Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesoma_seeker
Stranger in aStrange Land
 User Gallery

Loc: Down under
Adding coffee to the soak/boil water for tampanensis scletoria grow
    #17912004 - 03/06/13 05:56 AM (11 years, 25 days ago)

Hi everyone,

I'm planning on doing my first tampanensis scletoria grow next week with rye grain. 

I plan to follow RR's usual rye grain procedure, however (as advised for scletoria), I'd  like to add coffee to the soak/boil water.  The problem is I don't ever brew my own coffee, and don't have anything available to me to do so....

What I do have however is about 5kg (!) of spent coffee grounds (friend works at a cafe), which I'd like to try and use.  Has anyone tried anything like this before?

Could I just boil some spent coffee in the water I will use for the boil/soak?  Since the coffee is spent much of the nutrients will obviously be gone, but if I use a decent amount more won't it be likely to have the same effect?  Any suggestions for the amount I'm likely to need?  Is it important for me to filter the coffee out of the water before adding the rye grain?

If I were just preparing a small amount I'd buy a large coffee and throw it into the mix, but I'm planning on preparing at least 10-15 quarts of grain and would also like to put my surplus of spent coffee to use if I can.

Any thoughts/suggestions from anyone who has attempted something like this before would be much appreciated.

cheers

--------------------
Taking a psychedelic is analogous to life, if you dwell on reaching the end you'll never enjoy the trip!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblegrainbrain
Tribalistic

Re: Adding coffee to the soak/boil water for tampanensis scletoria grow [Re: soma_seeker]
    #17913183 - 03/06/13 12:52 PM (11 years, 25 days ago)

You could use a coffee filter and rubber band as an improvised teabag in the soak water.

Offlinesoma_seeker
 User Gallery

Re: Adding coffee to the soak/boil water for tampanensis scletoria grow [Re: grainbrain]
    #17913589 - 03/06/13 02:17 PM (11 years, 25 days ago)

good idea thanks.

tyvek might be better still

--------------------
Taking a psychedelic is analogous to life, if you dwell on reaching the end you'll never enjoy the trip!

Offlinesoma_seeker
 User Gallery

Re: Adding coffee to the soak/boil water for tampanensis scletoria grow [Re: soma_seeker]
    #17913807 - 03/06/13 02:57 PM (11 years, 25 days ago)

still not sure about the quantity I should use though....

--------------------

OfflineTipOfTheCap
Professional Hippy
Male User Gallery

#26867353 - 08/06/20 09:06 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

How did this end up turning out?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds