Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinestu_lanky
Stranger
 User Gallery
ID Request Pending, for Psilocybe semilanceata - South East Melbourne, Victoria 2013
    #18055784 - 04/04/13 01:07 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Hi all, new to The Shroomery and my first season attempt at hunting Mushroom's... After plenty research went hunting in Melbournes far Southeast, collected some mushrooms that I am fairly confident are Psilocybe semilanceata... Would appreciate it if someone could confidently confirm this for me or let me know there a no go etc.?

Habitat [Melbourne SE, Victoria, Australia]:
Slightly hilly terrain with medium density on outskirts of outer suburban, where varying between woods and shrubs; found in thick grass in and around thick shrubbery...

Gills:
Color - Brown, darker after being picked, gills are 'adnate'...

Stem:
Length - 100mm to 150mm; Diameter - 2mm to 3mm roughly; color - clear/white (bear of marks and colouring); texture - strand like, with a tendency for the strands along stem to fall apart/disintegrate; not sure if hollow/solid as stems did not remain whole for long after they were picked; but were def thin etc...

Cap:
Diameter - 10mm to 15mm; brown; conical

Spore print color:
Brown possibly DARK purple

Bruising:
Mushroom does not seem to have much notable bruising, if any its increased browning after picked. But no sign of bruising specific to the stem, at all, the stems remain completely bare.

Other information:
Its worth noting that the stems are coming apart, gently handling these and they still fall apart, i dont know if this means anything?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleByrain

Trusted Identifier
Re: ID Request Pending, for Psilocybe semilanceata - South East Melbourne, Victoria 2013 [Re: stu_lanky]
    #18055787 - 04/04/13 01:12 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

You found a Psathyrella species.

Invisiblegullhole
buuuuuds
Male User Gallery

Loc: WA
Re: ID Request Pending, for Psilocybe semilanceata - South East Melbourne, Victoria 2013 [Re: stu_lanky]
    #18055809 - 04/04/13 01:31 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

yeah not libs

--------------------

InvisibleTimmiTM
 User Gallery

Loc: Victoria Flag
Trusted Identifier
    #18056197 - 04/04/13 05:17 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

You won't find libs in Melbourne. They are quite rare in Australia. They only really grow in alpine areas.

--------------------
"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination" ~ John Lennon

Offlinemushroomtiger
a little left of centre
Re: ID Request Pending, for Psilocybe semilanceata - South East Melbourne, Victoria 2013 [Re: TimmiT]
    #18085457 - 04/10/13 02:08 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Hey guy's,

Is there a Melbourne 2013 thread up and about yet?

InvisibleTimmiTM
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: ID Request Pending, for Psilocybe semilanceata - South East Melbourne, Victoria 2013 [Re: mushroomtiger]
    #18085555 - 04/10/13 02:39 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Nope. The season hasn't really started yet. Season threads have to start with photos of a find from the current season.

--------------------

Offlineobtuse
myco0
I'm a teapot

Loc: tasmania Flag
Trusted Identifier
Re: ID Request Pending, for Psilocybe semilanceata - South East Melbourne, Victoria 2013 [Re: TimmiT]
    #18085747 - 04/10/13 04:59 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

TimmiT said:
You won't find libs in Melbourne. They are quite rare in Australia. They only really grow in alpine areas.

Sorry bloke, but i'm starting to wonder that they arent as rare as made out.  I think its a case of just not knowing to look.

I'm finding them in Tasmania at 400 ft above sea level in a semi-coastal region.  definitely not alpine.

In talking to others here in tas, seems they turn up all over the place.

Just a thought anyway.

Tip: your lookign for pixie caps not flying saucers :mushroom2:

Cheers, Ob.

InvisiblePsychoReactive
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cocalero
Re: ID Request Pending, for Psilocybe semilanceata - South East Melbourne, Victoria 2013 [Re: obtuse]
    #18085835 - 04/10/13 07:04 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

5 more weeks Im predicting :shrug:

OfflineDegenerate
TAP TAP SNIP SNIP
 User Gallery

Re: ID Request Pending, for Psilocybe semilanceata - South East Melbourne, Victoria 2013 [Re: PsychoReactive]
    #18111503 - 04/15/13 04:19 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

I agree...based on last years season (which did start early)...but not this early.

Saying this...today was amazing weather for all avid mycologists to start coming back to forums. *wink*

We starting an official Melbourne forum soon?

I had a dream too....Shroomery had a smartphone app where people were closer connected to the forums, and used their smart phones to upload photos for instant IDs and bragging.

Fortunately in this dream, locators were turned off too...but it was an awesome app, and shroomery became globally famous *hint hint*. Will be happy to discuss plans with devs.
I have app makers.

Good to see you all. Happy hunting for 2013. :smile:
May our season be plentiful and exciting.

--------------------
Of all the things I miss I boast...I think I miss my mind the most

InvisiblePsychoReactive
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cocalero
Re: ID Request Pending, for Psilocybe semilanceata - South East Melbourne, Victoria 2013 [Re: Degenerate]
    #18111550 - 04/15/13 04:55 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

As soon as someone finds a sub they can start the Melbourne thread :congrats:

I had a 10 gram dry subs trip on Saturday, blew my socks off... lol :raveface:

OfflineDegenerate
TAP TAP SNIP SNIP
 User Gallery

Re: ID Request Pending, for Psilocybe semilanceata - South East Melbourne, Victoria 2013 [Re: PsychoReactive]
    #18111644 - 04/15/13 06:26 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

I had some beautiful mug of my signature blue tea with jasmin and honey.
Watched a couple episodes of goodies....was a great night.

--------------------
Of all the things I miss I boast...I think I miss my mind the most

InvisibleTimmiTM
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: ID Request Pending, for Psilocybe semilanceata - South East Melbourne, Victoria 2013 [Re: obtuse]
    #18111786 - 04/15/13 07:47 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

obtuse said:
Quote:

TimmiT said:

Sorry bloke, but i'm starting to wonder that they arent as rare as made out.  I think its a case of just not knowing to look.

I'm finding them in Tasmania at 400 ft above sea level in a semi-coastal region.  definitely not alpine.

In talking to others here in tas, seems they turn up all over the place.

Just a thought anyway.

Tip: your lookign for pixie caps not flying saucers :mushroom2:

Cheers, Ob.

Sorry, I must have missed this reply.

Perhaps they're not so rare in Tasmania, but they are in the rest of Australia.

At least in Vic, NSW & ACT they seem to be limited to alpine areas and are not found frequently. This may be less true in Tas as the latitude discounts the need for altitude, but we don't see them posted very often.

--------------------

OfflineVoicetemp
Stranger
    #18120489 - 04/16/13 08:09 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

10g??? Me and my mate a few months back had 0.6g dried P.subs, which had been stored away for a few months which pretty much put me on my arse.

I can remember lying in the grass and I was sooooo relaxed I was snoring but I was fully awake, and all I could do was just lie there and watch all the shapes form when I closed my eyes, I honestly couldn't imagine 10g's. I also remember losing my grip on reality and it was only 0.6g, 10g and I would still be off with the fairies!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags