
There is no truer calling for mankind than that of true conservatism.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale