Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAbracadabra
TetraHydraCannibinol
Loc: North Carolina, US
North Carolina Magic Mushrooms? * 1
    #1805252 - 08/12/03 11:03 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Hey all, I have recently moved to NC, and I have no idea if there are any around my area. The shroomery.com locations section say there are Psilocybe cubensis and Psilocybe caerulipes. I live in the Asheville area. Wondering if anyone has had luck finding either and if so what type of area? Cow feild, horse feild, etc.? I myself have went out to a cow feild a couple of times down the road w/ no luck but maybe you folks have. Thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAbracadabra
TetraHydraCannibinol
Re: North Carolina Magic Mushrooms? [Re: Abracadabra] * 1
    #1805357 - 08/12/03 11:42 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

If anyone have pictures of the Psilocybe caerulipes please post.

InvisibleYidakiMan
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #1805593 - 08/12/03 12:45 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

You could try looking for the pictures you seek first.

OfflineAbracadabra
TetraHydraCannibinol
Re: North Carolina Magic Mushrooms? [Re: YidakiMan] * 1
    #1806012 - 08/12/03 02:20 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I have, I looked all over the internet, google web search and image search, altavista web search and image search. I have only found two good quality pictures, none in their natural habitats. There is a nice picture on Shroomery but I wanted to see a few more. Everyone here that has posted pics seem to be pretty nice. Wanted to see a few more before I go out and try to find them.

Offlineaminitaman
FUK THAGOVERNMENT,IMSMOKIN' BLUNTSAND LOVIN' IT

Loc: Tha BlueGrass State,Kentu...
    #1806156 - 08/12/03 02:53 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Psilocybe caerulipes grows on decaying wood,its also called the blue foot psilocybe,because its usually already blue at the base of stem before you find this mushroom,here are a few pics of picked psilocybe caerulipes: http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/21871 also here are some pictures of them growing in their real habitat: http://www.magic-mushrooms.net/MMPICKINGGUIDE.HTML ,and yes these do grow in your area!So go get sum,PEACE!
-cypruss hill rulez-
PS-I wonder if Pann Subbs grow in your area,thats another possible active species,Ive found'em in KY.

--------------------
its tha big parafenizzle
with tha big mushroomizzle
ya gotta know its off tha hizzle

OfflineAbracadabra
TetraHydraCannibinol
Re: North Carolina Magic Mushrooms? [Re: aminitaman] * 1
    #1806184 - 08/12/03 03:00 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks a bunch man, really appreciate the help. Do you find these growing only ON wood? From what I read that's how it is Birch and Pine are their main hang out though. Not sure on the Pann Subbs but if anyone knows that'd be cool. Oh yeah and Cypress Hill is the fuckin shit man HELL YEAH!!!

OfflineMuecci
Muecci
    #1806931 - 08/12/03 06:30 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Hey Bro,

I live in Central NC and been on about 7/8 hunting trips to horse and cow pastures looking for Cubensis and a bunch of times in the woods looking for the rare blue foot (Caerulipes). Unfortunately, the closest I have come is Psilocybe coprophila (non active) in old horse dung. :frown:

The weather has been perfect for hunting lately but haven't come up with anything. If you or anyone else have any personal experience here in NC please let us know.

Muecci 

OfflineAbracadabra
TetraHydraCannibinol
Re: North Carolina Magic Mushrooms? [Re: Muecci] * 1
    #1807024 - 08/12/03 06:54 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah man, I've went out in a couple of cow pastures about 4 times trying to find Cubensis and haven't had any luck. You're right though the weather has been great, just wish the picking was. The locations faq on shroomery says that Cubensis can be found here but I dont know. We haven't had over three days in a row w/out rain in atleast a month. I went out today actually looking for the blue foot and looked around a little bit for the Pan Subbs testing Amanitaman's theory but no luck yet. I'm planning on trying again tomorrow. Wish me luck all. If i find anything I'll let everyone know. Oh by the way I'm going out tonight too to see if I can find some Cubensis in the horse pasture down the road, haven't got off my ass to check it out yet, only a few horses out there so I don't know how it's going to go. I really wish I'd find something soon, it's really dissapointing when you sneak on someones property and find nothing. If anyone around the area (Asheville) has found anything let us know.

Peace and happy shroomin!

OfflineRemy
Bitches Brew
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlanta, GA
    #1807070 - 08/12/03 07:06 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I have looked around the asheville area many times with no luck, however i strongly believe that subbs, and possibly cubes grow there.

Invisiblesloluva

Loc: Ohio
    #1807082 - 08/12/03 07:10 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

On a mildly related note, if you need a hunting partner with a 4x4, PM me... I moved to Asheville about 5 months ago.

OfflineMuecci
Muecci
Re: North Carolina Magic Mushrooms? [Re: Remy] * 1
    #1807272 - 08/12/03 08:09 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

What are the factors that make you "firmly beleive that subbs and possibly cubes" grow here? Is that based on intuition or just the 5 minute dreams you have at night or maybe b/c you think that panns and cubes sounds right?

Offlinewert
unicellular

Loc: ohio US
    #1807363 - 08/12/03 08:30 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

does anybody know about magicmushrooms growing wild in Ohio? there are woods right behind my house and ive seen so many mushrooms growing in fields and in the clearings. I just dont know if any are psilocybin.

--------------------
Choice:? The capabilities of the human mind should not be limited.? So long as people do not directly harm others, governments should not criminally prohibit cognitive enhancement or the experience of any mental state.

OfflineAbracadabra
TetraHydraCannibinol
Re: North Carolina Magic Mushrooms? [Re: wert] * 1
    #1807397 - 08/12/03 08:37 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Make another thread man. This isn't for Ohio. The shroomery has a locations faq if you wanna know. Do some research before asking.
http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/7910

Offlinewert
unicellular

Loc: ohio US
    #1807421 - 08/12/03 08:44 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

sorry ithoughtu were good hearted

--------------------
Choice:? The capabilities of the human mind should not be limited.? So long as people do not directly harm others, governments should not criminally prohibit cognitive enhancement or the experience of any mental state.

OfflineAbracadabra
TetraHydraCannibinol
Re: North Carolina Magic Mushrooms? [Re: wert] * 1
    #1807434 - 08/12/03 08:47 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

It's cool man but you'll get a way better response if you make a new thread.

OfflineAbracadabra
TetraHydraCannibinol
    #1807753 - 08/12/03 10:12 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

So anyone got any new input on the Psilocybe cubensis and Psilocybe caerulipes in the area?

OfflineMuecci
Muecci
    #1810621 - 08/13/03 05:32 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Anyone... anyone???

Offlinecosmo
LiquidFunkster

#3146163 - 09/16/04 10:46 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Ive just gotta put my 2 cents worth in on this one. I know its an old post but NC residents need to know the truth. You are not going to phind any cubes in NC unless you live near the coast. Believe me, Ive searched across the state and the closer to the coast you are the better your luck will be. You Can likely find "blue ringers" statewide . I think its a Panleous(sp?) type. I used to pick those in my grandmas garden. Not very psycoactive but still fun times. They might just be in your tomato patch rite now! Blue foot is really hard to find. It looks just like the leaves on the forrest floor so you have to look very close to the ground. You will prolly waste too much time to really have any luck. NC is not the best state for shroom hunting. occasionally you can find a stray cube in the piedmont but I wouldnt waste my time. The real fun in NC is the number of colorful, strange, and large shrooms found here(along with slime molds) not the ones people eat for trips. Oh yeah if you have any hints on how to find bluefoot Im all ears.

--------------------
"Thinking only begins at the point where we have come to know that Reason, glorified for centuries, is the most obstinate adversary of thinking."
-Heidegger

OfflineFrankieN
Stranger

#3147341 - 09/17/04 07:39 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I found a solitary cube last week near jacksonville NC, I was so excited. I was just walking along on a sidewalk next to a grassy area, not a cow or horse pasture, just a regular grassy area like in a park. I thought it was a cube right away because the brown gills were clearly visible, and it looked like all the pictures I've seen, and unlike all the poisonous one, am I right (not really asking for ID so don't bitch about format). Too bad there was only one, here's a pic,

I had just got my digital camera and didn't know what I was doing so the pic is real blury. This find has really motivated me, I'm gonna try and go hunting as soon as I'm able to, I already checked the area I found this and surrounding areas with no luck. And if your wondering I do know other people who have had success with cubes in NC, jacksonville area atleast, good luck.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: North Carolina Magic Mushrooms? [Re: cosmo] * 1
    #3147436 - 09/17/04 08:15 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Blue ringers are indigenous only to the pacific Northwest from Eugene, Oregon to British Colombia and from west of the cascades to east of the Olympics and mostly along the region of the I-5 Corridor.

To Wert, Most of the collections of Psilocybe caerulipes were in Ohio and Michigan and growing only in man-made environo ments in public places in mulched areas of public gardens.

80 people were arrested one year ago picking a massive collection of P. caerulipes in Wheeler, West Virgina.

It would be extremeley rare to find any in the woods. And they love hardwoods such as alder and willow. They do not like cedar. Not sure about birch but Amanita's are a symbiotic mushroom which grow in association with Birch and pine.

p.s.s I also posted images here of P. caerulipes and they are on my site under their name inthe species a section as well as in the Shrooery's Ultimate Shroom Guide.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate