Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

Loc: Darkside of the moon Flag
N. rustica minum pot size
    #17989715 - 03/21/13 01:48 PM (11 years, 29 days ago)

my N. rusticas in 1 gallon pots.

whats the minimum size I can get away with from this size plant to flower to harvest?

--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSse
Saṃsāra

Loc: Interdependent Co-arising
Re: N. rustica minum pot size [Re: ferrel_human]
    #17990432 - 03/21/13 04:22 PM (11 years, 28 days ago)

good question.

--------------------
"Springs of water welling from the fire"

"Life may seem to flee in a moment, but when the mind is freed of the veil of ignorance, and illusion that comes between the mind and the truth, life and death are only opposite sides of the same coin - "water welling from the fire."

"Within us, we carry the world of no-birth and no-death. But we never touch it, because we live only with our notions."
-Thich Nhat Hanh
instant
"Experience always goes beyond ideas"

OfflineEthnoGrower
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: N. rustica minum pot size [Re: Sse]
    #17990543 - 03/21/13 04:45 PM (11 years, 28 days ago)

Well even an apple tree and any tree really can grow in a tiny pot and be flowered and fruit to seed, this is called bonsai. basically I would be willing to say those 1 gallon pots may make a smaller plant, however they will still flower and seed. Those will be fine, and you could do root trimming, imo. I've flowered many plants in 1 gal pots. Including jalapenos and other similar veggies and some herbs like basils. I never grew out rustica all the way or know much about it started some seeds and then forgot what happen to the plants, I think i moved.

--------------------
:likeaboss:

Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

Re: N. rustica minum pot size [Re: EthnoGrower]
    #17991305 - 03/21/13 07:05 PM (11 years, 28 days ago)

I just wanna keep small grows going. If I can keep them there good but if it will hinder the plant I will have to figure something out.

The one thing I hate is the constant watering when they get root bound. Its a daily thing.

--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

OfflineEthnoGrower
Stranger
 User Gallery

#17991389 - 03/21/13 07:26 PM (11 years, 28 days ago)

A sprinkler system and separate the more fragile cacti from the plants (like lophs) my column cacti were fine in full sun and getting hit with water everyday. They grew GREAT actually (florida sun). Some of the bigger ones in 1 gal pots rootbounded sucked the water right out anyways + fast draining soils (somewhat heavy in perlite). Walking out in the morning to turn on the hose for like an hour is no big deal.

As far as hindering the plant goes, once rootbound I'm pretty sure that is what will happen it will stunt the overall max size the plant will get, however I do not see it stopping the plant from flowering and for some plants it may even force or help flowering. However due to being a smaller plant cap size the amount of flowers and seed output will be lower as well as leaf harvests.

Rustica is one of the plants I plan on growing in the future I still have some seeds. All of my growing is indoors now though except for some food crops will be outdoors. My indoors crops are all bonsai (tomatoes, lettuce, everything). So will my rustica, however my bonsai are in like 16 oz cups or 1/2 gal bags, not the really tiny bonsai pots commonly used for tress (which are awesome plants). The lettuce was done in a small bowl with lots of plants, they grew maybe half the size as normal lettuce in large beds would get.

Bonsai apple tree :

I have Brazilian cherry trees (Eugenia uniflora) around here I might pick up out the ground, one of the smaller ones and stick it in a bonsai tray. I really want a bonsai fruit tree. Some of those Japanese trees look pretty damn nice too but no fruits, I'm into ethnos really, fruiting or psychoactives (depending on the psychoactive, I've become very picky about them) I see some like morning glory and hbwr to be damn near poisonous. However the majority of psychoactives I would grow mainly for ornamental purposes, and one I really want to see growing (bonsai'd) is belladonna I just have a feeling that one, will have a very nice look to it, like many of the other poisonous/psychoactive plants.

I've done Klip dagga (huge success), jalapenos (success), few types of basils (fair success), medusa peppers (pretty big success), there's more that I can't think of right now all in 1 gal pots completely fine and seeded. Oh the mimosa that you touch and the leaves move I've had some success with that in 1 gal seeding also pretty cool plant too. The daturas might've went into a 3 gal, not sure. Poisonous plant but has the coolest damn seedpods and leaves that almost glow, which is the kind of stuff I am talking about with poisonous plants, they are unique. Marijuana/Lophs? Psychoactives, very unique.

You can always let them rootbound check out what is going on then decide whether or not you want to transplant then.

--------------------

Edited by EthnoGrower (03/21/13 07:55 PM)

Offlineshadowman-x
Useless hippy.
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
    #17995266 - 03/22/13 02:43 PM (11 years, 27 days ago)

Those are great how they aer.
In smaller than 1 gallon pots my N.rusticas got 3 feet tall and had a great harvest.

They're GOLD man, just give em tons of sunlight and water. (only if theres tons of sun though)

OfflineEthnoGrower
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: N. rustica minum pot size [Re: shadowman-x]
    #17995305 - 03/22/13 02:52 PM (11 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

shadowman-x said:
Those are great how they are.
In smaller than 1 gallon pots my N.rusticas got 3 feet tall and had a great harvest.

They're GOLD man, just give em tons of sunlight and water. (only if theres tons of sun though)

Yea rustica has tiny tiny seeds, so I'd imagine even if you kept it really small and flowered it you'd yield a fair amount of seed.

I actually want to grow it and cure it for a few years and then smoke some of it.

--------------------

Edited by EthnoGrower (03/22/13 03:01 PM)

OfflineTheHydrogenBomb
I SUPPORT RULE #4
 User Gallery

Loc: Silent Hill Flag
    #17995630 - 03/22/13 04:05 PM (11 years, 27 days ago)

how old are those dude?

--------------------
:reset:

Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

Re: N. rustica minum pot size [Re: TheHydrogenBomb]
    #17995807 - 03/22/13 04:57 PM (11 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

TheHydrogenBomb said:
how old are those dude?

3 weeks old.

--------------------
-Karode

OfflineTheHydrogenBomb
I SUPPORT RULE #4
 User Gallery

Loc: Silent Hill Flag
    #17995820 - 03/22/13 04:59 PM (11 years, 27 days ago)

WHAAT?
those are huge for being 3 weeks old,

mine are like half of that,
maybe 4-5 weeks old.

--------------------
:reset:

Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

Re: N. rustica minum pot size [Re: TheHydrogenBomb]
    #17995842 - 03/22/13 05:04 PM (11 years, 27 days ago)

I sprinked miracle gro slow release ferts when I transplanted them. I left for work and one week later they were root bound.

miracle gro is good stuff.

--------------------
-Karode

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies