Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleArtieFartie
Mind Manipulator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: A Psychedelic Realm
Tramadol made me have a Seizure!
    #17942169 - 03/12/13 01:30 AM (11 years, 19 days ago)

Hey guys,

So yesterday, I had taken some Tramadol and Gabapentin for my Sciatica.
More Tramadol then normal, but I've taken more before.

A couple ours later I had a court ordered group drug&alcohol counseling meeting to attend.

When I got there, me and a friend of mine started setting up chairs, the next thing I know I wake up on a hospital bed, getting rolled into an Ambulance.

I talked to my friend who was there, and he said that I was shaking vigorously, foaming at the mouth, and sounded like I was being electrocuted. He also said there was a point where I didn't breathe for about two minutes.

So I get to the hospital, they inject me with Lorazepam (awesome) put me through 2 CT  scans, then they released me.

Have you ever had a Seizure?
Scary stuff....

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
Re: Tramadol made me have a Seizure! [Re: ArtieFartie]
    #17942187 - 03/12/13 01:39 AM (11 years, 19 days ago)

If this was ODD I'd probably post it but not Pub.

You really should post something though in ODD under opiates (should be opiods but whatever) on your doses, time, frequency, etc to prevent this from happening to other people.

I've read of it before but wow, an actual experience, that kind of really sucks and I'm sorry for your pain.

Feel free to contribute to the gabapentin thread I've got going there, I'm still trying to give it a decent go for my pain and it looks like I need to find a sweet spot for it.

Very weird head feeling, my mood and thoughts are a lot different, but if it can make my pain go away and not be a terrible opiate, I can get my grip on shit, ya kno?

Pain fucking sucks dick. I'm so very sorry you had a seizure.

I had started taking Wellbutrin way back when and forget that I had started it, took some DXM powder and completely forgot about it. It was the worst trip of my life. I'm pretty sure I seized out. Reality was gone for a very long time and I wet myself, also chipped a tooth. All of the muscles in my body were sore. I guess that's more seratonin syndrome but still.. God what a tough lesson to learn the very hard way. I never fucked up with drugs like that again (as far as mixing, knowing my mind/body/source/dose/etc).

InvisibleArtieFartie
Mind Manipulator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: A Psychedelic Realm
Re: Tramadol made me have a Seizure! [Re: Adden]
    #17942213 - 03/12/13 01:48 AM (11 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

Dystopia said:
If this was ODD I'd probably post it but not Pub.

You really should post something though in ODD under opiates (should be opiods but whatever) on your doses, time, frequency, etc to prevent this from happening to other people.

I've read of it before but wow, an actual experience, that kind of really sucks and I'm sorry for your pain.

Feel free to contribute to the gabapentin thread I've got going there, I'm still trying to give it a decent go for my pain and it looks like I need to find a sweet spot for it.

Very weird head feeling, my mood and thoughts are a lot different, but if it can make my pain go away and not be a terrible opiate, I can get my grip on shit, ya kno?

Pain fucking sucks dick. I'm so very sorry you had a seizure.

I had started taking Wellbutrin way back when and forget that I had started it, took some DXM powder and completely forgot about it. It was the worst trip of my life. I'm pretty sure I seized out. Reality was gone for a very long time and I wet myself, also chipped a tooth. All of the muscles in my body were sore. I guess that's more seratonin syndrome but still.. God what a tough lesson to learn the very hard way. I never fucked up with drugs like that again (as far as mixing, knowing my mind/body/source/dose/etc).

I love Gaba, the effects remind me of a low dose of MDMA without the rolling.
You get energy, your body feels great, and you get a very good mood uplift.

And I didn't know seizures from tramadol were rare.
Are they? That's what I assumed from your post.

Anyways,
Thanks man, Seizures really do suck dick.

--------------------

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
    #17942272 - 03/12/13 02:19 AM (11 years, 19 days ago)

You hear about them every now and then in some opiate threads. Someone will give a casual mention of it in ODD or something.

I mean, seizures are a side-effect, so they must happen to a lot of people who have taken it.

Last night I had taken a bit of kratom, too much gabapentin for my own good and got really baked, I dunno, I finally found a sweet spot for gaba.

The combo kinda felt like tripping and definitely mdma, everything was interesting and tactile was awesome. I went 4x4'ing on unplowed old ass logging roads with fresh snow. And before I get any shit for it, I was running to town for supplies before a snowstorm and only idiots like me drive those roads, hour+ away from any help if you get stuck.

But yea, I dunno, gaba's just.. weird. I kind of like it now. I have a thread over there on it and it didn't treat me good last time but I think it's working well right now.

It's hard to differentiate from the kratom.

I'm really tired of my dance with opiates and my pain. I should just order a shitload of tramadol from India and get going here on gabapentin and give it another chance. I nearly broke down last night because it was the first time I was completely pain-free for the first time in 10 years. It was a reminder of "The Life That Once Was" for me.

There's gotta be a solution to this pain and not opiates.

I'm sorry about your sciatica, my wife has it very bad -- as bad as my other back pain is, sciatica is something I'm very glad I don't have. I nearly developed it due to powerlifting.. squats, dead lifts, clean and jerks, prepping for a competition. Thankfully (I guess) both my shoulders got pulled out of socket leading to surgeries but it saved my lower back thank god.

InvisibleLegend
RIP Sasha
Male

Loc: TX Flag
    #17942388 - 03/12/13 03:48 AM (11 years, 19 days ago)

Dude I hate to say it, but I'm glad someone finally addresses that tramadol causes seizures.

And shouldn't be played around with.

Hope you're okay though, OP.

--------------------
No sympathy for the devil, keep that in mind.
[url=
]Buy the ticket, take the ride. [/url]
Are you lost?

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

Loc: Dirdy SOUF Flag
Re: Tramadol made me have a Seizure! [Re: Legend]
    #17942402 - 03/12/13 03:58 AM (11 years, 19 days ago)

I found that if I mix tramadol or hydrocodone with anything it gives me the shimmies and scares the shit out of me  furthermore I cannot go beyond the recommended doses   

I can't so much as have a couple beers, coffee, or weed with that shit just makes me racey and nervous.

I like those drugs but because they're no good in conjunction with anything else I rarely take them. They're good for a road trip if someone else is driving.

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:
You constantly make posts thatr fling middle school insults at people you don't like mixed in with maladjusted psychopathic comments about wanting to beat up the other poster with a crowbar.

You know how shit you are, you just don't give a fuck for precisely that reason.

I disendorse you.[/quote]

InvisibleLocky
Dont Spill Me!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Over here, yes, here
Re: Tramadol made me have a Seizure! [Re: TheFakeSunRa]
    #17942504 - 03/12/13 05:03 AM (11 years, 19 days ago)

I use to take doses up to 400mg with little ill effects, i must be lucky, i felt as though i OD'ed on it once though. I believe that dose was 400 IR, i had flushes and passed out a couple times while puking everywhere... Restless twitching legs too. :eek:

--------------------

Offlinegonzo422
Haunted

Re: Tramadol made me have a Seizure! [Re: TheFakeSunRa]
    #17942512 - 03/12/13 05:11 AM (11 years, 19 days ago)

have had a couple. Major leauge sucks!  Have the mentioned  keppra (leveciratitum)?  They put me on that.  I have only seizured out after over-drinking.  Always feel it coming on right before, do you?

--------------------
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
    #17942654 - 03/12/13 06:29 AM (11 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

legit27 said:
Dude I hate to say it, but I'm glad someone finally addresses that tramadol causes seizures.

Seems like a recognized side effect. Almost common.

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

OfflineIts Pat
Still kicking
 User Gallery

Loc: THAT MAKES ME BETTER THAN YOU
Re: Tramadol made me have a Seizure! [Re: koods]
    #17942682 - 03/12/13 06:38 AM (11 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

legit27 said:

I can only ever remember one person in over 15 years getting a seizure, and this one time is it.

I wouldn't classify it nowhere near being common.

--------------------

BigUpRadio
WorldReggaeShow
DreaderThanDread - Listen!
(druqs said) don't get arsey, just get RC.

InvisibleCidneyIndole
www.shroomery.OG
Male User Gallery

Loc: Love's Secret Domain
    #17943499 - 03/12/13 11:39 AM (11 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

legit27 said:

I suspect the risk only comes into play when:

1- You are for some reason naturally seizure prone...

2- You are mixing the tramadol with certain other drugs....

3- You are taking a FUCKTON of tramadol...

Especially number 2. Most of the cases I've heard of, in fact (including yours, technically, though I don't know Gabapentin's mechanism of action) fall under rule number 2. Stimulants seem to be especially worrying.

I've eaten hundreds of mgs at a time without incident. Pretty sure once or twice even with ephedrine. Of course, I know that just because I, or anyone, got away with it, that doesn't mean it's safe--could just be I was lucky. Just saying, though...

--------------------
------------------------
I am me. We are You.

Offlinempd
Lammen Gorthaur
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mostly at home... Mostly....
Re: Tramadol made me have a Seizure! [Re: CidneyIndole]
    #17943544 - 03/12/13 11:48 AM (11 years, 19 days ago)

Tramadol will do it sometimes.  I took it for a while and it was okay, I was just lethargic and dull-witted.  I can have seizures as a result of the MPD, but also when the headaches get out of control (had one yesterday morning as a matter of fact).

Hang in there.  Love and hugs your way, bro'!

--------------------
There is no truer calling for mankind than that of true conservatism.

InvisibleSOLID BASTARD
Hella Vampires

Loc: 127.0.0.1
Re: Tramadol made me have a Seizure! [Re: Legend] * 1
    #17943688 - 03/12/13 12:24 PM (11 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

legit27 said:

I remember us dropping some knowledge about it on someone in chat. But anyways, Tramadol is strange. It lowers your seizure threshold, for some people to the extent that a lower dose can cause a seizure after continued use while using it solely recreationally at high doses will never create noticeable effect (aside from mu-opiod stimulation, obviously).

InvisibleDestitute
floss daily

Loc: where
    #17943721 - 03/12/13 12:29 PM (11 years, 19 days ago)

This is the sole reason I've had tramadol in my medicine cabinet for a year and haven't dared to try it. :eek:

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Re: Tramadol made me have a Seizure! [Re: SOLID BASTARD]
    #17944204 - 03/12/13 02:38 PM (11 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

Cutless said:
I remember us dropping some knowledge about it on someone in chat. But anyways, Tramadol is strange. It lowers your seizure threshold, for some people to the extent that a lower dose can cause a seizure after continued use while using it solely recreationally at high doses will never create noticeable effect (aside from mu-opiod stimulation, obviously).

I was revisiting this thread to post just this.

and dropping knowledge like a preacher with an ill sermon preachin

:datass:

I really hope 'dropping knowledge' doesn't become too dated.

:bongload:

:vibin:

Invisiblekr0nik0
Ole' Salty
Male User Gallery

Loc: Western Slope, CO Flag
    #17944278 - 03/12/13 02:54 PM (11 years, 19 days ago)

It's right on the bottle and accompanying RX brochure.

"This medicine when taken at above prescribed dosages increases the chances for seizures."

--------------------

“[...]the only people for me are the mad ones,
the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk,
mad to be saved,
desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes “Awww!”

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: Tramadol made me have a Seizure! [Re: Its Pat]
    #17944351 - 03/12/13 03:10 PM (11 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

Its Pat said:
Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

legit27 said:

I can only ever remember one person in over 15 years getting a seizure, and this one time is it.

It's mentioned right at the top of the list of serious side effects in the monograph.

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

InvisibleMush 4 Brains
about tree fiddy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Tacos
Re: Tramadol made me have a Seizure! [Re: Its Pat]
    #17944448 - 03/12/13 03:27 PM (11 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

Its Pat said:
Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

legit27 said:

Ive been experimenting with tramadol for a decade now.  My father has been taking it everyday pretty much for the last 5 years.  I'm very familiar and fond of Tramadol.  Used properly there is little risk. 

I've read about the seizure risk and have looked up stories about it on erowid.  Every Tramadol induced seizure story I've read about has one thing in common: A ridiculously high dose.

Don't mix Tramadol with weird shit and don't take a reckless amount.  If you have epilepsy or risk of seizures don't take Tramadol.  I got a free prescription of tramadol from a girl I know who has epilepsy.  She sprained something and was prescribed it at the ER.  Her regular doc was like stop taking that shit.

Invisiblebeautifuldowngrade
Evil Friend

Re: Tramadol made me have a Seizure! [Re: Mush 4 Brains]
    #17944509 - 03/12/13 03:36 PM (11 years, 19 days ago)

I didn't realize it can cause seizures. My mom takes it for arthritis, and my sister takes it occasionally to clean her house. It hypes her up. I've only ever taken it once and it didn't do anything for the pain I was in so I didn't take it again. Thanks for the warning, I'll pass on the info.

Glad you're alright, OP.

--------------------
With the last breath of my soul I'll be blessing you 

that's not art, it's shit tickets
-Prisoner#1

Edited by beautifuldowngrade (03/12/13 03:37 PM)

Invisiblekr0nik0
Ole' Salty
Male User Gallery

Loc: Western Slope, CO Flag
Re: Tramadol made me have a Seizure! [Re: beautifuldowngrade]
    #17944562 - 03/12/13 03:45 PM (11 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

beautifuldowngrade said:
I didn't realize it can cause seizures. My mom takes it for arthritis, and my sister takes it occasionally to clean her house. It hypes her up. I've only ever taken it once and it didn't do anything for the pain I was in so I didn't take it again. Thanks for the warning, I'll pass on the info.

Glad you're alright, OP.

It has such a low affinity to your opioid receptors and makes me shake like when I take Somas. If taken as prescribed tho, you shouldn't be concerned with seizures unless you are prone to them.

--------------------

“[...]the only people for me are the mad ones,
the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk,
mad to be saved,
desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes “Awww!”

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds