Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineYellowSubmarine
Soviet Pig

Loc: U.S.S.R.
Do Mushrooms Affect One's Ability to Astral Project?
    #1791916 - 08/08/03 11:28 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I've been on this Astral binge topic lately.

Few basic questions;

Does the intake of mushrooms and marijuana affect the effects of ones ability to astrally project themselves out of body? I'm not talking about taking an eighth of shrooms and trying to project, I'm talking about the very idea, the very introduction of such a powerful substance such as mushrooms affecting ones overall ability to achieve these 'natural' states of altered conciousness. Do regular shroomers/ tokers find it more difficult to AP? I've heard from various sources that drugs fall into the 'negative' category when it comes to subtle energy bodies and should be avoided at all costs. Others have not mentioned this.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepsylicon
Adventurer
Loc: Urbana, IL
Re: Do Mushrooms Affect One's Ability to Astral Project? [Re: YellowSubmarine]
    #1792145 - 08/08/03 12:48 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Definitely having these substances in your body facilitates projection. I know this from quite a bit of experience; my best projectionions have occured on a fairly hard hit of salvia; another time while meditating on 12 wet grams of koh samui I entered into an enthralling experience with giant mushroom creatures. On the long term too, I have found that having consumed such psychadelics in the past sort of 'opens the door' and makes future, sober meditations much more powerful. As far as marijuana is concerned, I'm not an avid user, but back in the day I tried it occasionally for such purposes with minimal success.
I have read similar testimonials condemning the use of psychadelics to aid in projection; all of these I've seen in mainstream books on Wicca, and it's my opinion that these authors are extremely ignorant and have never tried such substances, afraid to condone anything illegal. Certainly the peyote, ayahuasca, and mushroom using shamans of the past achieved far more powerful visionary states than do contemporary wicca practitioners; I've heard reports that medieval witches even facilitated projection by boiling jimson weed and spreading it on their broomsticks, then masterbating with it in ritual.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #1792239 - 08/08/03 01:25 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Non-shroomers ability to AP: zero.

Shroomers ability to AP: zero.

Summation: no discernable difference.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
Re: Do Mushrooms Affect One's Ability to Astral Project? [Re: Swami]
    #1792343 - 08/08/03 01:58 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
Non-shroomers ability to AP: zero.

Shroomers ability to AP: zero.

Summation: no discernable difference.

Oh, i see....and that is based on what exactly? The only posts i see from you swami are cries of a caged mind trying to cling to a 'known' reality. There are some things that are unexplainable to us,.....forgive me if i misjudged you......, what is your spirituality btw?

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Do Mushrooms Affect One's Ability to Astral Project? [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1792379 - 08/08/03 02:09 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Oh, i see....and that is based on what exactly?
How about all of the "advanced" astral travellers and remote viewers that failed the Swami Challenge in identifying a specific object in my house in a specific location?

The only posts i see from you swami are cries of a caged mind trying to cling to a 'known' reality.
Huh? You know nothing about me bro, yet you can do a complete analysis. This is the infamous conclusion-jumping so famous with the fantasy-minded on this board.

There are some things that are unexplainable to us,.....forgive me if i misjudged you......,
Unexplainable or explainable has nothing to do with the fact that AP is purely in the mind. Nothing actually leaves the body.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #1792400 - 08/08/03 02:15 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Another gross generalization by Swami based on no experience at all

Drugs can, and do hinder one's ability to project. This is not absolute however. As usual, anything in moderation is the key. The daily smoking of marijuana, from my experience, does in fact hinder remembering dreams, and achieving the vibrations neccessary for astral projection. Again, this is not the rule. I have had extreme spontaneous vibrations whilst stoned on the cannabis..and achieved projection shortly after.

I use mushrooms very rarely, perhaps once or twice a year. So I cannot give any conclusive experience to it, but I have had one astral projection while shrooming, and it came quite naturally.

But the short answer to your question is yes.. pot/shrooms/etc CAN hinder your ability to project. If you are using those drugs just to project, don't bother. Practice it sober, get comfortable with it sober. This isn't to say these things stop your ability to project, just that they can hinder it if used for the wrong reasons. It is a natural state..astral projection.. and you don't need help from any other substances. Though if these elements have been introduced into your body, do not worry.. just focus on the task.

I have projected both on mushrooms, and pot. But the vast majority of my astral projections have been while sober.

--------------------

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

#1792403 - 08/08/03 02:16 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
Oh, i see....and that is based on what exactly?
How about all of the "advanced" astral travellers and remote viewers that failed the Swami Challenge in identifying a specific object in my house in a specific location?

Actually i never saw the swami astral projection challenge....or even knew about it.  I wouldn't mind reading it, what was the thread title?

Quote:

Swami said:The only posts i see from you swami are cries of a caged mind trying to cling to a 'known' reality.
Huh? You know nothing about me bro, yet you can do a complete analysis. This is the infamous conclusion-jumping so famous with the fantasy-minded on this board.

Forgive the colourful metaphor, what i mean is your posts seem to mainly consist of saying how spiritual topics can't exist...or trying to discredit them, or deny them....that was all....

Quote:

Swami said:There are some things that are unexplainable to us,.....forgive me if i misjudged you......,
Unexplainable or explainable has nothing to do with the fact that AP is purely in the mind. Nothing actually leaves the body.

I agree with you that nothing leaves the body.  I admit i don't know much on the topic, but how does the experience being in the mind lessen its value or importance?! :confused:

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #1792422 - 08/08/03 02:20 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Swami, if you have been paying attention to these threads for the past 4 years, you should know by now that the astral realm is not the physical, and even experienced astral travellers cannot at will, try and see into the physical realm just to prove a skeptic wrong. That is the area of clairvoyance. The astral plane exists parallel to the physical, in pure energy form. I would ask that if you have no experience with astral projection whatsoever, that you do not claim non-existence. I have been there.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Do Mushrooms Affect One's Ability to Astral Project? [Re: Shroomism]
    #1792490 - 08/08/03 02:35 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Actually it was the Swami Remote Viewing Challenge. He should know by now that Remote Viewing and Astral Projection are two *completely* different things, but I guess his brain still does not make that distinction.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#1792503 - 08/08/03 02:39 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

but how does the experience being in the mind lessen its value or importance?!

Huh? Where did I say that? The general claim is that the astral body leaves the physical body, not that it is merely a mind-state; that is what I question.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#1792525 - 08/08/03 02:43 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

and even experienced astral travellers cannot at will, try and see into the physical realm just to prove a skeptic wrong

But they can see into the physical realm as long as it is NOT to prove a skeptic wrong. They have funny rules on the other side.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #1792536 - 08/08/03 02:46 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

No Swami, you are completely missing the point. The Astral realm is NOT the physical realm, it only slightly reflects it. They CANNOT see into the physical realm, nor would anyone want to, or even think about whilst exploring the astral plane.

--------------------

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

#1792554 - 08/08/03 02:51 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
but how does the experience being in the mind lessen its value or importance?!

Huh? Where did I say that? The general claim is that the astral body leaves the physical body, not that it is merely a mind-state; that is what I question.

Well obviously the 'astral body' doesn't walk away from the material one....but if the astral body is part of a particular mindstate is not the whole concept of astral projection then a mind-state? Whats there to question? Can you not visualise walking through a medow on a sunny day? Its not the same as actually doing it, but it pretty close....at least in my perspective.

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#1792716 - 08/08/03 03:40 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

from a popular MysticWeb website: Within the Astral Plane there exists all that exists in the Physical Plane.

That means my object d'art that was the prize of the Swam Challenge should have been readily visible to ANY EXPERIENCED traveller.

--------------------

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

#1792730 - 08/08/03 03:43 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Mystic web knows it all.  :lol:

...swami your graspin... :wink:

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#1792776 - 08/08/03 03:54 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I see how it all works now. It is OK to be skeptical of Mystic Web, but NOT fellow shroomerites?

--------------------

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

#1792798 - 08/08/03 03:59 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

You should be skeptical of everything. As of now i do not believe in astral projection. Yet i am learning about it as i respond here....
Why would i learn about it....and even devote hours of practice to it, if i don't believe it?...because i haven't tried....can you say the same?

Why do you feel the need to discredit spirituality? I know as well as you all the sick bullshit people try to sell as religion, but i have also experienced a strong, personal, experience that transends any concept of religion. This is what drives me to read everything, believe nothing, and experience as much as i can, because only by having such revelations yourself, can you accept others.

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

OfflineYellowSubmarine
Soviet Pig

Loc: U.S.S.R.
    #1793161 - 08/08/03 05:34 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I love the book by Robert Bruce entitled Astral Dynamics. I have read a few other books and website info but all seemed like a load of b.s. as I was still skeptical. I am still just as skeptical of the process however I greatly understand after i took to this book. Bruce seems to believe that the physical mind has 7 mindly states of projection. By keeping your conciousness 'awake' during this process of trance sleep mode you are able to transfer your conciousness to the higher levels of awareness. I thought the same thing that astral projection was possibly just a vivid imagination in your minds eye. Apparantley all projectors do feel a definite click and senses are opened even though there are no organs. I like to think of the whole process as a complex linear spaceship computer in your head. It's so fascinating and exciting! I just can't wait for it to happen just so I can 'see' the damn thing for myself.

OfflineMindTrap
Disembodiedvoice
Loc: It's all in your head...
    #1793209 - 08/08/03 05:46 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

"i have also experienced a strong, personal, experience that transends any concept of religion."

What experience was that?

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
Re: Do Mushrooms Affect One's Ability to Astral Project? [Re: MindTrap]
    #1793531 - 08/08/03 07:09 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

....dont worry about swami...hes merely fooled by the Illusion of the Gross plane (physical) You have to be open minded swami.....just let ideas flow in and observe and the truth will come out. Once your open minded enough i suggest you read some books and practice and see for yourself. Thats what makes the metaphysical so great because its not imposing ideas and stating that this is right because i say so. Its giving you information based on the expereinces of others and tells you if you want to see then try it for yourself, and you will....eventually. Why would thousands of people throughout history lie about something like this and if so why would all of the seemingly unrealated experiences be so similer? coincedence? i doubt it. Nothing is a coincedence....plus there are just too many of them to just brush it off as that. Only a close minded fool would do such a thing.

I dont mean to preach at you swami....and i cannot enable you to be "ready" myself. That is entirely up to you and your karma. All i can do is be who i am and offer my knowledge in hopes that one day it will help someone to realize the truth...the truth is everywhere, just dont be blind to it and fooled by the illusion in which we are all living in.

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order