Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineflybynite
amatuer

Loc: Hyperspace
Any experience with Mazatapec? * 1
    #1794902 - 08/09/03 08:50 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Busy day for my friend, pc'ed the some 1/2 pint brf jars early this AM and plans to innoculate tonight after everything cools down real well. He will use Mazatapec strain and store jars in a aquarium heater incubation set up - two tupperware containers with lid on top incubation chamber - temp - 84 - 86 F RH 70 - 80. Will cold shock/ dunk and then grow from cakes in perlite chamber.

Any experience with Mazatapec? What this strain likes, dislikes, colonization time etc? Also with the lid closed, will this provide enough air eaxchange for incubation? The room its in is not the cleanest, and I thought the lid would help keep out possible contams....
Thanks for any info!

--------------------
Deep into that darkness peering long I stood there wondering fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dreamed before....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: Any experience with Mazatapec? [Re: flybynite]
    #1794953 - 08/09/03 09:31 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

You don't really need much air exchange for incubation, especially with PF Tek jars. The humidity doesn' matter much either. They work good though, just through some blankets over it and don't open it all the time. My friend just strings his probe for thermo through the lid and throws it on top of the blankets. This lets him see the temp without fooling with it. I think the blankets help with evaporation too. He hasn't put any water in there in over a month and the level is still fine.

InvisibleMESCALATO
hunting.
 User Gallery

Loc: Central Alabama
    #1794992 - 08/09/03 10:04 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

i found maza colonize just a little slower than my G.T. do and the fruits tend to be a little smaller than the G.T. as well but they are a very nice strain to work with in my expereince

--------------------

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
    #1795019 - 08/09/03 10:20 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Maz is one of the most trouble free strains my friend has grown. Very prolific pinners!

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

Offlineflybynite
amatuer

Re: Any experience with Mazatapec? [Re: dog]
    #1795053 - 08/09/03 10:45 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks to one and all for the info

--------------------
Deep into that darkness peering long I stood there wondering fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dreamed before....

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #1795296 - 08/09/03 12:51 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

your in for a good experience, mazatapecs are excellent!
Growth of them follows pf to a T...
Easy strain with a beatiful vibe :thumbup:

InvisibleTxTec
Texas home andheart breaker...

#1795450 - 08/09/03 01:50 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

One of my favorites and the caps are very beautiful w/ the little white spots. Mine colonised pretty quick and great visuals..w/enhanced colouration :thumbup:

--------------------
I felt a warm warm breeze that melted metal and steele

Offlinehyper_dermic
stranger withcandy

Loc: the land of excess
Re: Any experience with Mazatapec? [Re: flybynite] * 1
    #1796107 - 08/09/03 05:40 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Busy day for my friend, pc'ed the some 1/2 pint brf jars early this AM and plans to innoculate tonight after everything cools down real well. He will use Mazatapec strain and store jars in a aquarium heater incubation set up - two tupperware containers with lid on top incubation chamber - temp - 84 - 86 F RH 70 - 80. Will cold shock/ dunk and then grow from cakes in perlite chamber.

See, now THATS my kind of newbie!
he obviously read the FAQ and understood it, started his grow, askes a question and posts relative information as well!!
he wil make a fine member of the community!! yay good rating for you

Quote:

Any experience with Mazatapec? What this strain likes, dislikes, colonization time etc? Also with the lid closed, will this provide enough air eaxchange for incubation? The room its in is not the cleanest, and I thought the lid would help keep out possible contams....
Thanks for any info!

i found that Mazatapecs are very friendly mushrooms, tho not the largest of all mushrooms, they come in numbers.
lots of pins, (lots of aborts :/), lots of mushrooms....
VERY rizo and AGGRESIVE mycellum
Hearty and contam resistant as well....
potent for a cubie (or so ive heard)
they enjoy hangin out on humid summer days, hate wintersports, go well with red wine, and are the "quiet type"

enjoy!

[hyp]

Offlineflybynite
amatuer

Re: Any experience with Mazatapec? [Re: hyper_dermic]
    #1796737 - 08/09/03 09:55 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for the vote of confidence hyper. Spores are in, my friend flamed needle between jars and wiped needle with alcohol swab between holes, in a tupperware glove box. One question he had after its done, doesn't alcohol kill spores? He used a minimal amount, but wondered about that. Any way all is in the incubator and tucked away for a good sleep. keep you posted....

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale